Breaking Bad

United States
Inland Empire SoCal
SOLID_LIFTERS
Breaking Bad is a new TV show on the AMC channel. Anybody else watch it? I like it. Though, the nudity and cursing were removed, (I guess it was suppose to air on a different network), it was still pretty intense enough to satisfy.

The Story

A high school science teacher is having money difficulties with his wife and disabled son. He has a second job at a car wash. He collapses at work and discovers while at the hospital that he has terminal lung cancer. He then decides to cook methamphetamine to make money for his family before he dies.

It's a comedy-drama with emphasis on the drama. So far, I think it's a great show. You can see for yourself by watching the first five minutes of the pilot episode by clicking here... http://www.breakingbad.com/trailer.html

Or, you can visit the website and click on all sorts a fun and interactive links here... http://www.breakingbad.com/index2.html

This series is fantastic. It just ended, a bit short, but I think the writers strike had something to do with that.

For those that missed it, or haven't considered it, now's your second chance to view this series. The series starts all over again, starting with the pilot episode, this coming Sunday on AMC. Trust me, don't miss it this time. It's a great show.

Anybody else watching this, or am I the only one?

I watched the first episode and loved it.
After that I fell off and only caught bits and pieces.
However, I can tell the show is good. 👍

Glad to see I'm not alone.

Ditto^

I watched the first episode and after it was over thought "wow! i've really gotta watch the rest of the season," but I just never got around to it.

I saw the preview on some channel. Looked really different and interesting. It looked like it would be more comedy than drama, but then again you never can tell with previews. I'll have to check it out. Been meaning to find a new series to get into.

EDIT: I just watched the first episode. I must say, that was just fantastic. A little over the top, maybe. A bit too much stereotyping, maybe. Yet the drama of it hit home more than I thought it would. You really feel for the guy. Definitely checking out the rest of the season. Good recommendation, Solid Lifters. I had totally forgotten about this series. I had seen previews and thought it looked interesting, but like many, it just fell off my radar. Again, thanks!

This series is getting weirder and weirder. It's strange seeing the dad from "Malcom in the Middle" in these situations. Very strange, but somehow captivating.

;)

^I never noticed it was him. But then again I just saw a bit from the first episode and another bit from the last one.

Got to find some time to watch them all.

I am absolutely captivated by this show. I have two episodes left, and I can hardly sit here typing this, for the incredible longing to watch the show instead. Big 👍 to Solid, for reminding me this show exists. I probably would have forgotten all about it.

;)

Oh, you guys are welcome. :)

I really loved this series, so that's why I mentioned it. Can't wait for the second season!

BB rawks the big one! A great performance by the lead in this series. It's great to see him try something quite a bit different to "malcolm". :-)

I just caught the final episode of Season 3. Like I expected they left it on a good cliffhanger

Last edited:
Hands down this is the best show on TV right now. The acting, writing and directing.... no one can touch! I can't wait for season 4 this summer! Things are going to get EFFED UP! I hope Walt kills Gus!

I love this show so much. If you haven't seen it yet check it out. Each season gets more intense. I heard the new season which isn't out yet will be the final one. I can't wait to see what will happen.

I missed the 4th season. I was in hospitals and some of these places didn't have the channel. I've been waiting for the season to repeat, because they often do that, but so far nothing.

I also can download the season from Netflix, but it hasn't been available yet. I guess they're waiting for the season to go on sale first for DVD collectors.

I just burned through the whole series on Netflix so far in a little over a week. This show is amazing.

Can't wait for Season 4 to hit Netflix.

This and The Walking Dead are my favorite series at the moment. :)

Yes both are great shows .

I want to see where BB is going since they killed Gus , he was a very important character.

On a sidenote Tuco was so awesome in the early seasons , lol

I just watched the whole series with Netflix so far in a little over a week. This show is amazing.

Can't wait for Season 4 to hit Netflix.

Funny, I edited your admittance of guilt. You should too.
Yes both are great shows .

I want to see where BB is going since they killed Gus , he was a very important character.

On a sidenote Tuco was so awesome in the early seasons , lol

I recall Gus walking out of the room, rather messed up. But alive.

Wow. Anybody else watch tonights episode? Another 'shocker' from this series that just never seems to stop shocking its audience. Fantastic stuff! 👍

Half way through S4.

So Walt drives an Aztec and now his son drives a PT Cruiser....

This is the most pitiful driveway I've ever seen. :lol:

And Pinkman going all badass on the cartel lab guys was amazing.

So all that that just happened in the season 4 finale....

Damn it, I need to watch season 5.

Yeah, I can't believe they're following on so strongly after season 4. I think S4 deserves a re-watch some time. :D

Back