BreakerOhio 900 Degree Demonstration Video

How cool to see the thread that started me drifting FR cars:cool:

I'm pretty much bored with drifting FR with DFP now lol. Weight shifting became my thing, with braking. Merc E55 AMG is my favorite car, kinda difficult to drift first because of the RPM, but u will notice it really throws into corners easily.

My average corner goes something like this...
First I feint pretty early before a corner, then I begin to slide/drift and since I'm still a bit to early to go ht the throttle, and need to reach the corner first I hit my brakes and have to increase countersteer A LOT! Then I come to corner and power right through it:tup::)

Works really well if you wanna drift into the very low speed sharp S bend in at the final section of Suzuka.....Suzuka's full circuit. I begin very early here but that doesn't matter cause the drift on the straight before the S bend slows me down enough so I get the right speed when I come to the bend. Then 3 little taps of the gas in 2nd gear and I throw it into the second turn of the slow speed bend. 2 taps of gas button and I'm off onto the straight:D

Dunno why I felt like typing this:irked: I'm really bored cause I'm at my dads with a pentium 1 so nothing much to do I guess, no PS2:boggled:

Thanks for sharing. Its cool. If you are bored, just wait a bit, I'm uploading a two new videos up, "yousendit" is pretty slow. First one is only 8 megs. Then I will have a special video, 24 megs that will be really fun to watch.

Lol thats the point I would be downloading all over the place if:
-first yousendit wasn't slow in the first place.
-my pentium 1 wasn't making it 10 times slower after that.
-and then ending up with a "lagging" video with wrong colors (all green and red and blue stripes and stuff, like ur TV is messed up).

I will certainly download it at home, I like the fact ur vids are small so it doesn't rly effect my download limit:tup::)

Yea, I hate having to download 50+ meg videos. So I try to help out here. If people want the high quality version, then I can upload that version.

haha breakerohio i remember racing you a **** load of times when i had my x link kai working, you were pretty good. That link doesnt work, but i use the old school driving wheel, and its wonderful ;)

Hey breaker could you reupload that video.
Thanks I have been playing GT4 for a long time and I have a 91 240SX and I still havent drifted the game...

Reuploaded 12/28/2005

Kinda embarrassing to watch now because this is from March 2005 when I first started drifting with the DFP on GT4. But, I guess it can still be educational because it shows how to correct your angle when not entering smoothly. Enjoy.

Use putfile. it's 25MB limit each file. You've been uploading it at least 5 times now...

Though it's funny that you guys thinking that turning the wheel like that is fast. Once you countersteer, there's no feedback & easy to turn. Once the car get into the angle at a decent speed, you steer back.

Heres my dillemma everytime I go to enter a drift it seems to try to do one of the following...
A) Understeer
B) Get Way to high of an Angle and just stay sideways
C) Snap oversteer

And it seems that everyone is flawlessly perfecting these drifts.... Im gonna try to do some screen capture videos and post them up to see if you guys can point out what im doing wrong..it also seems im not carrying as much speed into the corners. The only way I can seem to get decent drifts is just out of luck or by e-brake initiations.

thanks.

After watching your video. It seems as though you can move the wheel alot and not lose control of the car...on the cars I have setup (Sil-80, GTS25 Type S, Silvia Ks Aero(S14) it seems as though they are super touchy...if you could PM me like your setup to any Nissan car and let me see how it goes it would be appreciated thanks.

Monooxide
Heres my dillemma everytime I go to enter a drift it seems to try to do one of the following...
A) Understeer
B) Get Way to high of an Angle and just stay sideways
C) Snap oversteer

And it seems that everyone is flawlessly perfecting these drifts.... Im gonna try to do some screen capture videos and post them up to see if you guys can point out what im doing wrong..it also seems im not carrying as much speed into the corners. The only way I can seem to get decent drifts is just out of luck or by e-brake initiations.

thanks.

This is some of the reason why it's hard to drift in GT4.
The infamous fact about drifting in GT4Click twice to see in full screen.

Watch carefully the slow motion sequance & the camera view in the last slow motion drift(Oh god, it would be looking so good that drift, :lol: ).

You might hate me making that video, but you know, drifting is still fun in GT4, but not with that setup for sure.

Mr Deap

Watch carefully the slow motion sequance & the camera view in the last slow motion drift(Oh god, it would be looking so good that drift, :lol: ).

You might hate me making that video, but you know, drifting is still fun in GT4, but not with that setup for sure.
drifting a 100% stock silvia isnt that hard, esp on DF... it looks like you just need pratice. im sure tons of people know about S13's stock understeer problem. its not hard to get around, you just need to do your homework on weight shifting and the basics about drifting.
edit, and yes i use dfp also.

Suzuki
drifting a 100% stock silvia isnt that hard, esp on DF... it looks like you just need pratice. im sure tons of people know about S13's stock understeer problem. its not hard to get around, you just need to do your homework on weight shifting and the basics about drifting.
edit, and yes i use dfp also.

Oh yeah?

When you're sliding & you have you step on the floor, there's almost no traction in the rear on a 200HP FR car. Also the car was running at 150km/h(around 70MPH) with a nice angle at full trottle & the front wheel grip suddenly... I guess I did my homework.

Mr Deap
Oh yeah?

When you're sliding & you have you step on the floor, there's almost no traction in the rear on a 200HP FR car. Also the car was running at 150km/h(around 70MPH) with a nice angle at full trottle & the front wheel grip suddenly... I guess I did my homework.
it doesnt look like your front grip suddenly, it looks like your rear gained traction while you were full c/s which almost through you into the wall. if you would learn to feel your car through your dfp's FF then you would realise when that is about to happen and should be able to prevent it.
doesnt really look/sound like you did your homework to me. just looks like you need pratice

Mr Deap

From what I can see on the video, it looks like you're not through your first 2 weeks of practice. If you feel like giving up drifting in GT4 then go ahead, nobody is stoping you. Just because you can not do it in a few try, doesn't mean it's impossible. On the contrary, I practiced about 100 laps a day for more than 2 weeks on a Trueno stock with N1 tires at Autumn Ring Mini with the DFP and now I "DO" have the feel of the weight and when the tires would start to grip. You just need more practice.

The key in using the DFP for drifting is (1)how you "recognize" and "react" to the weight shift and traction through the force feed back and (2) the quickness of you hand on steering.

I have now moved on to a better car (maxed out parts but moderate power).
Throughout my continous training never have I used the E-Brake. I use brake drift, feint and power over only.

It's okay to release your frustration by showing us the video. I just hope that you continue to practice and one day show us the proper way of drifting using DFP in GT4.

i got the dfp also like 10 days ago, and it would be cool, if i could see that demo too. i love driving with the 900 degree mode in racing, but for the drifitng i am having small problems witht turining the wheel back.

so, please, if anyone could re upload it, cause it would be really a great help for me.

thanks

chris

Back