Body Fat %

• Thread starter Small_Fryz
  • 52 comments
I heard the accurate way to test body fat % is to submerge yourself and then measure the buoyancy.

I'm definately not super ripped, i'm about 5'6, 127 lbs, and fit/in shape. I measured everything they asked for give or take .25"

I may not actiually have 10% body fat like the test suggests, but I would guess that I have less then average.

That is until you begin to pack on serious muscle (don't exactly have to be a bodybuilder though). Muscle weighs more than fat & in most cases occupies more volume than a collection of fat cells, therefore the buoyancy test is biased. It's probably best to stick to the callipers or an electronic measurement.

FormulaGT

I also used that online test posted here, I have 6,5% body fat; thats 5kg and 79 kg of bone and other stuff you need to life.

I guess I am average built, my weight is on the heavy side compared to my classmates. Iam 6'' tall and my weight is 185 pounds.💡

The study says:
Top Athletes: 3-12%

The only things I do is lifting weights and cycling, but thats it.

"Your Results

You have 9% body fat.

You have 14 Pounds of fat and 141 Pounds of lean (muscle, bone, body water)."

I'm not that skinny, though I do have a skinny wrist...

*cough*

*Bump*

Okay, I'm 11%. There was one of those electric current-based body fat testers in the new college gym so everyone gave it a go.

Two percent in 3 months. You better watch out or you'll be a chunk pretty soon. :lol:

I kid. I kid.

I got 16% body fat (from the online test thingo), I'm 17 years old, 6ft 4'' and approximately 63 kilograms.

Using my recent (2 weeks ago) physical, I have a body fat percentage of 21.8% Which is down 20% from November of last year, so I'm happy (I'm a DDR playing fool!).

I got 16% body fat (from the online test thingo), I'm 17 years old, 6ft 4'' and approximately 63 kilograms.
16% body fat? At 6ft 4 and 63 Kg? Something doesn't add up there.

I'm 5ft 10 and 70Kg, and I'm not considered heavy for my height.

16% body fat? At 6ft 4 and 63 Kg? Something doesn't add up there.

You can blame it on the test man, but in high school, my mate who was about 6ft 5'' then, did a real body fat test in HPE, and he came up with approximately 7% body fat. He was (still is) very tall and skinny, so I kinda believe that I'm around 16%.

17, 185cm, 65kg.

I'm a long distance runner, on average 8-10km a day.... so wonder what body percent fat i'd have.

Brother :sly:
Dude, it sounds like we're rather similar :lol:
Except for the running bit, I got asthma :indiff: But it's only mild :)

I have no idea what percent of bodyfat I have or what the best way to accurately measure it would be. But I weigh 12.4 stone, that's 172lbs or 78.75kg and I'm 5'9", about 179cm tall.

2.5% BF @ 168lbs in mid December, but I broke my leg since then and haven't been working out. That was recorded after my 3rd 10 weeks work out cycle 3 days a week 2 hours a day; prior to that workout schedule I recordings were 2.3% BF @ 154lbs. That was measured using a Futrex system.

2.5% BF @ 168lbs in mid December, but I broke my leg since then and haven't been working out. That was recorded after my 3rd 10 weeks work out cycle 3 days a week 2 hours a day; prior to that workout schedule I recordings were 2.3% BF @ 154lbs. That was measured using a Futrex system.
2.3% Body fat?

Are you manic obsessive when it comes to having a 6 pack or something? Because I don't think that is healthy no matter what sport you do.

According to some websites that's fine as long as Sliding is a bloke. Apparently the minimum for a woman is around 10% Body fat.

According to some websites that's fine as long as Sliding is a bloke. Apparently the minimum for a woman is around 10% Body fat.

Theres plenty of research online about body fat %'s vs health, woman's is defiantly higher than a mans, although I have never researched it. From what Ive read though, 2.5% is in the essential body fat range, but if I catch a cold or something my body is for sure going to shrink like crazy because the lack of fat to burn, therefore the muscle must go lol. I just like to stay in shape, no crazy sports just surfing and skating, BF% doesn't matter in sports though if your cardio system isn't up to speed.

I believe that the thing can't test me correctly... I am
6ft-140lbs
I ride a bike every day at least 3-4 miles(fast enough to get me panting)
the test says 19
but i think im more around 13 :embarrassed:
healthy is 19... unless you're an athlete :D

Back