BoP Update 1.09/1.10

• Thread starter Renrag39
  • 78 comments
The Megane, Scirocco and TT all lost power, so at least it will be closer. Other cars definitely got faster, so it's a move in the right direction. When I looked at the top 10 qualifiers, it wasn't filled with FF's (although maybe it changed since???) and I don't feel the need to avoid Gr. 4 races.

Keep in mind, the qualifying is just one hot lap and, maybe coincidentally, they selected the worst possible showcase for the new, so called, balance.

The top time is 1:28.0 the tenth time is 1:29.0. Top drivers, all out.

On map 3, in racing, I did a best of 1:31.8. The race's FL was 1:31.5.

I am lapping 3-4 seconds slower than the region's best, which is respectable normally, but for me to do it with the power turned down to save fuel makes me think the BoP is still not doing its job properly.

Sure, the Megane may not br the all out fastest car today, but it's still one of the best handling, fastest in a straight line, and apparently most efficient, while also being less abusive on its tires.

For just a LITTLE while, I would like to see the cars all set to 100/100 to see what REALLY needs nerfing.

Keep in mind, the qualifying is just one hot lap and, maybe coincidentally, they selected the worst possible showcase for the new, so called, balance.

The top time is 1:28.0 the tenth time is 1:29.0. Top drivers, all out.

On map 3, in racing, I did a best of 1:31.8. The race's FL was 1:31.5.

I am lapping 3-4 seconds slower than the region's best, which is respectable normally, but for me to do it with the power turned down to save fuel makes me think the BoP is still not doing its job properly.

Sure, the Megane may not br the all out fastest car today, but it's still one of the best handling, fastest in a straight line, and apparently most efficient, while also being less abusive on its tires.

For just a LITTLE while, I would like to see the cars all set to 100/100 to see what REALLY needs nerfing.
I doubt all the races are going to have fuel burn like this one, so we'll see what happens on speed alone. It does seem like fuel/tire economy will still be a strong point for the Megane, but overall lap times may not be. Brands might not be the best track for it either. Until more races paint a clearer picture, I'll just have to quietly judge all the people driving the FF's.:irked:

As far as setting every car to 100/100, those are artificial numbers anyway, so it might be fun for a trial, but doesn't really mean anything. With the BOP, I just want to have multiple cars able to compete. There might be a couple cars that have an advantage at certain tracks, but I don't want to avoid the Daily Race just because it's a Gr. 4 FF demolition derby.

I think the megane and scirocco have lost a lot of straight line speed.

I exclusively only drive the M4 (as I like pretending I'm a 90s btcc driver) and its a welcome surprise to not see them blasting past. I set a 1:29.3 on brands and this is the first time I've ever been anywhere near to the top 10.

I raced the the Manufacture’s event today in the M6 and it no longer drives like a pig. Corners so much better now. One of my favorites is back!

Unfortunately the Gr3 AMG doesn’t have it any more.

Anything in particular dominating in today's gr.3?
I'm at work and was wondering too for Tonight?

Anyone had a chance to ck out the BMW M3 since 1.10? Look's like it didn't take too much of a Hit and I Have felt competitive in it? I Have to pick a new Manufacturer tonight and was hoping to not have to pick the Porsche again?

Dern it, M6 I Meant,

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything in particular dominating in today's gr.3?

Yeh me :D

I'm so far into DR:A now, I don't think I'll go back. Running 991 short shifting and coasting without pitstop.
I kept starting 18th and finishing 8th. Then the game threw me a bone and put me in with a load of DR:B guys, I started 4th and won woopwoop.

Just now found this thread...I noticed something was very different with the Z4 and the RCZ as those cars are the 2 that I drive the most. After looking at those numbers, it's no wonder they feel different....especially for the RCZ with an 8% increase in weight....that's massive...why??

Edit: Unless it was missed by the OP, why is it that the Nissan GT-R Gr3 not in the list? Did they just skip it?

Last edited:
Just now found this thread...I noticed something was very different with the Z4 and the RCZ as those cars are the 2 that I drive the most. After looking at those numbers, it's no wonder they feel different....especially for the RCZ with an 8% increase in weight....that's massive...why??

