Boring Car Appreciation Thread

• Thread starter Sage Ages
  • 328 comments
Jeep Cherokee
images

I first saw this debut at the NY Auto Show. I actually liked the old Wagoneer next to it. Wasn't until I saw the intro to The Goonies, that made me like it.

I didn't expect to like my Cherokee when I bought it as a winter beater. But it was fun in the snow! Gave me a craving for owning a long term SUV/truck afterwards.

Not sure if some people would count it as a boring car. But being a mainstream sedan might. I always liked the Suzuki Kizashi.
2010nyiaskizashi020.jpg

Not sure if some people would count it as a boring car. But being a mainstream sedan might. I always liked the Suzuki Kizashi.
2010nyiaskizashi020.jpg

Suzuki certainly left the American market on a high note with the Kizashi. I would say it still considered as "boring", but it doesn't mean the Kizashi is generic or uninteresting. You could get one with a 6-speed manual and AWD, which sound like a fun combo. It was praised by most reviewers, and surprisingly, it felt more like an Audi A4 than a typical, entry-level Japanese sedan.

Lincoln Mk. VIII LSC

1998_Lincoln_Mark_VIII_LSC_in_red%2C_front_left.jpg

Boring, but definitely one of the cleanest and sleekest American designs of the 1990s. I've always admired the soft, clean lines of this car. Even better, it's 4.6L V8 cranks out just shy of 300 horsepower, pretty good for a mid-90s American boat.​

Is this the car whose doors slid underneath the chassis?

2010nyiaskizashi020.jpg
Odd that Suzuki didn't sell alot of them. A family friend had one with AWD. I took it for a spin once and it was very nice.

You could get one with a 6-speed manual and AWD, which sound like a fun combo.
Sadly you can't get AWD with a manual only with the CVT.

Buick Lucerne

Boring, it certainly is, but it's sleek, curvaceous design makes it one of the best looking American sedans of the 21st century. European styling cues were implemented, and from certain angles, it resembles the Jaguar XF. It's a shame that this car was massively underpowered and was fitted with a drab interior.

However, it was light years ahead of it's predecessor, the Lesabre, in terms of styling and refinement.

Ah!! The Lucerne! Beautiful car. Almost got one instead of my 9th gen Impala.

CR-Cars-Inline-2018-Chevrolet-Traverse-f-01-17

I've always been a fan of the Chevrolet Traverse for being a large roomy vehicle. And the second gen is shaping up to be pretty good too.

I'm also a fan of the Impala with the 3.6 liter six.

I find myself really liking the looks of the Y50 Infiniti M/Nissan Fuga. Especially from the rear with the four exhausts and the split five spoke wheels.
INFINITIM35-M45Sedan-3274_5.jpg

When Pininfarina takes the car by Ghia and reworks it into a convertible.
Ford_Focus_Coupe_Cabriolet_Edinburgh.jpg

I have to admit, I want one badly.

I don't see many of them on the road only about 2 of them in my area I once saw one at the motorshow it was undercover police car.

I find myself really liking the looks of the Y50 Infiniti M/Nissan Fuga. Especially from the rear with the four exhausts and the split five spoke wheels.
INFINITIM35-M45Sedan-3274_5.jpg
I like to think of that generation of the M as a sedan version of the 350Z. It could be bought with AWD as well.

2003-2011 Honda Element

2354cc K24 engine

2003-2006
156 hp @ 5500 rpm
160 ft-lbs @ 4500 rpm

2007-2011
166 hp @ 5800 rpm
162 ft-lbs @ 4000 rpm

My personal favorite is the 2007-2008 with the better engine. The body style changed in 2009 for the worse, IMO. They took away the manual transmission in 2010. It has suicide doors, and you can get one with all-wheel drive.

You can turn them into sweet campers and the rear seats fold up sideways. It's like a mini cargo van!

e-camper-feat.jpg

585269_81_61976_9hoXIBM2J.jpg

2004-honda-element-interior-wallpaper-7.jpg

I am currently on the hunt for one...

2003-2011 Honda Element

2354cc K24 engine

2003-2006
156 hp @ 5500 rpm
160 ft-lbs @ 4500 rpm

2007-2011
166 hp @ 5800 rpm
162 ft-lbs @ 4000 rpm

My personal favorite is the 2007-2008 with the better engine. The body style changed in 2009 for the worse, IMO. They took away the manual transmission in 2010. It has suicide doors, and you can get one with all-wheel drive.

You can turn them into sweet campers and the rear seats fold up sideways. It's like a mini cargo van!

e-camper-feat.jpg

You forgot to mention the Element SC, which is basically the sports trim. This trim looks best IMO since all of the exterior parts are matching colors.

I have to agree that the earliest version with the plastic cladding looks best. The single colour just makes it look like a bland box.

VXR
I have to agree that the earliest version with the plastic cladding looks best. The single colour just makes it look like a bland box.
I feel like that’s what made the early Pontiac Vibe, Aztek and the Chevrolet Avalanche very memorable. Not saying that it’s a good/bad thing to be memorable, but it’s an observation on how they stand out.

I don't see many of them on the road only about 2 of them in my area I once saw one at the motorshow it was undercover police car.
There are 3 of them in the city I live in, which, I'd say is a suprisingly lot. I'd never expect to see even a single CC in flesh here if I didn't.

There are 3 of them in the city I live in, which, I'd say is a suprisingly lot. I'd never expect to see even a single CC in flesh here if I didn't.

It's much better looking than astra convertible maybe it came to late to the market or maybe Ford didn't make many or didn't get the advirtisng right.

2003-2011 Honda Element

2354cc K24 engine

2003-2006
156 hp @ 5500 rpm
160 ft-lbs @ 4500 rpm

2007-2011
166 hp @ 5800 rpm
162 ft-lbs @ 4000 rpm

e-camper-feat.jpg

I remember this car from Gran Turismo 4!

Mitsubishi Emeraude

Essentially, the Emeraude (french for Emerald) was a more upscale and handsomer version of the seventh-gen Galant, and was sold in Japan only. Though plain and uninspiring on the outside, it could be had with a twin-turbo V6 making 237hp, all-wheel drive, and a 5-speed manual.​

Back