Bored of this

  • Thread starter Thread starter englishbob
  • 37 comments
  • 3,785 views
So rather than play the game while you wait to play the game, you'd do something else? I don't think the problem's with the game.
Sort of. I could wait and let time pass by as long as I could do those things. I'm not sure about the others though.
 
The main draw of this game (for my own reasons) were the 3 daily races. You know the SPORT mode from the game called "GRAN TURISMO SPORT". Boot up every day, or whenever you wanted to or could play, and dive into something different.

A mere 9 months after release this feature was dropped and pushed to WEEKLY, even though they still can't be arsed to change the word "Daily" from the menu displays.

Maybe this could of been alleviated somewhat by adding MORE than 3 WEEKLY events, maybe 6 or even 9 etc. but no, that seems too much.

Also a lot of hanging around for a chosen race to start, its like waiting for a bus or train. Missed the 10 past the hour, wait 20 minutes for the 30 minutes past the hour then.

Great driving and racing, but they have cocked this up forever now. I like my gaming to be a little bit more immediate than waiting around for 20 minutes, and a bit more choice to the proceedings in the main mode of the game. The only joy I get from this is ploughing through the offline Championships.

You can always go back to Mario Kart ‍♂️
 
So rather than play the game while you wait to play the game, you'd do something else? I don't think the problem's with the game.

Exacrly!! The whole point of entering the race is to win or least finish well, even if I have already ran 90 qualifying laps I would spend my time waiting for the race to start by running a few more laps.
 
I dont understand the sport mode participation. When the races were true daily events it seemed like they always had 16-20 cars. People claim that the participation has not dropped off and some even say it has increased since the change to weekly's yet the few daily's I race in seem to have 10-14 cars, 16 max, what gives? Not everyone is telling the truth. I think a mix of daily and weekly events would be best, especially with miserable tracks like Tokyo and Fuji.

Has to do with the new regions. Did you not find it peculiar that there are no more South Americans in your races? Gotta read those news...
 
Has to do with the new regions. Did you not find it peculiar that there are no more South Americans in your races? Gotta read those news...

Well yeah, I kinda noticed that South America is no longer in our lobbies but feel free to correct me if I am wrong this started a few weeks ago on December 5th I think, I'm not sure I even raced in sport mode in the last 3 weeks. I have noticed low daily lobby numbers the last few months not just days or weeks. Thanks for the insight though. :banghead::banghead::banghead:
 
Well yeah, I kinda noticed that South America is no longer in our lobbies but feel free to correct me if I am wrong this started a few weeks ago on December 5th I think, I'm not sure I even raced in sport mode in the last 3 weeks. I have noticed low daily lobby numbers the last few months not just days or weeks. Thanks for the insight though. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Oh any time
 
It's a downward trend on KP
https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?stat_preset=daily_sport_activity
https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/stats.php?stat_preset=weekly_sport_activity

PD also doesn't seem to care about the connection issues. Every race 1 to 3 people drop out before the room loads. It's been like that since Sainte Croix was added. You can prevent it by restarting the game after every race yet plenty people still don't know that. And even then I got kicked out yesterday right after warm up without any error or anything. Fixing that would help.

I remember all the complaints right after the change weekly's and the supporters of the weekly races liked to refer to that stat page as proof that the weekly's were more popular even though the polls and most replies said otherwise. Looks like we could possibly be seeing the real effects of the change to weekly's. I think 7 days at 1 location is just too long, even on a favored track it can start to get old running the same race over and over but if you get a week like this week with 2 Tokyo SR killers it could drastically affect participation, then how many may lose interest after a week off? It's a big risk PD is taking.
 
I remember all the complaints right after the change weekly's and the supporters of the weekly races liked to refer to that stat page as proof that the weekly's were more popular even though the polls and most replies said otherwise. Looks like we could possibly be seeing the real effects of the change to weekly's. I think 7 days at 1 location is just too long, even on a favored track it can start to get old running the same race over and over but if you get a week like this week with 2 Tokyo SR killers it could drastically affect participation, then how many may lose interest after a week off? It's a big risk PD is taking.

Or they are deliberately changing their target audience... FIA, World Championship, all serious stuff. Towards „the iRacing of the PS4“? But who can look into the heads of the Japanese? :-)
 
Back