BODY RIGIDITY DETERIORATES WAY TOO FAST

• Thread starter dixonbaps
  • 294 comments
England
Mushroom Valley
Dean200271
I first noticed this on my Viper GTS 15th Anniversary '13. I fitted a rig bar (improved body rigidity) in the pit service area then went racing. Over a little time and quite a few short races I noticed the handling wasn't up to scratch. So I went back to the pit service area to be greeted with the message "Body rigidity has begun to deteriorate". So I thought fair enough. I've done quite a few sprints with my Viper and thought nothing of it. Only cost 70,000 credits to sort it. The car has only done 325.9 miles.

Then I did a 2-3 hour grind for 2 Million credits and bought a Bentley Speed 8. Did the same thing, went to the pit area and changed oil, added a rig bar etc. and have done just 4 championships with it, 4

2x Dream Car, 1x Like The Wind & 1x GT World Championship.

It was during the 2nd Dream Car Championship (which was the 4th championship done) at Le Sarthe and then at the Nurb that I lost some handling. Quite alot of handling in fact at the Nurb to the point it was nearly undrivable. So I went back to the pit area and was greeted with the same message "Body rigidity has begun to deteriorate" and I've only got 375.1 miles on the clock this time. This I wouldn't mind but at 500,000 sovs to restore it is pathetic. Especially when payouts are so low.

I am beginning to wonder if it's programmed this way so that I may be forced to buy some in-game credits for real cash to carry on enjoying the game?

At this rate, if there was an endurance in GT6 with over 300 miles it would cost more to run it than what I imagine the payout would be for completing it.

I hope this is fixed soon by an update or something because if it's not, It could be a game breaker for me. I ain't grinding for an hour and half at a time just to get another 300 miles out of a virtual car. It's meant to be a game for enjoyment not torture. Had enough of that in GT5 before the seasonals came out.

I think I'll test some cheep cars to see what happens with them and wait for PD's patch for it if there is ever going to be one. I just feel sorry for peeps on-line if rigidity deteriorates on-line as well.

I only visited the garage once when i started the game on friday.

Never again visited it and all my cars still drive fine ?
Some should have quite a few km on the clock.

Anyway,
Deteriorating body rigidity on a full carbon monocopue race car purpose built for 24h races, lol good one.

So silly, only PD can make up stuff like this.

I dont think this is any issue in reality for car not older as 10 years.
Race cars ar built incredible strong for safety reasons, can't imagine they ever get weak.
(Before body becomes weak suspension points brake out)
And road cars also made huge steps forward in this area, i guess before you notice any deterioration you need a new suspension 5 times and new engine/gearbox twice...

Another classic feature of the GT series, "simulating" stuff noone is interested in like deteriorating body rigidity but not really importand things like brakes getting to hot or engines spitting out pistons after a bad downshift.

I would try the same events with the same car but without the rigidity bar. Those type of mods in reality transfer more stresses through the body/chassis because all the forces of road use are now transferred into the body/chassis with no flex to absorb the movements.

Removing them/not adding them should allow the body/chassis to flex more reducing the stresses created from road noise. The less the body/chassis is stressed the less maintenance is needed *in theory lol*

It's a good test case.

Really a Bentley Speed 8 shouldn't even need more rigidity improvements to perform well anyway. barely any race car should. These mods should be reserved for Classic road cars, muscle cars, hot hatches, sports cars. basically road cars etc stuff with mass produced floppy bodies and chassis.

Last edited:
I haven't had this happen to the 15th Anniversary HVC-010 that I've tried to use for just about everything now. Tons of events and no drops in oil/chassis/engine so far...

Judging by the turbo problem with that same car, the problem with the Viper and the Speed 8 at least could just be a programming error.

does anyone know if your car deteriorates from online racing? Haven't had a chance to test it myself.

Just saw that my VGT also is not in tip-top condition anymore. But I almost fainted when I saw the restoration fee. I don't know if my Japanese version of the game has different units to the European and American versions, but I saw 50,000,000! Even if I have added an extra zero by mistake, I know the cost was half the value of the car, if you were to buy it.
Obviously mine is a gift car, but I was planning on buying another because I'm so obsessed with this car. I'm having second thoughts with these ridiculous running costs!!

With the cheaper race cars in some cases it might be better financially to sell it when the body goes and re-buy it again, but with the multi-million Cr machines this could be an issue.

