BODY RIGIDITY DETERIORATES WAY TOO FAST

• Thread starter dixonbaps
  • 294 comments
300 miles is a joke, even the tires should last that long...
Not really, road tyres get worn very fast if you track your car. Tyres on F1 cars get worn and need changing 1,2 or sometimes 3 times in 1 race which is usually about 2 hours long.

I only visited the garage once when i started the game on friday.

Never again visited it and all my cars still drive fine ?
Some should have quite a few km on the clock.

Anyway,
Deteriorating body rigidity on a full carbon monocopue race car purpose built for 24h races, lol good one.

So silly, only PD can make up stuff like this.

I dont think this is any issue in reality for car not older as 10 years.
Race cars ar built incredible strong for safety reasons, can't imagine they ever get weak.
(Before body becomes weak suspension points brake out)
And road cars also made huge steps forward in this area, i guess before you notice any deterioration you need a new suspension 5 times and new engine/gearbox twice...

Another classic feature of the GT series, "simulating" stuff noone is interested in like deteriorating body rigidity but not really importand things like brakes getting to hot or engines spitting out pistons after a bad downshift.
Had somethin like this happen with a Gt4 Audi R8. After driving its wheels off for only 400 or so miles, i hit the brakes to take Mulsanne corner from 210, and the R8 just instantly snapped around full 180 and went into the wall engine first at full tilt.

Not really, road tyres get worn very fast if you track your car. Tyres on F1 cars get worn and need changing 1,2 or sometimes 3 times in 1 race which is usually about 2 hours long.

F1 cars aren't using road tires. They're using racing slicks that are specially designed to wear out in a relatively short amount of time so that F1 can manufacture pit stops and strategy.

I noticed that my Audi R18 has the rigidity is starting to deteriorate, I also notice that there are two options in the pit service, Improve rigidity 32k, restore rigidity 500k. I would think that the car could benefit from the 32k service and that the 500k service would be a total waste of credits.

Kind of like rebuilding the engine when you only need an oil change ;)

I'm pretty sure "started to deteriorate" does not mean "it's completely shot". Do remember that at GT5 you could do a chassis restore on a car you just broke in, but it wouldn't have done anything to help the car.
Just sayin'.

On some cars it doesn't make that much difference but on the Bentley Speed 8 it has almost destroyed the handling on tracks with corners, making it almost impossible to get round the course without going off and crashing. You can't get round the Nurburging Nordschleife at any kind of speed without crashing.

F1 cars aren't using road tires. They're using racing slicks that are specially designed to wear out in a relatively short amount of time so that F1 can manufacture pit stops and strategy.

All tires wear out on the track. Sticky street tires will be done in 1 track day weekend - even Hoosier slicks are done after 1 afternoon of time trials.

Track time is brutal on a car.

I noticed that my Audi R18 has the rigidity is starting to deteriorate, I also notice that there are two options in the pit service, Improve rigidity 32k, restore rigidity 500k. I would think that the car could benefit from the 32k service and that the 500k service would be a total waste of credits.

I had same option when that came up.
I opted for the Improve Rigidity at first...
...but the rigidity deterioration alert did not go away following that...
...and I fear I have now hosed my 15th Anniversary AMG's handling. :ouch:

Last edited:
All tires wear out on the track. Sticky street tires will be done in 1 track day weekend - even Hoosier slicks are done after 1 afternoon of time trials.

Track time is brutal on a car.

I wasn't saying that they won't wear out, just that F1 tires really have no bearing on the wear characteristics of street tires.

How quickly tires wear out will depend on the car, the track (some are much harder on tires than others), the tires, and the drivers. With the typical track usage that I see---cars up to a bit over 200 HP, usage from 7 to 24 hours at a throw---relatively sticky street tires, say around SH or maybe SM at a guess, will last 24 to 36 hours of track time, possibly needing rotation partway through.

I think they do ~40 laps Nordschleife in the Taxi cars (BMW M3/M5) on one set, new suspension every 5000km , new car every 20000km. Dont ask me where i read that, cant remember.

And as i said, those things should only cost you on road cars.

My point is there are a lot of things that wear and tear but body rigidity is the least important of them all.

It would actually be kind of a cool feature for the career mode if they made it right.

Pay for the tires you use (a set between 400-2000Cr depending on car) instead of paying 6000 for "Sport" once.
(6000 is to much for one set, not enough for "lifetime refill".

Pay for the fuel, brake pads/discs, shocks...

But you can only do that for road cars, every one knows that it is impossible to run a race car/team on price money only.
And you have to get the deterioration rates right...

300 miles is a joke, even the tires should last that long...

Tires should last much longer than 300 miles, especially on racers.
Here are my easy calculations anyone can do for the r18 on racing mediums at La based off of the 2011 model)

If a track is 8.47 miles long, and an R18 averages a lap time of 3'24", and one set of tires lasts up to five stints (12 laps), find the total amount of miles one set of tires can do until a new pit stop.

