Borderlands 3

• Thread starter MeanElf
  • 212 comments
I still play.
I go back and farm up again after hitting new cap.
:banghead:

Yeah it is a pain. There is a really good power leveling farm you can do with the scraptraps in the Compactor. I probably will do the DLC on my normal playthrough on Zane and Amara so i can use that to get to 57. Then i can use the TVHM playthrough to enjoy the DLC's and get the good quest rewards at lvl 57. Schoville, Rico, Etc.

The new DLC is great and it's been good to get back into the game after so long. The level itself reminds me of the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned from the original Borderlands in a lot of ways. Good memories.

The mini-events they're planning on doing over the next few weeks are definitely keeping me interested. The extra loot drops in co-op play for the month is cool, but having a whole week to try out all the epic weapons was outright amazing. I think my group spent more time trading guns with each other than we did making progress, just to laugh at how crazy these things are.

Been working on my FL4K and i have close to the perfect build. Rakk Attack Crit build with a god roll Stackbot class mod with (+28Weapon Damage/+21Crit Damage/26 Mag) My Shields and Grenades have ASE anointments and im im using the Pearl of ineffable knowledge.

Using mainly the Maggie, Garcia/Stagecoach, Boom Sickle, Clairvoyance.

It destroys Mayhem 4 so much. I just need a better Pearl with mag size and fire rate and it would be literally perfect.

So if you like LOOT-SPLOSIONS (and really, who doesn't), this week's event greatly increases the chance of loot monsters appearing and the amount of orange items they carry. It's actually rather crazy at the moment, I was helping a friend get through Jakobs Manor this afternoon and just about every enemy encounter had two Loot Tinks loaded down with a ridiculous amount of good stuff.

All told I made close to a half million bucks just from selling all the stuff I didn't want and grabbing giant piles of cash, and added another dozen or so new toys to the collection along with an orange tier weapon skin. And that's just one trip through an area that's averaged at level 25.

So if you like LOOT-SPLOSIONS (and really, who doesn't), this week's event greatly increases the chance of loot monsters appearing and the amount of orange items they carry. It's actually rather crazy at the moment, I was helping a friend get through Jakobs Manor this afternoon and just about every enemy encounter had two Loot Tinks loaded down with a ridiculous amount of good stuff.

All told I made close to a half million bucks just from selling all the stuff I didn't want and grabbing giant piles of cash, and added another dozen or so new toys to the collection along with an orange tier weapon skin. And that's just one trip through an area that's averaged at level 25.

When i was doing some farming on The Anvil and Lectra City i came across loads too. Doesnt seem to working in DLC 2. There are Loot Skrit's that come out of chests but they dont seem to spawn naturally. Havnt tried DLC1 yet. Anywhere on Eden-6 and The Droughts on Pandora are the best places for them though apparently. Dont forget to look out for Chubby versions of Rakk and Scags too, They are the +loot version of those creatures and are spawning a lot also

Looks like a new seasonal event along with Mayhem 2.0 coming Friday.
Mayhem 2.0 looks like it's Overpower levels from 2.

No more going to the hub to change mayhem.

Looks like a new seasonal event along with Mayhem 2.0 coming Friday.
Mayhem 2.0 looks like it's Overpower levels from 2.

No more going to the hub to change mayhem.

I was worried it was going to be like OP levels but from a table they released hoping that wasnt the case. OP levels was just incremental damage increases. I hope this isnt just that.

Mayhem Level Modifier 1 Modifier 2 Modifier 3 Modifier 4
1 EASY
2 EASY MEDIUM
3 EASY MEDIUM MEDIUM
4 EASY HARD
5 EASY MEDIUM HARD
6 EASY MEDIUM MEDIUM HARD
7 EASY HARD HARD
8 EASY VERY HARD
9 EASY MEDIUM VERY HARD
10 EASY MEDIUM HARD VERY HARD

Im hoping top level gear will be scaled accordingly, I have a perfect Zane build that makes Mayhem 4 a breeze so im hoping i wont have to start at the bottom at Mayhem 1

I've been playing this for a little while now offline but not taken parts in any of the events but I hear there is a new Legendary Q-System being added from the start of this event and I like the Q-System weapons so I shall be participating to get one for my character.

I only play as Amara because she's my favourite, my progress is pretty slow though since I am also juggling Final Fantasy VII Remake and my time I spend grinding GT Sport but really starting to enjoy the game and style, it convinced me to buy the earlier games as well so I will play those after I finish 3.

