Borderlands 3

• Thread starter MeanElf
  • 212 comments
Level 34 and had my first BS crash going into the Devils.
Some of the side missions good grief. Jump here, go there, jump there if you miss start over. :crazy:

Level 34 and had my first BS crash going into the Devils.
Some of the side missions good grief. Jump here, go there, jump there if you miss start over. :crazy:

A game crash? i havnt experienced hardly any glitches or performance issues at all in an embarrassing amount of playtime. The odd framedrop or two but considering the problems people reported at launch, i personally have been happy with performance on the regular PS4.

I havnt really done many side missions, Im waiting until i have all my characters set up so i can enjoy them

A game crash? i havnt experienced hardly any glitches or performance issues at all in an embarrassing amount of playtime. The odd framedrop or two but considering the problems people reported at launch, i personally have been happy with performance on the regular PS4.

Yes I had my first game crash on a normal PS4 gave me the Blue Screen.
Lucky enough it wasn't like a corrupting save.
I should maybe be close to finishing Wednesday and then the fun part of doing all the collectables and crew before going into the 2nd playthrough.

I'm finding myself playing BL3 enough that it is in my dreams at night.

Playing on regular PS4 too and it's hung for a split second opening a menu and that's about it. Apparently the problems are way worse with the enhanced consoles.

I havnt really done many side missions, Im waiting until i have all my characters set up so i can enjoy them

I have had a few game crashes.
But my GPU has a overclock on it, might need to tone down the overclock a tad.

Says I have completed 57/95 missions.
I am still plugging along with them and side missions but still having that many even with Circle and Trials just don't seem to add up to the rest.
Hoping to get more done on Wednesday then again this weekend.

Says I have completed 57/95 missions.
I am still plugging along with them and side missions but still having that many even with Circle and Trials just don't seem to add up to the rest.
Hoping to get more done on Wednesday then again this weekend.

Some say their are a few bounty missions that are given randomly.
On Sanctuary III there is a wall to the left before the stairs to ellie that gets a bounty poster after a while, but it has no hologram.

Some say their are a few bounty missions that are given randomly.
On Sanctuary III there is a wall to the left before the stairs to ellie that gets a bounty poster after a while, but it has no hologram.

The randomly spawning kill requests from Sanctuary’s notice board are not required for the trophy so they can be skipped.

That still leaves like a lot of missions that still need to be completed.

The randomly spawning kill requests from Sanctuary’s notice board are not required for the trophy so they can be skipped.

That still leaves like a lot of missions that still need to be completed.
Also seems that "Red Chests" are needed for area completion.

Love these easter eggs
I knew what the gun did just by the name(ASMD(Which means something which I wont repeat))
Screenshot00000.png

Thus I knew how to use it.
Fire Energy Orb
Screenshot 2019-10-01 11.16.12.png

Detonate Energy Orb with Energy Beam.
Screenshot 2019-10-01 11.16.27.png

No worries, I googled and got a list of 14 results including that one, none of which I think you meant. My curiosity has now faded anyway. I can only think there are a lot of organisations out there unwittingly named after abbreviations of various sex acts. I laugh when I visit the "ATM" sometimes.

Also BL3 crashed twice more in different places last night, always when about to load a new section then blue screen. Luckily there are checkpoints everywhere.

Hoping to maybe finish off some more of this and maybe more of the side missions too.
Level 36 right now still on playthrough one.

I am around 40 hours in, level 42 and (according to my brother) still a ways from the end of the game. I like to take my time and complete as much as I can, but damn I do feel like I got my monies worth from the game. Love it.

If people are taking advantage of the "boss week" event and trying to farm for the Legendary class mods try The Graveward. It seems that his and Pain and Terrors loot pools have been switched.

Level 39 with 28 hours into it.

Found one of the slaughter domes by accident.
Just still plugging away on the first playthrough and then go back and collect everything so that playthrough 2 or whatever would be straight through.

New Hotfix coming in today.

Notes as followed

First up are the patch notes:

Stability
  • Addressed a reported issue where an infinite loop could occur when hitting the Guardian Rank experience ceiling
General Fixes and Improvements
  • The Hollow Point Guardian Rank skill no longer damages allies
  • Hollow Point Guardian Rank skill has been re-enabled
  • Addressed a reported issue where some players were unable to unlock the Ultimate Vault Hunter achievement on Xbox
  • Addressed a reported issue where mouse functionality may have been lost when hot joining a friend’s session on PC
  • Addressed a reported issue where some players’ inventory would not be saved in their bank
This week’s Borderlands 3 hotfixes, which will be live on all platforms by or before 3:00 PM PDT today, contain some player character balance changes and address some player reported concerns regarding enemy behavior.

Our goal is to make sure all three Action Skills for each Vault Hunter are viable, but we have noticed some skills have been outperforming others. To encourage more build diversity, we made some adjustments to FL4K and Moze this week.

We also looked at a few boss fights and made balance changes to make their combats more enjoyable. Finally, we went over some enemy behaviors that could have affected mission progression and adjusted some attacks to happen with more frequency.

Vault Hunter Adjustments
FL4K

Rakk Attack! is great for constant damage output, especially when paired with Anointed gear. The base skill still seems to be lacking, so Rakk Attack! now has a guaranteed status effect on any enemy that it damages. Leave No Trace was returning much more ammo than intended, and we have added a re-trigger delay to keep its ammo return within expectation. Barbaric Yawp has an increased bonus, as we didn’t feel that the amount of investment had an equal payoff. In addition, we felt that FL4K’s pets were demanding too much attention, which was interfering with players trying to stand still for any length of time, so we disabled the ability for them to move you around.