Edit: Unless it was missed by the OP, why is it that the Nissan GT-R Gr3 not in the list? Did they just skip it?
The RCZ didn't need a nerf, it was the slowest FF car and now is worse.

From what I’ve observed in the recent Grp. 4 Daily Races, the post-1.10 BoP seems pretty good as far as ouright speed goes. I’m consistently qualifying within the top 4-5 with my Viper, as opposed to anywhere from 6-15th depending on how many Meganes/Sciroccos were on the grid pre-1.10.

The only issues I see now is what appears to be an advantage in fuel efficiency for the Megane (I’m still not absolutely sure on the other two turbo charged FF cars; the Scirroco and TT) and, to a lesser extent, tyres too but this seems dependent on the skill of the driver.

I don't have anything to add. I've seen the stats. Looks well considered on paper but how does it translate on track?

Gr.3 Class
・BMW M6 GT3 '16 [Power Ratio : 97% > 98%] [Weight Reduction Ratio: 101% > 102%]

So did this make the M6 faster or slower? Is the car used for the Nurburgring track experience event also affected by this change?

So did this make the M6 faster or slower? Is the car used for the Nurburgring track experience event also affected by this change?
Probably a bit faster since 1.05, but not due to power/weight settings.

Here are the numbers:

Car--Power(BHP)--Torque(kgfm)--Weight(kg)--Power/Weight--Max. Speed--Acceleration --Braking--Cornering--Stability

BMW Walkenhorst--567--74.2--1313--0.432--6.5--4.9--4.1--4.1--6.2 (BoP 1.05)

BMW Walkenhorst--572--74.9--1326--0.431--6.5--5.1--4.2--4.2--6.2 (BoP 1.10)

Last edited:
Probably a bit faster since 1.05, but not due to power/weight settings.

Here are the numbers:

Car--Power(BHP)--Torque(kgfm)--Weight(kg)--Power/Weight--Max. Speed--Acceleration --Braking--Cornering--Stability

BMW Walkenhorst--567--74.2--1313--0.432--6.5--4.9--4.1--4.1--6.2 (BoP 1.05)

BMW Walkenhorst--572--74.9--1326--0.431--6.5--5.1--4.2--4.2--6.2 (BoP 1.10)

Have you driven the M6 since the 1.10 BOP update?

I used to drive it before the 1.05 BOP, I thought it was good, at least good enough to be somewhat competitive. After 1.05, I stopped using it because it felt so slow and heavy compared to the other cars. I wonder if it feels any different after the 1.10 BOP update

I used to drive it before the 1.05 BOP, I thought it was good, at least good enough to be somewhat competitive. After 1.05, I stopped using it because it felt so slow and heavy compared to the other cars. I wonder if it feels any different after the 1.10 BOP update
It is very competitive now. Much more nimble.

I hardly drove it prior, so I've little to compare it to now.
I was mainly trying to show that very little has changed, but acceleration, braking, and handling have improved.

If you're interested in BoP numbers, here's a link to my spreadsheet with the latest values for V1.10
(l give up. Can't get it to work so l'll do it this way. Link at bottom of this post.)
http://community.eu.playstation.com...-3-Gr-4-BoP-value-tables/m-p/25458028#M168846

Last edited:
I think tire wear is necessary for Gr4 balance. I'm still 1 second faster in the Peugeot RCZ than any other car I've tried, but after 4 laps in the Yamagiwa+Miyabi daily (6x tire wear), I was 1 second lower than other cars.

Seems like in Gr3 the 911 is dominating and Suzuka is proving that. I did time trials with as many Gt3 cars as I have and the 911 comes out on top, the Viper comes pretty close as does the Genesis but can't match the 911 times. The RCZ drives very identical to the 911 but doesn't have the speed. The worst car on Suzuka so far for me is the McLaren, used to like driving it before 1.10 but now the McLaren feels heavy and fights against me when turning corners (which is unusual on a MR car)- it's almost as if I'm driving a 1980's Corvette on a race track. And the almighty M6 isn't that great on Suzuka either, it doesn't like to respond through fast corners.

Regarding Gr4, seems people are still attached to their FF's, Interlagos yesterday was loaded with them but there were some other cars that did better than the FF's did. The poor RCZ Gr4 was the slowest FF before the patch, they made it even worse now.

Back