Bonus Race 6 - Clubman Stage 5 - Suzuki Cappuccino

  • Thread starter Thread starter bicmedic
  • 75 comments
  • 11,760 views
Sorry to be the only one, but the Cappucino RM sucks. I saw that I could use the RM version, so I figured I'd do it. After I RM'd it, I left it stock, and finished 7th. What a waste of 100,000 Credits! I did not have fun driving it.

So then I got some nice and cheap upgrades for like 15,000 - 20,000 and crushed the event. I should have just applied the cheap upgrades to the non RM version.
 
Cappucino RM Party Pooper!
 
Cappucino RM Party Pooper!

Oops, sorry!

Honestly, I can't tell if this thread is serious or if it's a "I spent 100,000+ credits and got a crap car; hope to trick some unsuspecting fools" thread.
 
No because it is actually a cool little car...
 
6th stock
2nd with turbo stage 3 some 20sec behind

Going again with Sports Hard and intake exhaust, but I think it's not gonna be enough, not will all aids off at least. At the very least I think I'll need to buy FC suspension and tuning.

But this is one car I always loved, so I wont mind going all out on this one.

Lots of fun in this event!
 
Oops, sorry!

Honestly, I can't tell if this thread is serious or if it's a "I spent 100,000+ credits and got a crap car; hope to trick some unsuspecting fools" thread.

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm being serious, I love this little car.👍
 
Actually just won with that, leading from T2 on lap 4. Tires made a huge difference as usual.
 
Indeed a great little car, annyone tried the grand vally enduro with it yet? did it stand a chance?

I used it for that race. It's too fast if you are looking for a good tight race. I won by 2 laps. Only had to do one pit also.
 
discuss ideas on beating this race

Cars: 1995 Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R)
1995 Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) RM
Track: Clubman Stage Route 5
Laps: 5
Cr.: 150,000
Exp: 20,000
Total Time: 6:04
Average Lap: 1:12.8
 
Stock Cappuccino on Sports Softs



raVer
 
Tuned Cappu(max weight reduction, ~110bhp, fixed sport suspension) with Comfort Medium, passed the leader last lap before the last 2 corner...
 
Nice, I'm glad to hear its a fun car. I'm gonna buy one for the seasonals tomorrow
 
Added a low-range turbo to the usual inexpensive air-flow improvements and still couldn't beat the thing until I figured out that you absolutely, positively have to late-apex the last turn. You lose too much time otherwise. Oh, and don't hit anything, including other cars -- the Cappuccino doesn't have enough acceleration to make up for it when you have to break stride. The turbo helps in that regard, but not so much as to cover other errors. This one took me a few passes because I hadn't had much time on Clubman 5 previously to know the nuances of its line.
 
Last edited:
Honestly, I deterred from this car because of the name, lol. I just RM'ed one for the seasonal events and it is a sick little machine! Might be one of my favorites now. :)
 
I don't remember the tyres squealing or screeching once during the entire race. I know it's a low powered car but still, fantastic.
 
Allready had a fully tuned rm in the garage, so used that rather then by a new suzi. Ended up lapping most of the field
 
Stuck racing softs on it and an ECU upgrade (cos I kept getting overtaken on the straight) did 5 or 6 traces and kept getting closer each time until eventually took 1st place on third-last corner.
 
Maybe the least expensive method:

- Sports Hard
- Sports ECU, Racing Filter, Sports Catalytic Converter

Gives you about 76 bhp which is enough to not drop out of the slipstream of the other cars (which have about 85-90 bhp), and you can fly through the corners. Just make sure you can avoid the AI, because they are always in the way in the corners where you have to take as much speed as possible out of.

Gives you a win for under 25,000 Cr, including the car. 150,000 earned.
 
Maybe the least expensive method:

- Sports Hard
- Sports ECU, Racing Filter, Sports Catalytic Converter

Gives you about 76 bhp which is enough to not drop out of the slipstream of the other cars (which have about 85-90 bhp), and you can fly through the corners. Just make sure you can avoid the AI, because they are always in the way in the corners where you have to take as much speed as possible out of.

Gives you a win for under 25,000 Cr, including the car. 150,000 earned.

Sounds very balanced, and what I was looking for. To enjoy the car and squeeze the most out of it. 👍

I ended up with over 90bhp, which was slightly over kill with Sports Hard.
 
I already has one with RM so the SE was free money almost.
 
So how far do I need to downgrade my little 125 HP RM'd monster to make this a good race, or is it even possible? I can remove the turbo, right? If I remove everything removable, how low should I go with the tires?
 
Use the stock Comfort Medium. Mine was non-RM with ~115bhp and won at the 2nd to last turn.
 
Maybe the least expensive method:

- Sports Hard
- Sports ECU, Racing Filter, Sports Catalytic Converter

Gives you about 76 bhp which is enough to not drop out of the slipstream of the other cars (which have about 85-90 bhp), and you can fly through the corners. Just make sure you can avoid the AI, because they are always in the way in the corners where you have to take as much speed as possible out of.

Gives you a win for under 25,000 Cr, including the car. 150,000 earned.



The cheapest method is with Sports Soft.
Cost: 22,000 and a few Cr. ;)

raVer
 
The cheapest method is with Sports Soft.
Cost: 22,000 and a few Cr. ;)

raVer

Did you have to lift off once? :sly:
 
What Tyres and what else did you installl.
Not possible with the stock RM.

raVer

It is possible with the stock RM. I was only 1 second behind the leader with the stock RM (DS3 user). I probably could have done it if I kept trying but I was needing to go to sleep to go to work so I slapped on the next level of tyres and won it easily :)
 
It is possible with the stock RM. I was only 1 second behind the leader with the stock RM (DS3 user). I probably could have done it if I kept trying but I was needing to go to sleep to go to work so I slapped on the next level of tyres and won it easily :)

I didn´t said it is impossible to win the race with the Stock RM.
I mean it is impossible to do 1:03s.


raVer
 
The cheapest method is with Sports Soft.
Cost: 22,000 and a few Cr. ;)

raVer

Mine is still cheaper. SS are 2,000 Cr more than SH tires, but the three power enhancing upgrades are 1,950 Cr. :sly:
 
I won this challenge last night in a hilarious way. I had forgotten that I had changed my setup to manual transmission from the night before, so the entire race I did it in 3rd gear thinking I was driving in automatic transmission. It didn't even occur to me I was in manual since my speed was always in the zone of 3rd gear except when it topped out (which I figured was the limitation of the car). I only noticed when I went to the MX race that I needed to shift. lol
 
Back