Britain - The Official Thread

• Thread starter Ross
  • 12,479 comments

How will you vote in the 2019 UK General Election?

• The Brexit Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Change UK/The Independent Group

• Conservative Party

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Green Party

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Labour Party

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Other (Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland)

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Other Independents

• Other Parties

• Spoiled Ballot

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Will Not/Cannot Vote

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How does repatriating feeble-minded, sickly and utterly dependent failed terrorists fit in with the vision, purpose and direction of the United Kingdom?

It doesn't, which is why we're hoping the powers that be will say no. Or say yes, then arrest her the second she steps off the plane and charge her with treason.

It doesn't, which is why we're hoping the powers that be will say no. Or say yes, then arrest her the second she steps off the plane and charge her with treason.
They can't say no. She is a British citizen rather that a duel nation citizen which would allow them to say no.

It would seem British citizenship calls for far more rights than duties and obligations. Is this a correct understanding of your vision, purpose and direction?

It would seem British citizenship calls for far more rights than duties and obligations. Is this a correct understanding of your vision, purpose and direction?
What planet are you on? She is a citizen. She CANNOT be barred from entering the country. It is called the LAW. It is not open to opinion. Nor does it in anyway represent my view on it, which I have not put forward.

What planet are you on? She is a citizen. She CANNOT be barred from entering the country. It is called the LAW. It is not open to opinion. Nor does it in anyway represent my view on it, which I have not put forward.
I don't blame you for not expressing your opinion. It could hurt you in the context of your succeeding in your society. Over time, does it seem the British political system has become weaker and weaker?

I don't blame you for not expressing your opinion. It could hurt you in the context of your succeeding in your society. Over time, does it seem the British political system has become weaker and weaker?
How to fix the country? If I knew that..... :lol: I'd need a time machine and one or two meetings with Blair and Cameron.

She could certainly be banned from entering the country (at least temporarily) as noted in this BBC article:

Another British jihadi bride, Tareena Shakil, who got out of the war zone with her child, lied to the security services on her return and was jailed for membership of a terrorist group.

If Ms Begum got out of the country, that is the kind of charge she could face - along with encouraging or supporting terrorism.

But that's a long way off. Assuming she made it to an airport, the UK could temporarily ban her from returning until she agreed to be investigated, monitored and deradicalised.

Social services would also certainly step in to consider whether her child should be removed to protect him or her from radicalisation.

Her dad, Hussen Abase, says she and her two friends, should be forgiven and allowed back into the UK:

Hussen notably blamed the police - who issued an apology - for failing to spot the signs of his daughter's radicalisation and appeared on television in 2014 tearfully asking her to return.

He also did this:

DzYHkoCXcAEsnqq.jpg
That's Hussen - behind the chap burning the US flag - at the London rally in 2012 organised by banned Salafi terrorist group Al-Muhajirun and led by Anjem Choudary. He did, in 2015, say he was embarrassed by his presence there and had no idea who had organised the event where he shouted "God is Great" repeatedly behind a man burning a US flag, so there's that.

Nonetheless, I think I'll take his opinion on which Da'esh members to forgive with an entire gritter's worth of salt.

Last edited:
And this is why I hope none of you work for the Home Office.

Think about why these people come home and the risks they are taking to do so. The usual way of recruiting for ISIS in this country is by exploiting any racist hate against someone. 'These people hate you, come to us and we will love you' kind of thing. Hence why bombing us is nothing more than a recruitment drive as it sees a massive spike in racist incidents as a result.

Now you get taken in by that and hope for a better life, a life where people don't hate you for being a Muslim. You get there and find it's absolutely 🤬 and life is worse than before. Basically a similar story as happens when people elect the far right.

What do you do?

a. Stay and be unhappy for life
b. Risk your own life to go back home?

And yes, coming back is risking your life. ISIS has no sympathy for deserters and will execute you in a painful fashion.

Yes they need watching, but they may be coming back realising their mistake.

I hope she is either permanently barred from the UK or arrested or sectioned immediately upon her return.

I think the second (or second, option A). She poses too much of a risk if she gets into a position where she's free to communicate with other young people in the UK.

Think about why these people come home and the risks they are taking to do so. The usual way of recruiting for ISIS in this country is by exploiting any racist hate against someone. 'These people hate you, come to us and we will love you' kind of thing. Hence why bombing us is nothing more than a recruitment drive as it sees a massive spike in racist incidents as a result.

Now you get taken in by that and hope for a better life, a life where people don't hate you for being a Muslim. You get there and find it's absolutely 🤬 and life is worse than before. Basically a similar story as happens when people elect the far right.

What do you do?

And yes, coming back is risking your life. ISIS has no sympathy for deserters and will execute you in a painful fashion.

My understanding of it is that she did not go out there as a naive teenager, realise what a mistake she made, and want to come back... she's only trying to come back because her husband was captured, and her allies defeated, and now facing child birth, she wants to come back... she's hasn't said how bad it was, she said how it didn't faze her, there's no reason to think she's changed her mindset.

What do you do?

This person has shown no remorse for her part in supporting a barbaric, medieval death cult and shows only self-pity and self-interest... she even says she doesn't regret joining ISIS, despite having lost two babies while in Syria. She also casually states that the sight of beheaded heads in bins 'didn't faze me at all'. She exercised her free will in joining ISIS and has said or done nothing to suggest that she thinks any differently now. To hell with her.

This person has shown no remorse for her part in supporting a barbaric, medieval death cult and shows only self-pity and self-interest... she even says she doesn't regret joining ISIS, despite having lost two babies while in Syria. She also casually states that the sight of beheaded heads in bins 'didn't faze me at all'. She exercised her free will in joining ISIS and has said or done nothing to suggest that she thinks any differently now. To hell with her.

I agree with all that but I don't agree with any idea that she should remain a free agent. She's a British citizen who's supported, committed and enabled serious crimes by (at the very least) association. She should be brought back, sentenced and punished. She should not be free to communicate or to gather sympathy.

What do you do?

To be fair you had a supporter in someone who was interviewed by the Radio 4 Today show saying she was a child and it was akin to grooming.

Personally I don't agree and see her as nothing but a traitor and an evil, evil cow but it's interesting to hear the other side

@Lizard I agree that she went out there a child and itsi very difficult to conclude that she did so without influence from those that should have protected her from harm (i.e. her father).

That said, she certainly poses a risk to others in the UK and so I think her being arrested upon return is the correct next step.

I really fail to see why people like that aren't arrested in Syria or Iraq. That is where they joined a horrible organisation, so that's where they should face a judge.

Ah, but I hear you think: she will never have a fair trial there!

1. Risk of the choices she made.

2. Neither did many of the victims of that group of religious special people.

What do you do?

So what your saying is your fine with risking national security on a presumed possibility.

How is detaining her on entry risking national security?
I didn't address that, he claimed a blanket term that didn't specify just this case.

Watching doesn't equal detainment either, unless that is what he meant.

What was the blanket term?

What do you do?

That is a Blanket assumption that the process involves good intentions.

Latest Posts

Back