Track: 8.47
Lap time: 3:24
Tire longevity: 5 stints
Time to complete one stint: (12x3.24=38.88)

8.470000000000001 : 3.24 = 2.61419753086 miles/min

2.614197530864199 × 38.88 = 101.64 (miles/min) x (min/1) = miles/stint

101.6400000000001 × 5 = 508.2 miles for 5 stints

In Gt5, I could barely get ten laps out of RM's with my 908 at whatever regs it ran in '10. It's total mileage for an average lap time of 3:30 is as follows..

Time to complete one stint: 10 × 3.3 = 33 min

8.470000000000001 : 3.3 = 2.56666666667 miles/min

2.566666666666667 × 33 = 84.7 (miles/min) x (min/1) = miles/stint

So basically here are the side-by-sides

Miles for a set of tires in reality: 508.2 (for 5 stints at 3.24 avg lap time)
Miles for a set of tires in GT5: 84.7 (for 1 stint (because I can't get anything else out of them after 10 laps) at 3.3 avg lap)

Now, it should be also noted that the range for the R18 (on diesel) can do about 11 laps before bingo fuel. I'm not sure what it is on GT 6 as I haven't gotten the time to get enough credits, but if someone here can vouch for the amount of laps before it goes to reserves and what location around Le Mans (by description, picture, or location on track) that would be great. I am also unsure if you can choose to only get fuel. For my this should be implemented as such if I need a quick splash I can jump in and stay in the lead for a while to come back in latter. I have no idea why they can't just put a zero option for all 4 tires (which also means that I should be allowed to specifically choose which tire on which wheel on which axel).

It is absurd just looking at those numbers and think that this is a sim... I'm not a great driver when compared to Tom, Allan, or Andre, but I should be able to do more than 1 stint on a freaking set of tires...

I was not aware we were talking exclusively about street tyres, however a street tyre will not last 300 miles of heavy driving on a track.

I was not aware we were talking exclusively about street tyres, however a street tyre will not last 300 miles of heavy driving on a track.

We're not, necessarily, but you made a statement about road tires and then used F1 (decidedly not road tires) as an example, which doesn't make sense.

Tires should last much longer than 300 miles, especially on racers.
Here are my easy calculations anyone can do for the r18 on racing mediums at La based off of the 2011 model)

If a track is 8.47 miles long, and an R18 averages a lap time of 3'24", and one set of tires lasts up to five stints (12 laps), find the total amount of miles one set of tires can do until a new pit stop.

Track: 8.47
Lap time: 3:24
Tire longevity: 5 stints
Time to complete one stint: (12x3.24=38.88)

8.470000000000001 : 3.24 = 2.61419753086 miles/min

2.614197530864199 × 38.88 = 101.64 (miles/min) x (min/1) = miles/stint

101.6400000000001 × 5 = 508.2 miles for 5 stints

In Gt5, I could barely get ten laps out of RM's with my 908 at whatever regs it ran in '10. It's total mileage for an average lap time of 3:30 is as follows..

Time to complete one stint: 10 × 3.3 = 33 min

8.470000000000001 : 3.3 = 2.56666666667 miles/min

2.566666666666667 × 33 = 84.7 (miles/min) x (min/1) = miles/stint

So basically here are the side-by-sides

Miles for a set of tires in reality: 508.2 (for 5 stints at 3.24 avg lap time)
Miles for a set of tires in GT5: 84.7 (for 1 stint (because I can't get anything else out of them after 10 laps) at 3.3 avg lap)

Now, it should be also noted that the range for the R18 (on diesel) can do about 11 laps before bingo fuel. I'm not sure what it is on GT 6 as I haven't gotten the time to get enough credits, but if someone here can vouch for the amount of laps before it goes to reserves and what location around Le Mans (by description, picture, or location on track) that would be great. I am also unsure if you can choose to only get fuel. For my this should be implemented as such if I need a quick splash I can jump in and stay in the lead for a while to come back in latter. I have no idea why they can't just put a zero option for all 4 tires (which also means that I should be allowed to specifically choose which tire on which wheel on which axel).

It is absurd just looking at those numbers and think that this is a sim... I'm not a great driver when compared to Tom, Allan, or Andre, but I should be able to do more than 1 stint on a freaking set of tires...

Seems PD just keep making the same mistakes over and over again.
I had the same complaints about GT5

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-in-gt5-thats-its-unrealistic-pd-read.233805/

I'd say even doubled its not enough. Would be closer to 5x IMO

Even then they would need to reduce the point at which a permanent reduction in grip happens.

Last edited:
We're not, necessarily, but you made a statement about road tires and then used F1 (decidedly not road tires) as an example, which doesn't make sense.
No I made a statement about road cars & a statement about F1 cars as well to broaden the point which was that tyres will generally not last that long when the car they are on is being pushed hard.

does anyone know if your car deteriorates from online racing? Haven't had a chance to test it myself.
well I've done hours and hours of online racing in my kart haven't noticed anything. And I drive like a machine, I may not be fast but I'm consistent.:lol:

I grind Montegi Nascar for Credits (done around 350 miles there over the last 4 days) and my Chassis on my Nascar has gone as well. Not to the point my times are slower but annoying.The cheap chassis rigity does nothing to fix the wear, you have to spend the $500,000.

