brian wolf`s trackday supercars

• Thread starter brian wolf
  • 36 comments
United Kingdom
uk
bulletproofbrian
garagetitle.jpg

The pursuit of ultimate speed can be a cruel and unforgiving mistress. And, after a hard days work I don`t always want to grind seasonal and A-spec races with a car tuned on a knife edge. So, I have started to tune some cars to handle in a more forgiving manner, and not confined to the usual PP limits. Instead of ultimate lap times these are tuned to be balanced and inspire confidence, mostly on Sports Hard tyres. To be able to gold drifting seasonals as well as grinding the A-spec races. And, using the stock gearboxes and upgraded exhausts, some truly wonderful noises (be careful of trouser accidents shifting from 2nd to 3rd!).

Last edited:
Ferrari F40 `92 545pp Sports Hard
Eiger Nordwand Short Track_1.jpg

I started tuning the F40 back in January, but I ended up with a very safe tune that took all the fun out of this motoring icon. But, when it was featured in the difficult car thread in June (
Difficult Car - Ferrari F40) I jumped at the chance to give it another go. I started out trying to make a racing version with slick tyres and massive horsepower but ended up finding the balance I was looking for with stock hp and stock SH tyres. Since then I have continually improved and updated this tune and will continue to do so. This is the tune that inspired my trackday tuning philosophy, and will always have a special place in my virtual garage.
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps_1.jpg

Last edited:
Lancia STRATOS `73 448pp CS or Dirt Tyres combo tune
Toscana.jpg

Its taken many months of tuning and retuning, then starting again and retuning that.....etc etc! :banghead:But I`ve finally found a nice balance with this tune. It works just as well on dirt as at does on tarmac. And its guaranteed to put a massive smile on your face! :lol:
Matterhorn Rotenboden_1.jpg

Last edited:
Nice to see you finally take the leap and start your own garage:tup:. Best of luck, and I will be watching and peeking in, and occasionally test driving.

Big fan of your tunes cant wait for more.
Thank you! Lots more to come. Just need to find the time to post them! :cheers:

Nice to see you finally take the leap and start your own garage:tup:. Best of luck, and I will be watching and peeking in, and occasionally test driving.

good luck with the garage man :cheers:
Cheers boys! :cheers: Feel free to come and give these a test. Just remember to keep looking out of the side window!;)👍

Ruf BTR `86 527pp Sports Hard
Eiger Nordwand Short Track_2.jpg

A very drivable BTR but without sterilising it! The big turbo and stock gears make it easy to drive at 95%. But give it all the beans and it will remind you its just an old 911 and will wag its tail with the best of them. Some throttle control will be required. But you will be rewarded with a car that is an absolute joy to throw around and hold some massive slides.:D
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit_1.jpg

Nice to see you put up garage, your tunes for FITT were always fun maybe not my best fit but fun none the less. :cheers: May this venture be productive.

Nice to see you put up garage, your tunes for FITT were always fun maybe not my best fit but fun none the less. :cheers: May this venture be productive.
Thanks, feedback seems to be good so far.......:) I find they make grinding credits for more serious projects a bit more interesting!:cheers:

Thanks, feedback seems to be good so far.......:) I find they make grinding credits for more serious projects a bit more interesting!:cheers:

I ran the BTR last night (all I had time for) & it's a blast! 👍 Great stuff!

Just to clarify, on the Maser & RUF, you show no camber settings. Am I to assume that they then stay on the original settings?

I ran the BTR last night (all I had time for) & it's a blast! 👍 Great stuff!

Just to clarify, on the Maser & RUF, you show no camber settings. Am I to assume that they then stay on the original settings?
Glad you liked the BTR :cheers:. Zero camber and toe on the Maser and zero camber on the BTR. If you need more stability on the BTR you can add 2.0 camber front and rear. 👍

Glad you liked the BTR :cheers:. Zero camber and toe on the Maser and zero camber on the BTR. If you need more stability on the BTR you can add 2.0 camber front and rear. 👍

Cool, thanks. I have the day to myself tomorrow, so I'll give them all a go then & do some grinding in the seasonals where possible. 👍

Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi Version V `98 481pp Comfort Soft
STi.jpg

Although not technically a supercar, this tunes deserves a place in my garage due to how much fun it is to smoke all four tyres! Originally tuned for a FITT tuning challenge at Tsukuba in the wet and Grand Valley East in the dry, I`ve used it for many seasonal and A-spec races and its always a joy to drive! :cheers:

donuts.jpg

Smokin! :D

View attachment 263975
Although not technically a supercar, this tunes deserves a place in my garage due to how much fun it is to smoke all four tyres! Originally tuned for a FITT tuning challenge at Tsukuba in the wet and Grand Valley East in the dry, I`ve used it for many seasonal and A-spec races and its always a joy to drive! :cheers:

View attachment 263976

Subi love! After a night and day of Black Friday shoppers this car is just what my shrink prescribed.

Thank you.

View attachment 263975

View attachment 263976
I still have this Scooby Doo in my garage from the FITT challenge. This is a great tune!:bowdown:

Lancia STRATOS `73 448pp
After dusting my DFGT off this weekend, I found this tune to be not quite how I remembered it! It seemed to be too biased towards dirt driving. OK with DS3 but with the wheel, far to twitchy at mid corner and exit. So, I`ve spent the day at the Roma seasonal and tweaked it to be more tarmac friendly, but just as good on the dusty stuff. Wins at Roma and lots of 2nd places at the IB dirt trials. (couldn`t quite catch the Quattro!)
:cheers:

McLaren MP4-12C `10 620pp Sports Hard
Nürburgring Nordschleife_.jpg

Tuned for "December Car of the Month - McLaren MP4-12C '10 ". This car got a lot of love from PD, and, at first, I didn`t find it a very interesting drive. It was fast and easy to drive straight out of the box, and I felt it needed a little pepping up! The result can be a bit of a tyre shredder! But, don`t go lower than 3rd, and easy on the throttle. Most of the time 4th will be the lowest gear you`ll need, there`s loads of low down power. Just be smooth and you`ll fly round whatever track you choose!
Have fun!!👍

Autumn Ring.jpg

Latest Posts

Back