Im hoping top level gear will be scaled accordingly, I have a perfect Zane build that makes Mayhem 4 a breeze so im hoping i wont have to start at the bottom at Mayhem 1

I just had thought.
Mayhem 1 start through the teirs.
Then level increase.
Then repeat.
:lol:

I just had thought.
Mayhem 1 start through the teirs.
Then level increase.
Then repeat.
:lol:

Haha i was worried about that too, Thankfully its nothing like OP levels. I easily went straight to mayhem 10 and could still kill Graveward and Farmed Katagawa JR to get a good Sandhawk sniper with my pre Mayhem 2.0 Zane.

So i have a question as been 'farming' Revenge of the Cartels event whilst finishing the main story which i completed yesterday.

My question is what is the best approach/tips for completing the event objective Kill 'Fish Slap' with a melee attack. I've been trying to weaken him
down with my weapons but then use R3 melee to finish the kill but not having much success.

Any particular weapon I should try or just a case of keeping trying to get the melee timing right?

Any particular weapon
Fish Slap's fish grenade? It does melee damage.

Then there's Face-Puncher shotgun which also deals melee damage, but i'm unsure whether it count as melee kill or not.

Fish Slap grenade + Melee life steal artifact is pretty ok combo... At least for Moze with shield healing class mod.

Last edited:
Fish Slap's fish grenade? It does melee damage.

Ah thank you!

I haven't had that one drop for me yet but I will give that a go as soon as I get one! Still a lot of time left on the event to complete
that event objective.

So i have a question as been 'farming' Revenge of the Cartels event whilst finishing the main story which i completed yesterday.

My question is what is the best approach/tips for completing the event objective Kill 'Fish Slap' with a melee attack. I've been trying to weaken him
down with my weapons but then use R3 melee to finish the kill but not having much success.

Any particular weapon I should try or just a case of keeping trying to get the melee timing right?
I recommend the Face Puncher shotgun, since its projectiles deal melee damage. If you don't have one, Handsome Jackie on Skywell-27 drops it.

I recommend the Face Puncher shotgun, since its projectiles deal melee damage. If you don't have one, Handsome Jackie on Skywell-27 drops it.

OK! I will have a look, looks like I will have to pay Handsome Jackie a visit for this shotgun then, I got the Fish Slap grenade yesterday as well so hopefully will get that complete soon.

So...
Um...
Who wants to farm more legendary weapons again? @MILO

Newest hotfix has this in it.
"Addressed a bug with Mayhem Mode that led to lower than intended drop rates for all Mayhem levels."

Meaning that Legendary at Mayhem level10 may not be a level10 :lol: :banghead:

So I guess once again I will go farm. Just to see if my weapons are indeed the level I was on or not.

So...
Um...
Who wants to farm more legendary weapons again? @MILO

Newest hotfix has this in it.
"Addressed a bug with Mayhem Mode that led to lower than intended drop rates for all Mayhem levels."

Meaning that Legendary at Mayhem level10 may not be a level10 :lol: :banghead:

So I guess once again I will go farm. Just to see if my weapons are indeed the level I was on or not.

Sadly with the Mayhem 10 update i lost intrest pretty quick. I loved where the game was before hand pre Mayhem 2.0. Mayhem 10 weapons dont seem balanced to use on M10 so it means only a few weapons are viable and the majority feel useless. A real shame as after the 2 DLCs i was really happy with the feel of the game and couldnt wait for Mayhem 2.0 and the future DLCs. If they fix the balance on Mayhem 10 i would happily get back into the game.

Well I've completed the Revenge of the Cartels event with all 18 unlocks, the last one was the puzzle which took me an age to figure out but finally got it yesterday.

On the subject of Mayhem gear and levels I am now finally looking at actually making a build for my Siren but since I don't plan to be playing on Mayhem level except with friends should I still go for trying to get mayhem level gear or just get the regular gear when I have Mayhem turned off?

Also I heard they are planning to update so we can see what level of Mayhem gear we are holding, any indications if this will be in a hotfix or next actual game update?

New update and I can't seem to play. :lol:
Oh well.
I will try to keep sane and hopefully the PS5 can come soon so I can play again.