• Rakk Attack! status effect chance as been increased to 100%.
  • Leave No Trace now has a re-trigger delay of 2 seconds
  • Barbaric Yawp stat bonus increased by 100%
  • Pets no longer push around player characters
  • “Touch Pet” prompt is now a lower priority and should no longer interfere with looting or vending machines
Moze

Infinite Grenades is not an intentional build for Moze—even if it is hilarious. To lower the power (and spam) of this build, a re-trigger delay has been added to the grenade portion of Means of Destruction.

• Means of Destruction now has a re-trigger delay of 2 seconds
Miscellaneous Changes
  • Adjusted the balance of Gigamind, Katagawa Ball, and Billy the Anointed
These three boss fights had concerns with their health and shields that made their combat loops more difficult than we intended. Gigamind had a little too much health, so that was reduced slightly. Katagawa Ball will no longer regenerate its shields; we found that while players contended with the adds during the fight, it would unfairly regenerate its shield, negating the players’ progress. Finally, Billy had 25% of his health removed; we agree that this fight often dragged on needlessly. We will be monitoring each of these bosses and may make further adjustments in the future.

• Bloated Rakks no longer spawn so many Rakklesnakes
This change should make the Cistern of Slaughter in particular much more fun.

• Adjusted the cooldown values when they are displayed for Zane’s skills
  • Amara’s Glamour will now turn enemies on each other, as described in the Action Skill
  • Modified the loot spawn for Sera of Supremacy
  • Spiderant Emperors occasionally wouldn’t drill back out of the ground, which created a potential progression blocker in the Proving Ground of Survival; we have adjusted this and the issue has been addressed
  • Resolved an issue that could have prevented enemies from spawning while in Devil’s Razor
  • Lavender Crawly’s physics were adjusted to prevent them exiting the world like a popped balloon
  • Further safe guarded Apollo from being launched out of world as well
  • The Rampager will no longer enter an idle at state at inappropriate times
  • Saurian Slingers attacks were addressed
  • Guardians now use all their attacks in Playthrough 2
  • Guardian Wraiths now reliably use all their ranged attacks
  • NPCs in the Slaughter maps were reported to sometimes attempt to automatically revive players in the arena. Going forward they will no longer attempt to revive players
  • Minimized the glow effect when opening Eridian ammo chests, can more easily see the ammo inside when opened

The times I got those crash windows it was not on any colored screen.
Game just went to desktop.

Could be playing on PS4 which is a blue screen with a Send bug/crash.

Edit:

Some people have said that due to the recent drop in Legendary gear along side with the current event makes it the same.
Which makes going outside of your way to farm items are not worth it.
Small number of Graveyard runs gave legendary items 4 of 10 times, (40%) for 40 minutes of actual play.
Can get the same if not more in normal play.

Last edited:
I completed the main story last night and currently doing some side missions here and there.

Gotta admit the ending was disappointing a little. It is sad they killed off Lilith, but her sacrifice was so… well poorly executed? Just felt a little like they wanted a dramatic, sad end to the series by killing off another original Vault Hunter but the whole ending felt sudden and rushed (not to mention the awful credits music, but that’s personal taste). It is Borderlands, so I wasn’t expecting top notch writing and all that, but still ended feeling like “oh, that was it?” Maybe it’s open ended for a 4th game. Killing off Maya and Lilith opens Eva to be the next main Siren with Tannis I suppose.

I recall the original Borderlands, you finally find the vault and have no idea what’s in it, only to find a massive Destroyer which took forever to kill and then the friggin amazing credits roll to the song No Heaven. Classic and memorable and left me sitting there in amazement. That was 10 years ago, though!

I should be able to finish the story and side missions maybe today, if not for sure tomorrow.
Level 41 on Playthrough 1.
Almost makes you think that it's possible to hit level 50 in 1 playthrough too.

Edit: Level 44 right now on the final mission.
With a few smaller side quests to still do too.

I can easily see someone making it to level 50 on one playthrough with all the extras.

Edit 2.
Just finished up the story.
Got like 5 side missions to go then I will have those done.
Then off to do the challenges and get those done too.

Edit3: Circle of Slaughter is a pain.
You have to do all waves in one go.
Can't leave or save/quit.
So I went and did eridian writing trophy instead.

Last edited:
Grinding through my FL4K character. I wish i could turn mayhem on from the start to make the second characters normal playthrough more intresting. When i get my FL4K to LvL 50 i will go back to my Moze and enjoy all the side missions and do all the trophies and challenges.

I have already made my Amara and Zane characters and got them to Sanctuary so they can act as extra storage. Will be a while until they are usable though as it takes so long to grind through the normal story. I already have the gear ready for their respective builds. Just need to grind them through the normal playthrough.

Last edited:
I managed to get a few trophies but so far that side mission trophy with CoS is going to be the hardest.

Did one and now I have 2 others and of course even on "normal" with "easier" difficulty I still got owned.
And I am level 49.

I managed to get a few trophies but so far that side mission trophy with CoS is going to be the hardest.

Did one and now I have 2 others and of course even on "normal" with "easier" difficulty I still got owned.
And I am level 49.

What trophy is that? What do you need to do?

What trophy is that? What do you need to do?

I got 4 left.
Duel, Revive, Shooting Range and Circle of Slaughter.

The Circle of Slaughter is a pain in the 🤬 even on "easier" difficulty.

Back