-------------------------------------------------------------------------
London

Liverpool

My Dad's bike.

Last image taken using a Canon 5D/24-105mm f4L. Bowens Gemini 500R strobe.​

Last edited:
Re-shot the bikes tonight as I needed to slightly adjust the exposure.

All taken using a Canon 5D/24-105mm F4L + Bowens Gemini 500R, not mine unfortunately. Borrowed from College. Never have I wanted a 5D and some L series glass more in my life!​

Last edited:
wow, first and second ones are stupid good, but the one that REALLY takes the cake is the first one of the Story Café, the one with the seats. That is awesome. If the exposition would have been longer and the image on the screen was moving it would have been even better!

All the first set are great, particularly like the natural History Museum one...very "Grand Central Station". I agree with Cano on the Story Cafe shot, where was it taken?

The bike shots are great and I'd say the first one is probably my favourite, do you think it's over exposed? BTW what's holding them upright??

Thanks for the comments!

wow, first and second ones are stupid good, but the one that REALLY takes the cake is the first one of the Story Café, the one with the seats. That is awesome. If the exposition would have been longer and the image on the screen was moving it would have been even better!

I like the idea, unfortunately I couldn't go any slower with it being a handheld shot.

All the first set are great, particularly like the natural History Museum one...very "Grand Central Station". I agree with Cano on the Story Cafe shot, where was it taken?

The bike shots are great and I'd say the first one is probably my favourite, do you think it's over exposed? BTW what's holding them upright??

I think the Story Cafe was in the A Foundation Gallery. Maybe your monitor is a bit bright, they should be exposed correctly. Although I have edited them for printing which could be why they appear bright on monitors. Flash is holding them up right ie. I got my dad to balance them as best as possible and then on the count of three let go and jump out the shot. Then watching him try and catch them again before they fell over was hilarious.

I think the remain part of one of Tom's kidneys is proof that that is not always the case :ouch:

Too soon? ;)

Nah, the doc's given me the all clear so you get away with that one :lol:

I think the Story Cafe was in the A Foundation Gallery.

You walked there as well!! They really showed you the best parts of town :lol: It looks worse than it is round there, it's mostly industrial so no gangs of 10 year olds giving you lip.

Maybe your monitor is a bit bright, they should be exposed correctly. Although I have edited them for printing which could be why they appear bright on monitors.

They all look fine, it was just your comment about taking them again to adjust the exposure made me think you were unhappy with the first one but I understand now.

Flash is holding them up right ie. I got my dad to balance them as best as possible and then on the count of three let go and jump out the shot. Then watching him try and catch them again before they fell over was hilarious.

The mystery is solved, I hope you videoed him doing that for future embarrassment :D

Nah, the doc's given me the all clear so you get away with that one :lol:

Good stuff 👍

They all look fine, it was just your comment about taking them again to adjust the exposure made me think you were unhappy with the first one but I understand now.

Ahhhh I understand. I did the reshoot because I wasn't happy with the exposure on the other bikes, I wanted them more like how I managed it with my dads.

Just a quick update I should of posted ages back, a couple of shots of my F1GTR UT Model I did for the competitions. I'm posting them now so they don't get mixed in with my next update.

Now for a real update from the Donington Historic Festival. Click any for higher-res.

The GT40 above really was the last photo of the day, I filled up two 4GB CF cards.​

Last edited:
Wow! Loving the C9 and the Silk Cut Jag but the last two shots take the cake :drool: I love the lighting and colours in them, the cars aren't too bad either :sly:

Great set 👍

Looking forward to seeing more :)

Excellent set Tom, really impressive. I agree the last two are stunning, was it a case of right place right time or did you plan to be there at sunset?

Great set Tom, really like all of them. Favourite has to be the GT40 shot that I commented on Flickr, seriously that lighting (planned to be there or not) is stunning. Composition of that one is really good too. 👍

Thanks for the kind words guys! The last few shots were planned, it's one of a few locations on the track you can shoot into the sunset. Kinda odd because most people were stood at a fence just to the right of me looking into the chicane, only me and some guy with a media vest (who totally stole my idea here) were shooting into the sun.

For the first time in ages I took my camera with me when out biking, these four are done using the Brenizer Method.

This I did ages back but I only posted it in the Premo section.

Good stuff, particularly like the 4th one. What's the Brenizer Method?

Thanks Neal 👍

The Brenizer method is just like a normal panorama however instead of everything being in focus you photograph the surrounding bokeh to produce an image with a really shallow depth of field, similar to that of a 4x5 or medium format camera. Omnis posted an instructional video ages back in this section somewhere, if I can find it I'll repost it in here as it's a lot easier to watch how it's done.

Generally about 16 - 20 small jpg's are used, manually control pretty much everything. You can use as many frames as you like though, just be aware that when you get up to 30 small jpg's at an average of 2.5mb the temporary working file photoshop produces is around 13GB.

I've just read up on the Brenizer Method, how the hell does that work with action shots?! Even more impressive now I know what's involved.

I've just read up on the Brenizer Method, how the hell does that work with action shots?! Even more impressive now I know what's involved.

In each photo the rider fills most of a single frame, then you just shoot the background/foreground once he's out the way.

Wow it's been some time since I updated this so I'm just going to dump everything I've done since the last time I posted.

These two were taken on holiday in Wales.

Next up was the Great Yorkshire Show, somehow I mostly took pictures of cars again :lol:

Then I got my DJ bike all summered up and looking tidy, though it was time for a decent photo of it.

In a slight lull I decided to re-vist some shots from the Donington Historic Festival.

My friend upgraded his bike after a while off due to a major operation, this was its first ride out.

Then off to a BMX race we went.

I was attending a charity bike ride around Donington Park the day before Gran Prix Masters and a few teams were preparing in the pitlane in the evening, I basically had the cars to myself and my camera.

British GT at Donington was my last race of the year, it rained heavy for most of the day which played havoc with my autofocus.

With summer coming to a close I decided to upgrade my trail ride before winter kicked in, I do more trail riding in winter anyway so it made sense to buy now.

....and finally out of boredom and being slightly ill I've decided to re-visit some more photos from the Donington Historic Festival, this time I want to expand on the series and produce several car crops from every event I attend in the future.

Back