The one peeve I guess I have is that your maybe not rewarded enough for being FAST
ie. ( all golds on the licenses, all golds on Goodwood, etc.) If your fast you should get more money than a slow person who grinds. As it is I feel grinding is more efficient at earning credits than simply time trialing or racing skillfully which has been a thorn in the heel the GT series since inception.

PD should really consider dropping body restore pricing, this is making game overall rating drop to close zero.
Everything else on game are like a flagship should be, this is really big failure from companies like polyphony and Sony - game is losing all fun factor, and just become rich child's toy, I'm not rich, that's why racing on PS3, not PC or real car. Now PD thinks at they can milk money out from my pocket, not gonna happen, thinking to buy PC for gaming and getaway from these ridiculous micro transaction bullsheeps.

Seems PD just keep making the same mistakes over and over again.
I had the same complaints about GT5

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-in-gt5-thats-its-unrealistic-pd-read.233805/

I remember when spec 2 came out and I went from 2 laps in a gt500 that had zero wheel spin (which is bad enough already) to barely making it off of the Nord to pit. Then I said we really need the option to choose how fast we want them to degrade and I swear no one else ever said that other than me.

Now we just need an option to choose an endurance setting where the tires actually last more than 34 minutes. I really want to ask Kaz how long he could do a stint on his Gt3 GT-R in the race, and then ask him to drive the same as in Gran Turismo 5 or 6... Show him how fast tires are burned and ask him, "This is your game. Something you dreamed of a long time ago. It's almost like if you had a child. Now, do you want your child to live for hours, or just two laps around the Nord?" (Tires were obviously meant to relate for child)

It's is ridiculous, absurd, irrational, and almost quite frankly unconstitutional that we deal with this

I did a couple of races with my MR2 G Limited and I could feel the flex in the chassis on the flat straights of Motegi and knew there was something wrong with the car.
Sure enough the Service garage indicated chassis wear after only 350 miles or so.

That's far too few miles by a factor or say ten or even one hundred fold.

UPDATE :-

Well I did the restore rigidity on my Speed 8 for 500,000 credits and drove "Like The Wind" around Indy a total of 30x 5 Laps (about 375 miles in total :crazy:) without any major bumps, just the odd scrape here and there and went back to Pit Area and the rigidity wants restoring again.:grumpy: On a lighter note I got quite a few credits for the 2 hour grind 👍 :dunce:

Then I went on-line with a car and guess what? It puts miles on cars as does arcade mode as well. At this rate I am not going to be able to afford to play the game that I paid real money for.

I thought mechanical damage was meant to be off in GT mode? (that's if it is even classed as mechanical damage?)

I think the real Speed 8 lasts longer than just 350 miles. Imagine 4 hours in to Le Mans and then being forced to retire because of rapid body rigidity deterioration :crazy:

I am going to wait and see if PD patch this with their supposed January patch because I think it's a mistake on their part. It's more likely 3500 miles not just 350. If not then I won't be spending any more money with PD on any DLC or anything and will wait for the arrival of project cars or something and just play GT6 as an hot lapper like I ended up doing with GT5.

My faith in PD at this moment in time lies with their next big fix patch. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy GT6 but I'm not going to torture myself for 1-2 hours at a time just so I can drive 350 miles :irked:. That's ridiculous.

I just hope with PD's next game that they hire some Quality Control people to test things out before being released to the public. Stuff like this is going to hurt PD in the long run.

Please PD please fix this, I know you can....

At about 350 miles my MIRA top speed dropped by about 50 mph and continued to drop as I watched the speedo. I thought it was oil but it was body rigidity. Paid the credits and it was back up to speed.

I wonder if they switched the body rigidity time limit with oil change? Has anyone needed an oil change yet? I haven't.

Last edited:
Then I went on-line with a car and guess what? It puts miles on cars as does arcade mode as well. At this rate I am not going to be able to afford to play the game that I paid real money for.

Too expensive to drive virtual car, even driving real car comes cheaper, twice a month you can go and rent a track car and race for real on these prices what Polyphony Digital and Sony are now asking.
Crazy at first you pay few bucks for game/DLC car (that's fine for me), but when you want to use it you will pay much more, and every time you use it you'll pay more and more - that's not acceptable way.
Even AI is coded to ram your as$, and that costing also REAL MONEY or endless grinding.. BS

I am going to wait and see if PD patch this with their supposed January patch because I think it's a mistake on their part. It's more likely 3500 miles not just 350. If not then I won't be spending any more money with PD on any DLC or anything and will wait for the arrival of project cars or something and just play GT6 as an hot lapper like I ended up doing with GT5.

My faith in PD at this moment in time lies with their next big fix patch. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy GT6 but I'm not going to torture myself for 1-2 hours at a time just so I can drive 350 miles :irked:. That's ridiculous.

I just hope with PD's next game that they hire some Quality Control people to test things out before being released to the public. Stuff like this is going to hurt PD in the long run.

Please PD please fix this, I know you can....

Gonna start saving for PC, and then getting that pCARS on it.
Waiting few updates from PD, if not starting to fix this I really have let this title go, really can't afford it.

Back