Brook Super Converter

• Thread starter HERE4BEER3
  • 56 comments
Hi. I’m looking for some help and advice. I just got a g27 wheel and a brook adapter. However I have no idea how to properly connect it. So far I’ve just been plugging it in to the adapter and then to the ps4 but nothing on the wheel works that way. Do I need to be doing things like disconnecting the ps4 controller wirelessly and using it only with a usb wire? And using a usb hub?

Can you please explain what I’m doing wrong and how to get me wheel working on my ps4? I’m sure I’m missing steps.

I’ve already done the update for the wheel on the brook adapter on a pc.

Hi. I’m looking for some help and advice. I just got a g27 wheel and a brook adapter. However I have no idea how to properly connect it. So far I’ve just been plugging it in to the adapter and then to the ps4 but nothing on the wheel works that way. Do I need to be doing things like disconnecting the ps4 controller wirelessly and using it only with a usb wire? And using a usb hub?

Can you please explain what I’m doing wrong and how to get me wheel working on my ps4? I’m sure I’m missing steps.

I’ve already done the update for the wheel on the brook adapter on a pc.
Check out this post here...
But i did...
Maybe i can help you, check the Picture with instructions.
Mine works fine now ! :gtpflag:

Hope this helps you too !
If you've done all.of this to update your brook USB. The next step is to plug the wheel into the PS4 using the converter and the button on the wheel that corresponds to the PS button. Think it might be the bottom left hand red button :confused:, that should bring up the controller user select screen. Select the profile you want to use and it should activate the wheel.

Good luck! If you still have issues just reply and we'll try any get you sorted out 👍.

Ok thanks for the info! First difference I see is that if I go to brook download site it’s listing the steering wheel update with 2018/03. And in the pic you posted I see 2018/04. So it seems you have a later version? Are you able to share your later version or email it to me? Also I’ve read mixed reviews that I need to update my brook adapter to v1.7 before I do the steering wheel update? Is that correct?

Also do I need to disconnect the ps4 controller wirelessly and connect it with a usb wire? And plug both the wheel and ps4 controller into a usb hub? I’ve seen YouTube videos of people doing this but I’m not sure if it’s right. What are you guys doing today?

Currently when I plug the wheel into the brook adapter it just spins and calibrates but no buttons do anything.

I have not yet done the v1.7 update but not sure if that’s what needs to be done.

Attachments

• 87E64524-132D-4E2B-8B58-5B75C83F9EEB.png
    87E64524-132D-4E2B-8B58-5B75C83F9EEB.png
    27.2 KB · Views: 31
  • D2888E5C-8763-4C55-9D65-4947AB5711B2.png
    D2888E5C-8763-4C55-9D65-4947AB5711B2.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 28
First difference I see is that if I go to brook download site it’s listing the steering wheel update with 2018/03. And in the pic you posted I see 2018/04. So it seems you have a later version? Are you able to share your later version or email it to me? Also I’ve read mixed reviews that I need to update my brook adapter to v1.7 before I do the steering wheel update? Is that correct
Not sure if you need to do the v1.7 update first, I think that might be just for the controller option rather than the wheel :confused:. But the version on Brooks download page here is the one I have.
Screenshot_20190901-203527_Chrome.jpg

Also do I need to disconnect the ps4 controller wirelessly and connect it with a usb wire? And plug both the wheel and ps4 controller into a usb hub? I’ve seen YouTube videos of people doing this but I’m not sure if it’s right. What are you guys doing
You shouldn't need the PS4 controller at all once the console is on and you are logged in, but it's best to leave it switched on until you have the wheel up and running, you might need to use it to configure the controls once you're on the game. But you shouldn't need to connect the PS4 controller with the wire, no. Just the wheel via the USB adapter 👍.

Currently when I plug the wheel into the brook adapter it just spins and calibrates but no buttons do anything.
The Brooks site says after the wheel is powered up you must press the lower left- hand red button on the wheel to acrivate the USB adapter.

Here's a link to the support page I found
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw1YwcmRm03sxVfbVZrS0L3A&cshid=1567367133976

Pressing this button should bring up the log-in page for your controller profile, just select the profile you want to associate it with and it should now work fine.

:cheers:

Ok thanks again for the info. My main problem now is that I plug the wheel into the adapter and it calibrates. Then I press the left lower button but nothing at all works! Actually no buttons respond at all except for one random button on the shifter (it seems to act like the ps button). But pressing it serves no function. It just brings up the option to change log in profiles on the ps4. So I’m stuck there.

Ok thanks again for the info. My main problem now is that I plug the wheel into the adapter and it calibrates. Then I press the left lower button but nothing at all works! Actually no buttons respond at all except for one random button on the shifter (it seems to act like the ps button). But pressing it serves no function. It just brings up the option to change log in profiles on the ps4. So I’m stuck there.
Try using the shifter's direction buttons and X button to select the user profile. That's all I need to do to get mine working from that point.

