Bnr32 Drift

I tried drifting a bnr32 skyline drift stock and I couldn't get it to drift.
Why is it easier to drift the bcnr33 and bnr34 stock withour stagering the tires?

It is either the weight of the BNR33 and 34 is heavier than the R32. What could you do is tap the good ol Ebrake.

everything in this game has to do with the tcs settings i believe...i put any car on to my certain settings and all of a sudden i can over-steer like crazy

What was the point of posting that nike? that was not what i meant...i meant that these settings have the greatest effect on grip and 'driftability' and that the settings i use help me greatly... i don't turn them all off. i don't believe that turning them all off is the best method as 99.9% of the time it just gives a wicked snap-back on correcting, which i never have a problem with now.

Yes i know the die hard GT4 players that never leave their room or house say that turning them off is the best and most realistic way to go about it in this game, but in real life the drift cars do have TCS and ASM, so it only makes sense to find your own settings for the car or cars you drive

What was the point of posting that nike? that was not what i meant...i meant that these settings have the greatest effect on grip and 'driftability' and that the settings i use help me greatly... i don't turn them all off. i don't believe that turning them all off is the best method as 99.9% of the time it just gives a wicked snap-back on correcting, which i never have a problem with now.

Yes i know the die hard GT4 players that never leave their room or house say that turning them off is the best and most realistic way to go about it in this game, but in real life the drift cars do have TCS and ASM, so it only makes sense to find your own settings for the car or cars you drive

im drifting stock and most cars have tcs but not drift machine jgtc500 and time atk

That is all true, even though I do drift stock all the time. Though it may help all the time, but people always tend to turn them off. But some cars in GT4 don't really need the TSC and ASM, if you think that Im trying to constrict GT4 Drifting to a single style, I am not. Heh, I am also trying to make a Impreza Spec C driftable with balanced tires and the aids off.

Boundary Layer
“Drifting with ASM Understeer on is like riding a bike with training wheels” ~ Boundary Layer

Seriously, it is. The driving aids are there to allow the game to look after car balance and excess wheelspin for you. With them on your only job is to steer and accelerate, no consideration needs to be given to weight transfer and momentum. Using any driving aids in your drift setup greatly takes away from the overall gaming and drifting experience in my opinion.

I have always viewed their use as allowing the game to do my work for me, they have the ability to take a sim game with a great physics model and dumb it down to the point of being an arcade racer. I guarantee none of the top drifters on this forum use any of the aids, they have learned exceptional car control without them.

If you’re looking for a greater appreciation or understanding of the game physics, car setup and control, and/or weight transfer then their use will only impede your progress. TURN OFF THE AIDS, you will become a better drifter for doing so. If you choose to leave them on, well that’s your choice, but know that you would be building skill and learning technique faster without them.
but I am still a noob. so I read this guide

That is all true, even though I do drift stock all the time. Though it may help all the time, but people always tend to turn them off. But some cars in GT4 don't really need the TSC and ASM, if you think that Im trying to constrict GT4 Drifting to a single style, I am not. Heh, I am also trying to make a Impreza Spec C driftable with balanced tires and the aids off.

but I am still a noob. so I read this guide

I have to agree but not all cars have tcs and asm and do you think the famous pros like Nobuteru,Keiichi or Manubu drive with aids.

id have to say it's like putting a mustang up against a supra or other modern japanese RWD. the mustang is the car with nothing in the way of computers to adjust settings, whereas most newer cars including most popular drift cars have these things built in to improve control and such. i think in the case of cars such as nissans for example which most use hicas(i think it is for nissan) or attessa for improved control, i believe any car with a fc or other has some form of stability or traction control... i really don't know if the pro drifters use it or not but it really is personal preference, in real life i prefer none but in the game i like a bit.:crazy:

PS: that guide is just what that personal driver thinks, not what each individual player thinks, i read this quite a few years ago or something very similar and did learn to drift without aids, but it is not a 'cheat' to use them, what works for one may not work for others, did they ever think that?

... "i think in the case of cars such as nissans for example which most use hicas(i think it is for nissan) or attessa for improved control.."

What exactly is a "hica" and an "attessa"?

HICAS is Nissan's 4 wheel steering mechanism, it can turn the rear wheels something around 15 degrees i think,

ATTESSA-ETS is Nissan's Real-time traction control/awd torque split, mainly known for its use in the Nissan Skyline GT-R's and Stagea's.

HICAS is Nissan's 4 wheel steering mechanism, it can turn the rear wheels something around 15 degrees i think,

ATTESSA-ETS is Nissan's Real-time traction control/awd torque split, mainly known for its use in the Nissan Skyline GT-R's and Stagea's.

Super Hicas
When attacking a corner, the rear wheels will steer in reverse first in order to sharpen the initial steering response. Then, when sensors sense that the car responds to steering, the rear wheels will steer in the same direction as the front wheels, thus immediately introduces rear-tyre slip which help adjusting the attacking angle. Since the computer is monitoring the whole process, the amount of oversteering is always under check. You need not to be afraid of losing control.
Well, the 240sx/180sx also have the HICA in them. I also think that an Rx7 might have it.

Back