Brook Super Converter

• Thread starter HERE4BEER3
  • 56 comments
Canada
Canada
I've been thinking of getting one to make use of my old Logitech Driving Force GT.

Does anyone use the Converter? Does the force feedback work? I've heard from some that it doesn't but a Brook video claimed it does. Are you able to re-map the buttons? I'm basically after any info from someone who owns one and uses it for GT Sport to give me some piece of mind.

Thanks!

I've been thinking of getting one to make use of my old Logitech Driving Force GT.

Does anyone use the Converter? Does the force feedback work? I've heard from some that it doesn't but a Brook video claimed it does. Are you able to re-map the buttons? I'm basically after any info from someone who owns one and uses it for GT Sport to give me some piece of mind.

Thanks!
Yes it all works. You will have to update the converter I had three updates to do. The force feedback works and all the buttons work. Much cheaper than a new wheel. Make sure you get the ps3 to PS4 converter because they make several different ones.

Thanks!

Yes, the Brook Converter works perfectly. You can remap all buttons, the adjustment dial and shifter also work as required. At first the steering takes some time to adapt to; it appears to be unusually light compared to the controller, but after a while it's fine. The only other thing you'll need to do is press the brake pedal each time you start GTS otherwise it'll be hyper sensitive playing, I think this used to happen with GT6. Well worth £30 odd.

Thanks for the reply :cheers:.

I have looked at that one too but I want to hold off until I find out some solid information about the Brook one. I'd be pretty unhappy knowing I spent 3 times what I needed to, if I found out later that it works well.

I got mine, works with the GFGT well, force feedback and all. My laps times are abysmal right now but I just need to get used to a wheel again. I had a heck of a time updating the firmware though.

Soooo, for future reference, before putting the converter in your PS4, put it in your computer. and you have to update it.

Go to www.brookaccessory.com/download/, find the proper PS3-PS4 link. (updates will be a .exe file in a zip archive)
***You'll have to go to the very bottom of the list, open that google drive link first*** and download that update there, v1.7 I believe, before you try downloading any from the list. That's the part that had me frustrated, there is really no proper instruction on Brook's site.

The light on the Converter stick should turn purple after it's done.

There is also 2 updates called something like "PS3-PS4 steering wheel update", one works one doesn't. I think I had success with the link closest to the bottom of the list, but no harm in trying both.

If the update was successful the .exe will say so and the light on the converter should turn from purple back to it's original blue.

Hello, I have a particular question:

I've discovered that with the Brook Super Converter (PS3 controller to PS4), one can use PS3 controller with PS4.

My question is that with the Brook Super Converter attached to PS4 with the Dual Shock 3, will the PS4 will be able to register pressure on the face buttons. I 'm quite curious about it.

I've asked this questions on Youtube. One have said that the programmers haven't implemented face buttons controls because PS4 controller itself doesn't has any. And the other is not so sure if it carries over or not.

I'm starting to believe that PS4 controls is both hardware and videogame itself are programmed specifically for Dual Shock 4 and that even with the Brook Super Converter, the PS4 still registers Dual Shock 3 as Dual Shock 4, so the PS4 will overlook the analog controls of Dual Shock 3.

I haven’t done this, however, so there’s that possibility it could work or couldn’t work, most likely it will not work, but I don’t know.

Got a question to the Brook users,

I´ve bought the ps3 to s4 converter and did the update for wheels.
Seems to work so far, but when it comes to driving i got a big problem.
When i touch the wheel it steers full left or full right, nothing in between, what am i doing wrong ?

Got a question to the Brook users,

I´ve bought the ps3 to s4 converter and did the update for wheels.
Seems to work so far, but when it comes to driving i got a big problem.
When i touch the wheel it steers full left or full right, nothing in between, what am i doing wrong ?
I had exactly the same experience just last month. Haven't been able to find any remedies yet :grumpy:.

Let me know if it works for you too ...
You, my good sir, are an absolute legend :bowdown:. It worked perfectly 👍.

Now I'll just need to remap some buttons to be more user friendly and relearn to drive again.

