Brembo Becomes Official Technical Partner in Braking Systems for Gran Turismo 7

I expect this to be able as valuable to the physics engine as the GT6 tie-in with KW.

It's a great marketing piece for both, but as an actual factor in physics improvements, I'm highly sceptical.
If only PD incorpororate temperature and brake fade in normal car brake packaging. I agree, I don't see the detailed changes in brake performance from say, a lap in a Honda Fit at Nurburgring with standard brakes and a Hond Fit with an upgraded Brembo package. Braking distances may change, but I think both cars would do endless laps with the same relative performcance.

My wife's Megane RS Trophy+ had Brembos, but I don't know if PD will have that modelled, compared to a performcance car that doesn't have Brembos.

Is the Porsche Carrera GT already announced?
You see the number board on Sardegna on 1:17

The new Ford Mustang GT350R will be my favorite. I think you will see a new picture next to my messages

If only PD incorpororate temperature and brake fade in normal car brake packaging. I agree, I don't see the detailed changes in brake performance from say, a lap in a Honda Fit at Nurburgring with standard brakes and a Hond Fit with an upgraded Brembo package. Braking distances may change, but I think both cars would do endless laps with the same relative performcance.

My wife's Megane RS Trophy+ had Brembos, but I don't know if PD will have that modelled, compared to a performcance car that doesn't have Brembos.
And that's part of the issue.

If we remove brake fade from the equation just for a minute, as long as existing brakes are up to spec and can lock the tyres at the speed in question (and for modern road cars they mainly will be) then upgrading brakes will not stop a car quicker, as it's the tyres that are the limiting factor not the brakes.

The first and foremost reason to upgrade brakes is to allow for greater modulation and control, as well as reducing or eliminating fade, yet so many titles get this wrong.

Lots of lovely brake related tech stuff can be found here:

Last edited:
The Lambo Aventador's brake caliper seems crazy small in the trailer - relative to the size of the disc? Also, they haven't modelled the brake pads within the caliper by the looks of things - quite remiss given the focus of the trailer...

1633612561885.png

Last edited:
The Lambo Aventador's brake caliper seems crazy small in the trailer - relative to the size of the disc? Also, they haven't modelled the brake pads within the caliper by the looks of things - quite remiss given the focus of the trailer...

View attachment 1084634
Yeah, that is an issue. Obviously the caliper and pad should cover the entire friction surface of the rotor. Hopefully somebody notices this and addresses it but it's not going to ruin my game if they don't.

Sure would be great if one of these rubber stamped partnerships with Gran Turismo and
Code:
brand
would finally contribute to something beyond the wallets of both parties.

The marks lap it up though, thinking anything has changed.

Back