Britain - The Official Thread

• Thread starter Ross
  • 12,481 comments

How will you vote in the 2019 UK General Election?

• The Brexit Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Change UK/The Independent Group

• Conservative Party

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Green Party

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Labour Party

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Other (Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland)

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Other Independents

• Other Parties

• Spoiled Ballot

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Will Not/Cannot Vote

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dawn Butler MP has been ordered to leave the House of Commons chamber for the remainder of the day for refusing to withdraw comments accusing the Prime Minister of having "lied to this house and the country over and over again".

This kind of thing happens from time to time. Dennis Skinner was famously ejected after calling David Cameron "Dodgy Dave" and refusing to withdraw the comment.

Last edited:

11A5882A-73AA-4F81-B149-7A7252F7D700.jpeg

I honestly thought it was an American Plymouth when I read the headline.

Apparently this wasn't "terror related". Now, aside from the fact that the dude wandered around town with a shotgun terrifying people - and killing them, including a young child who I'm sure wasn't experiencing joy at the time - it seems pretty clear he's been radicalised by a gaggle of absolute arseholes.

He appears to have described himself as "blackpilled". If you're not aware, blackpill is the stupid cousin of redpill - and given how stupid redpill already is, that's going some. You might have never heard of either (lucky you), so...

"Redpill" refers to someone who is absolutely convinced that they see the world as it truly is, rather than the lies fed to you by woke left-wing media, celebrities, and politicians. They think there's a global conspiracy to marginalise what they see as maleness, and eradicate male rights. Anything that promotes nicer, kinder men or condemns thuggishness and the culture of possession and sexual assault of women, is part of this "woke" agenda. Homosexuality and the entire concept of transgender is part of it too.

The name comes from The Matrix, where Morpheus offers Neo the chance to take the blue pill and go back into the comforting lie of the Matrix, or the red pill to see the world as it truly is. Of course there's a massive irony here in that the film was created and directed by two trans-women under their previous identities as brothers (and the red pill itself may symbolise oestrogen tablets, though it's nowhere near that size); an ideology that sees trans identities as anathema is named after a concept created by trans-women.

"Blackpill" goes further and essentially believers think that the concept of marginalising men only truly applies to men who are not traditional "alpha" males; they think that "real" women are more attracted to "real" men who keep traditional male values of being unpleasant and unkind to other people (especially women) and that although women don't acknowledge it openly they do in fact prefer to be verbally and physically abused and raped by partners who do this to multiple women simultaneously.

While redpillers are often incels ("involuntary celibates"), blackpillers are exclusively so, and they believe they cannot have sex with women because they are not the kind of men that women truly like (bastards), and they are destined to die single and as virgins - blaming it on women (who are sluts and liars) and weak men who permit the advance of female emancipation - and as a result, the belief is pretty close to existential nihilism. It's not much of a surprise when one of them takes themselves out, though they mainly live on dedicated circlejerk internet forums bitching about sluts and soyboys while talking a big game about suicide and murder for 18 hours a day.

It's also even more moronic because there isn't even a black pill in the film.

I don't know how that isn't radicalisation, and I don't know how someone making YouTube videos about his murder agenda while going out to kill innocent members of the public in the name of his agenda isn't terrorism.

He doesn't deserve the publicity he was seeking. An anonymous 🤬.

That said, I do agree. Dangerously radicalised and that cannot be ignored.

Last edited:
Dangerously radicalised and that cannot be ignored.
I'd venture that large chunks of his mindset are shared by a lot of young men, and I don't mean the nutjob Qanon stuff, I mean the stuff where you hate yourself and start to feel more and more unlike the people around you, add in sexual-frustration - which may seem trivial, but in practice, really isn't - and - I think reactions like this are almost inevitable given a large enough sample size, with or without radicalisation.

MRA/MGTOW vibes.

MRA/MGTOW vibes.
Good thing he doesn't say he wants to kill anyone... oh wait

VBR Kill Wokey.jpg

(So much for "You will not... threaten, nor attack any individual or any group")

Last edited:

And this gem:

Ps. The magna carta after doing some personal research the protestors never did, was signed in England 500 years before the union with Scotland thus does not apply. Article 61 existed in the first iteration of the magna carta but not the future versions.

So to put it bluntly, wrong part of the country, non-existent grounds, bunch of muppets.

Last edited:
bunch of muppets.
Stuff like this making a news headline is why people no longer think its a big deal when a bunch of idiots, I don't know, storm a capitol for example. At their core they're the same thing, dumb people doing dumb things, the difference is that one is actually newsworthy and the other one isn't. There's a spooky amount of people who can't tell the difference. At least 30, I'd say.

Stuff like this making a news headline is why people no longer think its a big deal when a bunch of idiots, I don't know, storm a capitol for example. At their core they're the same thing, dumb people doing dumb things, the difference is that one is actually newsworthy and the other one isn't. There's a spooky amount of people who can't tell the difference. At least 30, I'd say.
Every time I read your sig I get that crazy old guy from the Simpsons stuck in my head "old grey mare she ain't what she used to be..." 😂

It's not a bad article, and I can vouch for some of the statements it makes, but I think most reasonable people with any first hand experience of industry at the moment understand that our woes are not solely limited to Brexit - as the article suggests Remainers believe - It has been and remains, a perfect storm of problems that the pandemic has multiplied, however when you break down the problems we face, there are some things that are within our ability to change, and some that are not. Brexit is/was one of the things that was - and that's why it still remains one of my bigger frustrations at the moment, especially since it's STILL causing issues trading within our own borders. It might not be THE reason behind all of our problems at the moment, but it is THE one that some of my staff voted for, and that continues to bother me.

"You should be able to say what you want"

No mention of consequences of your actions. Once again, free speech is the most misunderstood thing in socio-political discourse.

Back