BoP Update 30/5/18 Update 1.19

I was hoping for a serious shake up, especially in GT3. I want to see big bumps to cars you hardly ever see winning like the Lamborghini, Audi, Ferrari etc.

Hooray , R8 LMS got 1% power at least it feel more respond . RC F is already quicker than Merc wonder why their nerf Mercedes. Man@ i hope R8 LMS got 2% power or +1 -1 power/Weight instead.
Reason is why there nerf 911 RSR is probably tire wear but i wonder why their not adjust 911 RSR tire wear but it power.

TT cup are quite hard to get power around corners it just keep understeer compare to RWD and in the end it become slower around straight , TT cup is very easy to drive tho just try to put power around corners is just difficult had to practice so many lap and many line.

Wonder why nerf FT-1 VGt instead of Supra .

Good to drove R18 TDI around La Sarthe since it not as competitive around other track against Porsche 919
Group C vs LMP1... Man why you want to torture yourself, LMP1 "easy" MODE
Hope their got seperate group later on and seperate current LMP1 with older generation LM Prototype.

Lexus RC F still kick ass

still no **** for 650S GT3

・Renault Sport Mégane Trophy '11 [Power Ratio : 87%] [Weight Reduction Ratio : 111%]

If it needs that much nerfing to be in GR4 why not make it GR3?
Because we want people to stop dive-bombing with the old Gr. 4 FF Megane. I definitely see your point though, it is kind of overkill for Gr. 4.

This with the RS01 would be a good combination for the FIA Manufacturer series (as long as there isn't a Suzuka Gr. 3 race, because that hairpin in the RS01 is sketchy.)

I did some Gr4 Sport mode races yesterday on Mount Panorama hoping the BoP would have solved the Renault issues but unfortunately each and every race is still a mess caused mostly by Renaults dive bombing or just under-steering others off track!

I was avoiding the Gr4 races (one of my favorite classes) for a couple of months now because of the Renaults, the only thing the latest update did was adding another Renault model to avoid getting close to. I really gave it a fair try but after about 8 races I gave up. On the last attempt I noticed the biggest flaw: my exit speed out of turn 1 was (much) better then the Renault in front of me, for a second or two the gap decreased, giving me hope to be well in front of him before reaching the braking zone for turn 2, but even while driving in his slipstream he just pulled away, well, not just pulled away, he was getting away from me fast, I would expect a Ferrari to be able to at least keep up with a Megane in a drag race.
The good thing about the poor race results is that I needed to drop my DR back to C, because of the Clio one make races earlier this week I got up to mid B in two days, earning the pole position and races won bonuses.

So, for me the Gr4 races are going to be ignored again, at least until I see a weight or power adjustment on the Meganes, or even better, the complete removal of the Renault Gr4 FF Megane.

I did some Gr4 Sport mode races yesterday on Mount Panorama hoping the BoP would have solved the Renault issues but unfortunately each and every race is still a mess caused mostly by Renaults dive bombing or just under-steering others off track!

I was avoiding the Gr4 races (one of my favorite classes) for a couple of months now because of the Renaults, the only thing the latest update did was adding another Renault model to avoid getting close to. I really gave it a fair try but after about 8 races I gave up. On the last attempt I noticed the biggest flaw: my exit speed out of turn 1 was (much) better then the Renault in front of me, for a second or two the gap decreased, giving me hope to be well in front of him before reaching the braking zone for turn 2, but even while driving in his slipstream he just pulled away, well, not just pulled away, he was getting away from me fast, I would expect a Ferrari to be able to at least keep up with a Megane in a drag race.
The good thing about the poor race results is that I needed to drop my DR back to C, because of the Clio one make races earlier this week I got up to mid B in two days, earning the pole position and races won bonuses.

