Brno Circuit - Masarykův okruh

• Thread starter heymi79
  • 12 comments
Czech Republic
Czech Republic
Heymi9615
logo-amd.png

220px-Brno_%28formerly_Masaryk%C5%AFv_okruh%29.svg.png

Just a little note that this great track will be in Project CARS. They just showed some fantastic updates last night @ WMD. Fun times ahead! :D

How about the old Masaryk Ring then?

"The Masaryk Ring near Brno was the longest circuit used in Grand Prix racing in the 30's. The site of the Czech Grand Prix was named after their founding President Thomas Garrigue Masaryk. Half the circuit used the national highway and the other half was on local district roads. The local roads were narrow and very bumpy. Because of the length of the circuit crowd control was problematical. In 1937 Herman Lang lost control and crashed into a crowd of spectators who were standing in a prohibited area.
Length: 29.14 km (18.10 miles)Fastest Lap: Caracciola (1937) - 11 min. 59.3 sec. 145.9 km/h (90.66 mph)"
http://www.grandprixhistory.org/track.htm

How about the old Masaryk Ring then?

"The Masaryk Ring near Brno was the longest circuit used in Grand Prix racing in the 30's. The site of the Czech Grand Prix was named after their founding President Thomas Garrigue Masaryk. Half the circuit used the national highway and the other half was on local district roads. The local roads were narrow and very bumpy. Because of the length of the circuit crowd control was problematical. In 1937 Herman Lang lost control and crashed into a crowd of spectators who were standing in a prohibited area.
Length: 29.14 km (18.10 miles)Fastest Lap: Caracciola (1937) - 11 min. 59.3 sec. 145.9 km/h (90.66 mph)"
http://www.grandprixhistory.org/track.htm
Yeah,that was great idea,but chances for this long historic tracks in Gran Turismo are very small. I was played this track in GTR2 on PC,it´s great.

Last edited:
Love this circuit. It has technical sections and a nice elevation change too. I won my first ever online race here in ToCA Race Driver 2 with Ekstrom's Audi A4 DTM Red Bull with my stomach full of butterflies. It will always have a special place in my heart because of that.

Awesome circuit with lots of history.

Here's a modern onboard

And a classic of one of '86 layout (lap starts at about 3:20)

And some classic ETCC footage because it's awesome. Those Volvos look sick :drool:

Back