British Tourist Racks up $46,000 in Traffic Fines While on Holiday in Dubai

Not sure if Lambo Man is a 🤬 or a badass.

DBcUtoo.png

Sure we all know when on holidays and you rent a car that you are immune to any laws, Not!
This guy isn't the sharpest tool in the box :)

Sure we all know when on holidays and you rent a car that you are immune to any laws, Not!
This guy isn't the sharpest tool in the box :)

I'm not so sure about either of your sentences, at least when it comes to Dubai.

The co-owner of Saeed Ali Rent a Car, Faris Iqbal, is currently attempting to get it back but he isn’t trying too hard. That’s because if he succeeds the cops will impound the car and he’ll be responsible for the fines.

He’s even attempted to stop the tourist from leaving the country, paying over $300 to unsuccessfully apply for a travel ban.

Seems like all he has to do is get out of the country and he is off the hook.

What kind of coincidence is this !?
I'm already in Dubai for a one week vacation!
My rental car is just a 2018 KIA Picanto ( 4 door small hatch back ) an FF car with a small engine and about less than 100 hp.
To be very honest - that's the perfect car for every tourist since the speed limit mostly there are 40 Kph around towns.
60 kph sometimes for a little speedy roads.
On most highways it is between 80 & 90 kph.
But rarely on motorways you get 120 kph speed limits.
Not to mention the insane number of CCTV cameras & speed traps.
On that little small hatch - hilariously - i can achieve 40 kph cruising by only keeping the A/C on after leaving the throttle, and the car manually cruise at 40 kph since RPM automatically goes higher when the A/C is switched on LOL
At some downhill bridges - their steepness helps you achieve 60 kph speed limit while relying on A/C alone - without touching the throttle LOL
I don't even need too much effort with the throttle in that little hatchback to reach the speed limit LOL
so driving a freaken V10 supercar there is like asking others to "just" look at your car more than showing off it's speed X)

PS : to be honest guys - just 1 week in dubai is really expensive even with just one of the cheapest hatchbacks rental cars there, and i'm still fighting the expensiveness to survive just 1 week there!

Last edited:
Back