Boffin's GT5 Gallery! Different name, same minimal updates...

• Thread starter Boffin
  • 95 comments
Dat tyre flex... :drool:

Work on it now! Sure, I use premium cars but I find standard ones are more juicy to work on. I'm not sure if I do much cleaning on the premium cars. I first tried the technique out on GT4, with an entry for a 2.0 competition. I think I won by a landslide 30-1 (1 being my vote). I managed to fish it out of the photoshop account:

Don't worry, I will be using it now. I've still got my GT4 gallery to maintain... ;)

Another 2.0 Entry. I perhaps should consider starting to think about assessing the possibilities of doing something more than update this with 2.0 stuff. Anyways.

2.0 Entry Wk 52

Would quite like people's thoughts on this. Much like Bella, there was a bit of cleaning up to do.
:)

Agreed, the colour of the car and the road just works for me. And works very well.

Thanks! I knew the Cosmo would be used once or twice in the comp so I wanted to use a different colour to set mine apart, and then by chance I found a matching piece of road and knew what had to be done. :P

Some more past entries from the 2.0 comps (with a new watermark!!! :D :P)

Seeing Double

Down

Good Karmann

Click for big.

Wow....not much activity in here. :/

Anywhooo - this is another shot I was playing with for Wk55 2.0 comp.

(Click for big)

Now finishing it, I am not sure if I made the right decision with the Karmann. Ahh well. It's all practice. :)

C&C WANTED...on everything...

I'd say that you made the right choice with the Karmann, seeing your position in the poll. But I think I prefer this one, but there's one thing bothering me. And that's how the add-on spoiler blends into the "dark" part under the row of seats. But the car it self looks better in this one than the Karmann. But both of them are almost equally good, so I don't think you suffered any major loss choosing one over the other.

Fantastic work on the RUF (and all the others for that matter). :bowdown:
It's really good to see someone who likes to spend the time on standards bringing them up to more a standard befitting of GT5. I love to do this too. 👍 :)

Thanks guys!

I have been trying for a while to improve with the car cleaning (lol you should have seen me in the GT4 days) so all the good words help me know I am headed in the right direction. 👍

WOW !
That's some serious clean up !
It looks fantastic, loved the colour selection.
The only negative thing that I could say about it is that spoiler.
Just my opinion :)

WOW !
That's some serious clean up !
It looks fantastic, loved the colour selection.
The only negative thing that I could say about it is that spoiler.
Just my opinion :)

Thanks! The lighting was something that took a while. The orange of the car wasn't working with much, but it really is a striking colour on the car in game. 👍
Lol.... a lot of people aren't a fan of the spoiler, but it isn't only a show car but actually one of my online warriors. Downforce a tweaked weight balance is kinda needed if my Ruf has a chance to compete. Gives people quite a suprise as the competition is usually in a Ferrari. It does better than people expect it to.

That RUF made my day.
Such a great looking photo/car

Haha if I make a pic that makes someone's day then I am happy. :)

Wow, what a fantastic picture. Where was this taken? Looks like a lovely photo spot.

Oh I see what you did there. :D

Great pic as always. Merry Christmas! 👍

:P

Thanks! Merry Christmas to you too! :)

SVX
Wow, what a fantastic picture. Where was this taken? Looks like a lovely photo spot.

Cheers! Its actually on a created track based at Liege. It is quite good for that sort of thing, I think I will be using it more. 👍

(Click for big)

All those hours.

All those hours spent trawling the classifieds to find her.
All those hours polishing and cleaning her.
All those hours thinking about her trapped in the garage in the week.
All those hours scratching your head, thinking how on earth you are going to pay the next insurance bill.
All those hours driving round the block, trying to figure out where and what that funny noise is coming from.
All those hours lying under her in your garage, pulling apart seemingly everything just to replace one lousy bolt.
All those hours keeping an eye on the engine temperature in traffic, begging she would keep going.
All those hours standing next to her, waiting for road-side assist.
All those hours copping flack from friends who don't understand.

All those hours amount to nothing when you and her are pelting through the countryside, down an empty road toward a neverending horizon.

All those hours count for nothing and time stands still.

Last edited:
I really like this one. Strong colours, good angle and I like your new signature, as well. The text underneath fits perfectly. :)

This, sir, is epic.
I mean, everything about it.
Even what's underneath the picture.
👍

Thanks! Some people had some good ways to rationalise their entries so I decided a poem was in order. :P

I really like this one. Strong colours, good angle and I like your new signature, as well. The text underneath fits perfectly. :)

Cheers! Glad you noticed the new watermark as I quite like it too. :)

Last edited:
Back