So, for me the Gr4 races are going to be ignored again, at least until I see a weight or power adjustment on the Meganes, or even better, the complete removal of the Renault Gr4 FF Megane.
I think the problem with the Megane Gr.4 is that it's really , like really light compared to the rest of the cars , so even with less horsepower they still can get away on straights from almost everything. If they don't increase the weight on this little bastard then Gr.4 is a no-no for me

I think the problem with the Megane Gr.4 is that it's really , like really light compared to the rest of the cars , so even with less horsepower they still can get away on straights from almost everything. If they don't increase the weight on this little bastard then Gr.4 is a no-no for me

Tbh the Megane is nowhere near as popular as it was in the first couple months of the game, the 4WD cars are META in almost every track because of how easy it is to be consistent (maybe not in the qualifying leaderboards but in gr.4 dailies at least half of the field is always in a 4wd car)
Yeah the Megane might be good on Bathurst and a couple other tracks but it’s not a must-use car...
I’m yet to see where the Trophy model places itself though, and it looks incredibly easy to drive without the understeering pain of the FF

Tbh the Megane is nowhere near as popular as it was in the first couple months of the game, the 4WD cars are META in almost every track because of how easy it is to be consistent (maybe not in the qualifying leaderboards but in gr.4 dailies at least half of the field is always in a 4wd car)
Yeah the Megane might be good on Bathurst and a couple other tracks but it’s not a must-use car...
I’m yet to see where the Trophy model places itself though, and it looks incredibly easy to drive without the understeering pain of the FF

So what you are saying is that it was just bad luck having all the Meganes in the Bathurst races? If that's the case then I might try the next Gr4 race after all.

I decided yesterday to hotlap some different Gr4 cars for that race to see what's what. Going through all the available cars I accidentally picked the Meganes too but decided to give them a go. The FF version gave me a personal record time which I just couldn't get close to in any other car. So now I had a qualifying time that put me somewhere between P5 and P11 with a race pace of around 2 seconds a lap slower. Whoopsy!!! The funny thing is that in last couple of races I managed to get a lot closer to that qualifying time, but while driving the Ferrari! So the good thing is that I really improved my Bathurst skills!

EDIT:
Speaking of skills: mine are a long way from being perfect on Bathurst. Earlier this week I raced the Clio one make races a lot with qualifying times less then half a second from the top players, but now on Bathurst my personal best is a 2:14:9xx in the Ferrari, when I started the top 10 players times were around 2:11:xxx and later I think they were 2:09:xxx or something, meaning I am almost 6 seconds slower. I'm used to not reaching the top ten but usually my times are a few seconds slower, not 6 or 7. Maybe I'm not searching with the correct search terms but are there threads for people to give tips on certain tracks. Track experience in offline mode does not learn me enough to get close to the times people drove yesterday.

Last edited:
So what you are saying is that it was just bad luck having all the Meganes in the Bathurst races? If that's the case then I might try the next Gr4 race after all.

I didn’t race yesterday, but Bathurst is probably the only track where the Megane FF is still the dominant car.
In most tracks you’re gonna find a lot more variety (except at Monza, that’s a Veyron one make, and Brands Hatch which is 4C territory)

Has anyone driven the RCZ after this update? Did it get any better? It use to feel so heavy and slow after it got nerfed.

I like that the Mazda got an increase. I like the car a lot because I drive one in real life plus the Gr3 design is sooo cool. That said, how does it handle now?

Sorry, I know I could just go try them but I haven't played in almost a month now because....well life :lol:

Last edited:
Is there a place that lists the actual numbers? I'd like to have a list of all the HP/weight figures of Gr. 3 and Gr. 4 only as a quick reference for cars to choose. If no one does I'll write one out myself. I did that for every race car in GT6 along with their downforce figures, from highest PP to lowest.

YES!! My beloved Cayman finally got a power increase. I'm to excited to try it out tonight in the daily B :gtpflag::gtpflag:

I played with it last night. On Tsukuba I never had to drop down to 1st gear which made hairpins way easier. The throttle progression at the bottom of 2nd gear appears to be faster and stronger now.

I played with it last night. On Tsukuba I never had to drop down to 1st gear which made hairpins way easier. The throttle progression at the bottom of 2nd gear appears to be faster and stronger now.
Awesome. I can't wait to try it out this evening in Sport mode

Has anyone driven the RCZ after this update? Did it get any better? It use to feel so heavy and slow after it got nerfed.

I like that the Mazda got an increase. I like the car a lot because I drive one in real life plus the Gr3 design is sooo cool. That said, how does it handle now?

Sorry, I know I could just go try them but I haven't played in almost a month now because....well life :lol:

Mazda drives okay, usual understeer but no more oversteer than usual. In the right hands think it will be pretty quick!

Back