The new update has been good so far, only played a bit but now my iron bear(moze) can actually kill stuff on mayhem mode. Lots of buffs for guns too and vending machines give out loot for mayhem level you are playing on. Gearbox seemed to have do a better job with this patch than the first phase of fixing mayhem 2.0

The new update has been good so far, only played a bit but now my iron bear(moze) can actually kill stuff on mayhem mode. Lots of buffs for guns too and vending machines give out loot for mayhem level you are playing on. Gearbox seemed to have do a better job with this patch than the first phase of fixing mayhem 2.0

Good to hear! 👍

I really struggled with the mayhem settings as they were prior to this update DLC and had to rely on friends getting me the Lvl 10 stuff I needed but it sounds much better now although I will not be able to check out the DLC until the weekend and I still have to play the first DLC.

Good they fixed the loot scaling for the chests and vending machines, not sure why that took so long to fix but means I might actually get some stuff that way!

Good to hear! 👍

I really struggled with the mayhem settings as they were prior to this update DLC and had to rely on friends getting me the Lvl 10 stuff I needed but it sounds much better now although I will not be able to check out the DLC until the weekend and I still have to play the first DLC.

Good they fixed the loot scaling for the chests and vending machines, not sure why that took so long to fix but means I might actually get some stuff that way!
It scales the golden chest as well so if you have some keys you could set it to mayhem 10 and might get lucky with a legendary. I have a good way to get high level gear but it's a bit cheap. You can run through an area on a low mayhem level (even 1) then once you get to the save point outside the boss you want to fight, Turn up the mayhem level to something higher. With the scaling of iron bear (will probably work with the other VH too)you can jump in and use that to kill the boss getting the high mayhem level gear that the boss drops.

It scales the golden chest as well so if you have some keys you could set it to mayhem 10 and might get lucky with a legendary. I have a good way to get high level gear but it's a bit cheap. You can run through an area on a low mayhem level (even 1) then once you get to the save point outside the boss you want to fight, Turn up the mayhem level to something higher. With the scaling of iron bear (will probably work with the other VH too)you can jump in and use that to kill the boss getting the high mayhem level gear that the boss drops.

I haven't actually got access to the golden chest, I presume that's the locked one in Sanctuary? I've only completed the base play through and not done the game in true "vault hunter" mode yet but I'll keep that tip in mind, am going to have to get back to the game soon but ended up distracting myself on other things!

I haven't actually got access to the golden chest, I presume that's the locked one in Sanctuary? I've only completed the base play through and not done the game in true "vault hunter" mode yet but I'll keep that tip in mind, am going to have to get back to the game soon but ended up distracting myself on other things!
You don't have to be a certain level or anything to get golden keys, they are handed out via gearbox and randy Pitchford on twitter.

you need a shift account and the codes can be entered in game at the menus or on this website.
https://shift.gearboxsoftware.com/account

but it's easier to look for working keys by searching for borderlands 3 shift codes.
https://www.ign.com/wikis/borderlands-3/Shift_Codes

You don't have to be a certain level or anything to get golden keys, they are handed out via gearbox and randy Pitchford on twitter.

you need a shift account and the codes can be entered in game at the menus or on this website.
https://shift.gearboxsoftware.com/account

but it's easier to look for working keys by searching for borderlands 3 shift codes.
https://www.ign.com/wikis/borderlands-3/Shift_Codes

Thanks! I don't have a twitter account so I guess I will go with the Shift Account, was going to register one anyway so will do that now!

Apologies for double post! Season 2 pass is up for Borderlands 3 along with you can now purchase Next Gen editions of the game on the PSN Store and presume same for other formats.

Free update to next gen once the respective console is available.

I am posting this as a PSA announcement but you do NOT need to purchase the second Season pass to get the final form character packs for the game as if you have purchased Season Pass 1 that content should now be available in your game!

Anyone planning to return to Pandora on next gen version of the game? I am curious to see what additional trophies there will be and how the transfer will work with regard to trophies already earnt on the current version of the game.

Last edited:
Returning to this thread after so long is strange...interesting also to see that Moze was in the tech demo.

Did anyone start a photo mode thread for this fine game? I did a search and saw nothing.

Did anyone start a photo mode thread for this fine game? I did a search and saw nothing.
Lively here, isn't it? :)

Attachments

• Borderlands® 3_20200915014930[1].jpg
    Borderlands® 3_20200915014930[1].jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 8
Back