Maybe PD have taken on the mentality of "if you can afford to buy it, you can afford to maintain it"

In GT5 I thinkn I only did the restore rigidity thing once or twice to see if it did anything... I never really noticed any difference.

So far in GT6 I can't say I've noticed any degradation but maybe I just don't have enough miles on the cars yet... not sure. If this proves to be true I will be very VERY unhappy.

Yea its quite ridiculous it should be at least 5000 miles and even then it should be a small ~5% reduction. Hardly noticeable.

Even if you refuse to do it for 100000 miles your car should still be drivable. Restore body rigidity should be a hardcore feature for people who know their car 100% and want to behave identically.

In fact in real life sometimes a loss of rigidity can be a good thing in terms of stability

Bump, Because I want the prices to be patched for this.
Sounds like you wouldnt even break even on the credits won from the races, after you pay the restore cost. geez 300 miles and an engine is barely worn in.. I would LIKE to think that they missed a zero. ;)
I will just continue to drive my beaters around, should be a bit easier on my credits lol. Bet it gets expensive fast if you are in on online GT3 league or the like.. I'll have to be careful where and when I use the expensive cars I suppose.

How much is repairing the rigidity in higher end cars? So far with my FRS which has the most mileage I don't see the big deal in paying for it.

If it is expensive the they should scrap that. There's no mechanical damage in the game, so how is adding body rigidity any bit more realistic?

I'll double check when I get home, but like I said above, the VGT is silly money. It still handles like a dream at the moment, but it's starting to hit a nerve. I'm loving the game in total, but it certainly has it's fair share of iffy parts.

made lots of races not rigidity problems. Didn't bother stiffening it at all on cars so far. could it be that ramming the car on the walls deteriorate that? ;)

I used the R18 TDI 15th Anniversary Edition for some pre-race practice and for the GT Championship to unlock the Super License.

No outrageous crashes, knocked against a wall 2 x during race when AI tried pulling a pit maneuver.
Total mileage less than 400 Mi, Pit Service tells me Body Rigidity is starting to deteriorate.
Cost to fix; 500,000 credits!!!!!

2nd time this has happened.
1st time was for the SLS AMG GT3 15th Anniversary Edition.
That cost about me about 250,000 credits.

Would be ridiculous if people can't race their cars because they can't afford to fix them!

That's certainly the case with my Speed 8. Anything with corners and the car is very hard to keep control. At the moment I can only use it to grind Like The Wind without any major control issues.:irked:

Edit: I've taken the plunge and spent 500,000 smackers on the rigidity restore. I'll see what happens after another 350 miles :odd:

Last edited:
1100 miles on gt300 rx7 body still mint ...... lol stay out 70mph cops/cruise lobbies and stay off the walls = body last long time

It has been telling me my Mazda RX-8's body registry has started to deteriorate ever since 350 or so miles. The oil level and engine are fine however.

Seems kind of silly as what cars body starts to break after only 350 miles. That said I am around 500 miles now on the car and I haven't really noticed any difference while driving.

This is seriously worrying. Cars that deteriorate quickly and requiring inordinate amounts of credits to be restored?
Are Sony/PD trying everything they can to milk real money from users with their in-game currency DLCs?

This is seriously worrying. Cars that deteriorate quickly and requiring inordinate amounts of credits to be restored?
Are Sony/PD trying everything they can to milk real money from users with their in-game currency DLCs?
tell me one game company that doesnt milk there customers money lol be ready to go back a fair few years lol

What the heck you guys are complaining about? It's a simulator! It costs a lot of money to run and maintain race cars IRL. So what they did here adds realism. If you cannot afford to keep fixing race cars costing millions you need to go back to cheaper machinery, just like in real life. Or get yourself a gentleman-driver.
LOL
/sarcasm

Noticed this in my 91 Acura NSX also, I'd won a few races with it and just under 400 miles total driven and the car needed body restoration. Cost me 40,000 credits which is I think nearly half the price of the brand new car.

It would actually be kind of a cool feature for the career mode if they made it right.

Pay for the tires you use (a set between 400-2000Cr depending on car) instead of paying 6000 for "Sport" once.
(6000 is to much for one set, not enough for "lifetime refill".

Pay for the fuel, brake pads/discs, shocks...

But you can only do that for road cars, every one knows that it is impossible to run a race car/team on price money only.
And you have to get the deterioration rates right...

300 miles is a joke, even the tires should last that long...

Latest Posts

Back