Britain - The Official Thread

• Thread starter Ross
  • 12,481 comments

How will you vote in the 2019 UK General Election?

• The Brexit Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Change UK/The Independent Group

• Conservative Party

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Green Party

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Labour Party

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Other (Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland)

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Other Independents

• Other Parties

• Spoiled Ballot

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Will Not/Cannot Vote

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Serious point:
Everything about the Everard case is absolutely revolting.

Cynical point:
Problem with police officers? Just phone the police!
Agreed, gross mishandling of a gross amount of gross stuff. Serious work and reform needed asap.

also,

"If you're the police, who will police the police??"

"I dunno. Coastguard?"

RIP Sarah Everard, and may her family and friends get some comfort from knowing that the animal who murdered her will die in jail.

As a rapist, murderer policeman who killed an innocent young woman, however, that moment might not be very long in coming.

I was so sorry to hear of Sarah Everard, she certainly didn't deserve the fate that befell her, especially when it could've been avoided twice.

What I don't understand is how much more will it take for the world's worst Commissioner to be sacked/leave? Hell, even Commissioner Gordon had more respect among his staff and he couldn't keep a clown in a cell....

Either she's got an insane amount of dirt on every member of the British parliament, or the fact she fulfils the diversity quota as a twofer means she's untouchable. She is without a doubt the most corrupt, inept, useless, ineffective, incompetent head of the Metropolitan Police I can ever think of, and she needs to go.

What I don't understand is how much more will it take for the world's worst Commissioner to be sacked/leave?

[...]

Either she's got an insane amount of dirt on every member of the British parliament, or the fact she fulfils the diversity quota as a twofer means she's untouchable. She is without a doubt the most corrupt, inept, useless, ineffective, incompetent head of the Metropolitan Police I can ever think of, and she needs to go.
She started out as a bobby on the beat WPC. Surely a fantastic example of the Peter principle?

Oh, good, the Everard matter is being discussed. Well, it's not good, of course--it's ****ing awful--but at least this isn't a non sequitur. Apologies if it's been mentioned in a manner that I haven't recognized in scanning quickly through the posts.

FAnic-BWQAMG68-Y-jpeg.jpg

Confused Little Girl GIF

I guess it's nice to know LEOs in the US haven't cornered the market on dumb****ery.

Last edited:
Remonstrating with the tanker driver for not carrying petrol was the icing on the cake. What a "fuel"-hardy endeavour.

Last edited:
It’s in time like these that we should look to the past for sage advice because after all, Those who fail to learn from history are certain to repeat it.

Take it away, George C Scott. :D

Yes it’s more for homes than cars, but the message still counts. :lol:

That's really difficult to impose, because then you have to specify exactly what that uniform is, and suddenly you open up the door to countless wrongful arrest opportunities (i.e. they weren't wearing a hat, it wasn't buttoned correctly, the footwear was incorrect)
Quoting this just to say holy hell man nice to see you are still around.

There aren't enough dimensional planes of existence to fully grasp the hilarity, embarrassment and stupidity of this.
I assume UK tankers have similar chemical labels on the back as US ones do. You can literally tell what it's transporting if you know the number.

Edit: Apparently they're UN-dictated so yes a gasoline tanker would've had a 1203 placard on the back.

Last edited:
I assume UK tankers have similar chemical labels on the back as US ones do. You can literally tell what it's transporting if you know the number.

Edit: Apparently they're UN-dictated so yes a gasoline tanker would've had a 1203 placard on the back.
You're assuming the power of intelligence over desperation.

Google-bombing, that's what. Remember his box-painting hobby that only came to light in 2019?

It's the special needs version of a Trump.
Trump was the special needs version of Trump. Johnson can at least hold a prepared speech together without wapping on about how the thing he did is the biggest or greatest and then repeating that sentence, and Trump can't speak English while Johnson can wrangle out a decent speech in Latin - and I doubt anyone's had to hide stuff from Johnson in case he flies into a literally nuclear rage...

... but it is still absolutely weird beyond weird. It's like if Charlie Brooker, Armando Ianucci, and Chris Morris had got together to make a spoof Prime Minister.

Back