Britain - The Official Thread

• Thread starter Ross
  • 12,479 comments

How will you vote in the 2019 UK General Election?

• The Brexit Party

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Change UK/The Independent Group

• Conservative Party

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Green Party

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Labour Party

Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Other (Wales/Scotland/Northern Ireland)

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Other Independents

• Other Parties

• Spoiled Ballot

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Will Not/Cannot Vote

Votes: 11 27.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My nephew was making paw patrol cakes today.

I can see why the Welsh version of the show beat this channel in ratings.

EDIT: Why, why, why did I search for the full "show" on YouTube.... and of course the comments are disabled - FREEZE PEACH

Last edited:
Every time I see a familiar face on GB News (which is not often, as I only ever see it via Twitter videos like that posted above), I always think "What the hell happened to them?" - I remember quite liking Mark Dolan years ago, but now he is a colossal prick. Granted, he was probably a colossal prick beforehand too, but now he's actually being a colossal prick for a living.
I don't know what's more frightening - his opinions or his hairline.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Still won't get voted out.
Still won't get the public to do anything.
As far as the public doing anything, what are we to do? Protest, riot, vote differently? What is actually going to make a difference. Our democracy is flawed down to a comparatively molecular level...

I know what I'd like to do, but AUP.

The best part is when their wee faces light up as they realise what they would like for the month, is actually the daily rate!

If in doubt, hands out.

Concentration camps?
68880831-0-image-a-33_1679263743304.jpg

Just checked to find out why Private Eye's trending on Twitter and...

Me deliberately choosing this time of year to go stateside for a few weeks to take advantage of the fixed PTO on May 1st and 8th:

big brain netflix GIF by Chelsea Handler

Last edited:
I shall be celebrating...

... the Tories getting absolutely ass-whooped in the locals.

Just past halfway...

1683296938801.png

As I've previously stated, I'm concerned that come then next GE we'll be stupid enough to keep the Tories in power, but based on this - so far - maybe there is hope.

I shall be celebrating...

... the Tories getting absolutely ass-whooped in the locals.

Just past halfway...

View attachment 1253883

As I've previously stated, I'm concerned that come then next GE we'll be stupid enough to keep the Tories in power, but based on this - so far - maybe there is hope.

Well my local has pretty much ousted the Conservatives. 1 seat left to count.

The one I voted in (my village as part of Wakefield) was conservative, he’s my local greengrocer. He wasn’t going to get my vote anyway, but he cemented that feeling when I phoned his shop a few months back looking for pearl onions and the young lad (about 18) asked and I heard him basically berate the poor lad telling him they had none and won’t be getting any but in a nasty horrid way.

Absolute asswipe of a human.

IMG_9570.jpeg

The one I voted in (my village as part of Wakefield) was conservative, he’s my local greengrocer. He wasn’t going to get my vote anyway, but he cemented that feeling when I phoned his shop a few months back looking for pearl onions and the young lad (about 18) asked and I heard him basically berate the poor lad telling him they had none and won’t be getting any but in a nasty horrid way.

Absolute asswipe of a human.
While I'm keen to see the Tories get destroyed, I do think it's important to keep this kind of stuff in mind, irrespective of who the candidate represents.

There was no election in my constituency, though I'd image we'd be a CON hold, or a NOC at best.

I have to say, the coronation is extreeeeemely well organised. So much so they've managed to arrest peaceful protesters for breach of the peace before they've even started protesting! They need people with that sort of efficiency working for TfL, I tells ya.

Venn Diagram:

People who think the Archbishop of Canterbury should stay out of politics because of his Lords speech criticising the Migration Bill

and

People who loved the coronation

Resulting shape: A near perfect circle.

Back