Boredom

• Thread starter coyb20
  • 18 comments
United Kingdom
Aberdeen
Cubiziod
Forgive me for sounding like a spoilt brat, but I am beginning to be really bored on GT7. Any recommendations on how to fix this?

Two choices:

1: Do something new or different, setup a custom race, beat some license test leader board times, daily races, lobbies, tune, make a livery to show off during GTWS, etc.

2. Have a break from the game, literally do any other game from Minecraft to hearts of iron 4. Revisit an old Metal Gear Solid game, complete another PlayStation game you haven't done. (Edit, or just watch movies or car stuff to get back into the car mood, like the complete initial D anime 🤷‍♂️ )

Last edited:
I notice I get bored now too but I have also been playing GT7 since launch day. Not many other games in my collection have gotten this much play time. I feel it's been good value for the amount of time I enjoyed so it's all good. I'll jump on when I get a craving like after watching some car clips or something. I find sometimes I'll just go for a drive on the Ring in something I might not usually or try to do races in cars that shouldn't be able to win. I'm sure they will keep updating and probably have a 2.0 version.

I don't have much time to play GT7 but try to at least get the daily reward for Friday night/Saturday/Sunday. I do this by setting up a custom race for X number of laps and also work on getting a podium time in the Online Time Trial.

Do you have ps+? If so, check how much it costs to upgrade to the next tier and enjoy the catalogue of games on offer.

If a game gets boring, that's because you play it too much. Take a break, and an urge to play the game again will eventually come around.

And then you can try doing different things in GT7, like trying to hook up with people to play with.

Take a break. The game doesn't force you to play every day.
....but it could do much more to keep more people playing which I think is the point. Simple QOL improvements including a basic restructuring of payouts to encourage people to want to create more Custom racesfor example vs. the current, popular meta of just 2-3 races to grind.

GT7 already has a lot there, they just need to manage it better with more linear payouts, difficulty bonuses, etc.

Obviously folks can take a break and / or play other games which is what I do myself. Some of them I sink way more time into than I do GT7. I only wish GT7 was structured in a way that would incentivize me to play more because while it is fun, it could be so much more with just some relatively simple improvements.

Drive the cars? I spent a few hours last night tweaking a couple E92 M3's and doing laps at the Nurburgring and was having a blast. Tonight I might do more of the same with a few more cars. Doing laps in a well set up car at a good circuit is good for the automotive enthusiasts soul...

NFS Heat is going free this month could be a nice distraction 🤷‍♂️
What? I uninstalled that crap after 10 seconds of gameplay. 10 seconds. I swear to God. Why?
--> No button configuration (they force you to shift with L1/R1)
--> Vibration was so weak it felt off.

I have no idea what the hell EA was thinking.

What? I uninstalled that crap after 10 seconds of gameplay. 10 seconds. I swear to God. Why?
--> No button configuration (they force you to shift with L1/R1)
--> Vibration was so weak it felt off.

I have no idea what the hell EA was thinking.
Worked alright on my wheel.

I've been alternating GT7 with Ark Survival Evolved (because who doesn't want a pet Triceratops?).

When I've actually been playing GT7 lately, I've tried to do things a little different, too. Grinding for credits is a complete farce given the prices of the Hagerty cars, and it'll only get worse, so I've all but given up on owning them. PD encourages us to collect cars and then makes it a full-time job to do so. No thanks.

So, what I've been doing is buying the cheaper cars and modifying them, and then using them in some of the shorter, easier races (as opposed to time trial mode) to set them up. For example, I bought a 1965 Mini Cooper, and shoehorned the Civic Type R F20 engine into it for shiggles. I then ran the 25,000Cr. 2 lap race at the Catalunya short circuit a few times while I dialled in the suspension and LSD settings. I hate Catalunya, but the short circuit is actually pretty good. Once I'd done the race 3 or 4 times, I was fairly happy with my set-up changes, and had earned back some of the money spent buying tuning parts.

I then took it to the Hyper car parade at Trial mountain, which was pretty hilarious. Doing this, I had a lot more fun this way than doing the Sardegna race over and over with my Gr.1 Tomahawk.

With american cars, I test them at Watkins Glen short circuit, and japanese cars go to Autopolis clubman event. This way, I get a bit more variation than with grinding, and I get to drive the cars I want, instead of the race cars I don't enjoy. My favourite car lately has been the Corvette C4 ZR-1, which I've built into a replica of the Doug Rippie car that raced (and retired after 20 laps) at the 1995 Le Mans in the GT1 class. 550bhp, 1225kg, RH tyres, and a stable set-up to make it feel planted.

20829195142907327.jpg

Alternatively you can try tuning up some road cars to beat the Sardegna event. Winning with a VR-swapped Delta with 900bhp was kinda funny, or the fully tuned Camaro ZL1.

Another thing to try is tuning up some cars to a similar performance level, and race against them in a Custom race. I made my own little rallycross event recently.

20970520525880656.jpg

20970409041176903.jpg

Last edited:
Back