British Touring Car Championship Game and Esport Series Confirmed, Scheduled for 2022

I really hope that the cars and tracks of TOCA 2 will be in this game. I loved the Nissan Primera.

Hopes are high - it'll be like waiting for the first Project Cars again. Thats the only game thats got close to those TOCA vibes. We need a full championship with all the British tracks,the 1996/97/98 cars....i want to be blasting down the Donington straight in a muddy Volvo estate with a bumper hanging off....2 laps to go and youre chasing a Primera and a Laguna.

Hopes are high - it'll be like waiting for the first Project Cars again. Thats the only game thats got close to those TOCA vibes. We need a full championship with all the British tracks,the 1996/97/98 cars....i want to be blasting down the Donington straight in a muddy Volvo estate with a bumper hanging off....2 laps to go and youre chasing a Primera and a Laguna.

YES! You've captured EXACTLY what we want!

MotorsportGamesRoadmap.JPG

BTCC license until 2026 with anual games.
https://ir.motorsportgames.com/static-files/9c784916-e370-47eb-8665-9ef902e0a972

From the venn diagram showing realism vs audience, it seems like they're aiming for the Forza/GT level of realism. It's a good target, but whether they will achieve it or not is another question (I never played the NASCAR games so I dunno how highly rated their physics are).

The only reason I have a little optimism left for their other games is that the road course racing in Ignition seems to be decent (at least from the videos I've watched, it hasn't been discounted enough yet to make me consider buying it) and most of the bigger issues are specific to oval racing.

Having said that the silence really diminishes what optimism I have. I don't need a constant flow of information, but I think even just doing a monthly update like PG/T10 and Reiza do is a great way to build good will in the community, which buys you some time when 🤬 inevitably hits the fan.

Last edited:
Hopefully they have learned lessons from Ignition and BTCC turns out better. To me Ignition seems like a total rush job that was pushed through QA to meet a deadline

kjb
Hopefully they have learned lessons from Ignition and BTCC turns out better. To me Ignition seems like a total rush job that was pushed through QA to meet a deadline
This is my exact concern. Since they've released only one game in Ignition then there will be concerns about the quality in relation to that. However, as others have said, it's a different studio. So it might relate to company philosophy and culture or absolutely nothing at all.

Meet Bertha! She's been causing nightmares on Playstation since April of last year! 🔥🔥🔥

Attachments

• 17efe76eeaf30-screenshotUrl~3.jpg
    17efe76eeaf30-screenshotUrl~3.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 16
Wow there may not even be a new NASCAR game this year! Shame I was willing to give them another chance too.

Last edited:
Wow there may not even be a new NASCAR game this year! Shame I was willing to give them another chance too.
I'd imagine barring a complete shutdown of the company they will get a NASCAR game out in order to comply with the yearly release requirement of the license. At this point though I wouldn't expect much more than NASCAR 21 with a new coat of paint, granted that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if they also fixed the many issues with the game.
There is a footnote for BTCC
True, it's rather concerning though when a game silently goes from "Coming in 2022" to "TBD", doubly so when a planned Early Access release is seemingly cut at the same time.

Back