Thank you, thank you, thank you 👍:bowdown:.

Hi, I've just bought a white Brook adaptor to connect a driving force GT to my PS4. I've got it working with a PS3 pad but the DFGT doesn't register any inputs.

I've downloaded the 1.7 update from the google drive as described above, and that seemed to install successfully. I chose the standard version that results in a blue, rather than purple, light.

When I try to apply the "(For SteeringWheel)PS3 to PS4" update, PS3toPS4_SteeringWheel_Online_201804.exe runs, and when I start the update the purple light on the adaptor flashes, but the update never completes. The screen just has the brook logo and instructions that say DO NOT remove the converter. It's been over 30 minutes and there isn't a progress bar or anything like that to indicate how long I should wait.

How long should the steering wheel update take?

Thanks for the replies. They helped me establish that there was a problem, not just a slow update.

I tried on another PC and made sure to disable antivirus and it worked. Not sure which was the problem but I suspect it was the AV.

Hey guys, so I just got the Brook converter and I have a GT LPRC 14500. I am currently on a Mac and when I tried to download the google drive file as instructed above, it doesn't seem to work because it is meant for PC.

Anybody know any ways I could get around this and download the file to my brook. Wasted 40$ if I can't find a solution.

Hey guys, so I just got the Brook converter and I have a GT LPRC 14500. I am currently on a Mac and when I tried to download the google drive file as instructed above, it doesn't seem to work because it is meant for PC.

Anybody know any ways I could get around this and download the file to my brook. Wasted 40$ if I can't find a solution.

Try this one ...

Attachments

• PS3toPS4_MacRW_Online_201803.zip
    3 MB · Views: 44
Now it seems the brook converter doesn't even 'turn on' (no light appears when I connect it to anything) Having real issues

Maybe sneak of to a library or use a work/school PC lol. Depends if that's worth 40$ to you or not.

When I did it, I had to download that google drive file before the update would register.

If that drive file doesn't work on Mac and the update alone isn't working I'm sorry, I'm not sure what else to tell other than to find a PC you can use.

Maybe sneak of to a library or use a work/school PC lol. Depends if that's worth 40$ to you or not.

When I did it, I had to download that google drive file before the update would register.

If that drive file doesn't work on Mac and the update alone isn't working I'm sorry, I'm not sure what else to tell other than to find a PC you can use.

seems to be a good idea !

When I downloaded the update file on my main PC it failed to complete the update install from there after many, many tries. :indiff:
I had to put the update file on a USB stick and take it to a PC I have in another room where the update install miraculously worked first time. :odd: :lol:

Hey, thanks for all the help I really appreciate it. For some reason, I got a PC and got the download to pop up but my Brook converter, even when plugged in doesn't get a signal. The light doesn't even turn on...? Any help? Thanks.

What is the output signal in this converter? Is it pad or does the game register racing wheel as a wheel??
Tried to search info on manufacturers page, but could not find the answer.

What is the output signal in this converter? Is it pad or does the game register racing wheel as a wheel??
Tried to search info on manufacturers page, but could not find the answer.
There are actually updates available on Brooks' site to do both. The wheel setting seems to mimics the G29.

Hey Guys,
got a little Force-Feedback problem with my Logitech Driving Force GT on Dirt Rally on PS4 (for some of you it seems to work just fine in this setup?): I updated the (white) PS3toPS4-Converter with the currently available update-file from http://www.brookaccessory.com/download/ ("(For SteeringWheel)PS3 to PS4" - v2.1). Checked the compatibility box, the light on the converter went to purple and back to blue.
All the buttons work, I can steer, the pedals work and it does seem to give me feedback to whats happening on the road in Dirt Rally. But it always autocenters with maximum force (seems like the softlock is set to zero degrees?) and I have to really wrestle with the wheel to generate steering input. Tried the different presets in the wheel-settings within Dirt Rally (Logitech, Fantec and the thrid one), fiddled with the different Force-Feedback-Settings but to no avail..
Anyone got a hint how to solve this? Thanks in advance!

Back