I’ll try. If it doesn’t work I might try making a video to show you what it’s doing. When I say it’s going to profile screen i mean the one to select different profiles in the ps4. I’m never actually able to see the brook adapter menus

I’ll try. If it doesn’t work I might try making a video to show you what it’s doing. When I say it’s going to profile screen i mean the one to select different profiles in the ps4. I’m never actually able to see the brook adapter menus
That's the screen It takes me to too 👍, this just let's the PS4 know which gamer profile to assign to the controller/wheel. After that the D-pad and function buttons on the shifter should all work the same as on the DS4 and allow you to scroll/access the PS4 menu as normal.

Hope you get it going :cheers:

That's the screen It takes me to too 👍, this just let's the PS4 know which gamer profile to assign to the controller/wheel. After that the D-pad and function buttons on the shifter should all work the same as on the DS4 and allow you to scroll/access the PS4 menu as normal.

Hope you get it going :cheers:

Ok so I tried updating the brook adapter again. It will only update without the wheel plugged into it. If I plug the wheel into it it will fail the update. As it is now I can use the second shifter button as the ps button. And I can select my profile and log into and use the direction pad to scroll left and right. But the buttons on the wheel and pedals still don’t do anything. How do I get into the brook mapping screen? That’s my main problem now. And I’ve also read someone said use the g29 settings for the g27? How do I do that? Is there a link I can download them? How do I install those settings?

Correction. According to this pic from brook site my shifter buttons are working as well as L1 and R1 on paddle shifters. But I still haven’t found out how to enter settings mode or how to get into the remapping section of the brook adapter on the ps4. Can you please help?

Attachments

• 3044FB62-B4B4-4D5D-9002-7CC68081E1B4.png
    3044FB62-B4B4-4D5D-9002-7CC68081E1B4.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 57
Correction. According to this pic from brook site my shifter buttons are working as well as L1 and R1 on paddle shifters. But I still haven’t found out how to enter settings mode or how to get into the remapping section of the brook adapter on the ps4. Can you please help?
OK first, I've never seen that picture with the controls on it, that may be helpful and explain a couple of things I've had issues with. Thanks for that :bowdown: :cheers:

Now back to your problem.

The wheel doesn't need to be plugged onto the USB during the update, IIRC you need the DS4 to be plugged into it to put the USB to put it in update mode/close update mode, while it's attached to the PC. You only need to plug the wheel in on the PS4 :)

If you have the buttons working as you say, it sounds like the update was done ok ;tup:. To configure the controls you need to go to the in-game menus on GT Sport and select the option for G29 (the brook adapter mimics the G29 input signal with the G27 plugged in) This will show you how the controls are mapped on the G29 and let you make changes to the set-up to suit your needs. I think you go to the game's option menu, use R1 or scroll to the controller tab, and the G29 should be in the bottom left corner of the screen.

Hope this helps 👍

Me, I've going to investigate that controller map diagram of yours and see it it helps me get more control options back, I had to drop the E-brake to get DRS,I had no idea one of the buttons acted as a "shift key" :dopey:

Ok thanks. I wasn’t trying to get the settings menu on any game. I thought you could do it just on the ps4 main screen. So you mean I can’t use this wheel for any game? I need to use it in specific games?

I’ll try downloading the gt sport game and try later.

Ok thanks. I wasn’t trying to get the settings menu on any game. I thought you could do it just on the ps4 main screen. So you mean I can’t use this wheel for any game? I need to use it in specific games?

I’ll try downloading the gt sport game and try later.
I think you should be able to do the same with any game you can use it with. I only mentioned GTSport, because it's the GTSport forum you posted on.

Well as of now I only have control over shifter buttons and the paddle buttons. Is there a way to enter settings on the brook adapter to remap it or is that only within the game?

Well as of now I only have control over shifter buttons and the paddle buttons. Is there a way to enter settings on the brook adapter to remap it or is that only within the game?
This is going to sound like a stupid question, but have you tried driving with it yet?

When I did the update, the steering wheel and pedals all worked fine once I went to the track, they have no use in the menus as far as I recall.

As far as I'm aware, there is no way to access the Brooks adapter to reconfigure it. The only reconfiguration I did was in the game's menu.

Last edited:
Ok thanks. No I did not try it on gt sport because I don’t have it yet. I tried it on a really cheap kids car game but I’m guessing the game didn’t have the capability of choosing a wheel in gameplay. I just thought I should have full responses to all buttons even in the ps4 menus. I guess that was my mistake. I will try tonight with a group sport game and get back to you

Check out this post here...
If you've done all.of this to update your brook USB. The next step is to plug the wheel into the PS4 using the converter and the button on the wheel that corresponds to the PS button. Think it might be the bottom left hand red button :confused:, that should bring up the controller user select screen. Select the profile you want to use and it should activate the wheel.

Good luck! If you still have issues just reply and we'll try any get you sorted out 👍.

Hi I have a very strange problem. So I got the updates done and the wheel work on the home screen. But when I go to play need for speed 2015 nothing working.. Can't even press x to continue so I'm just stuck there. Only button that work is back onto the home screen of the ps4. Is it just certain games will not work with it? Or will all games do this. I'm installing DRIVECLUB atm and hope it at least works.

Hi I have a very strange problem. So I got the updates done and the wheel work on the home screen. But when I go to play need for speed 2015 nothing working.. Can't even press x to continue so I'm just stuck there. Only button that work is back onto the home screen of the ps4. Is it just certain games will not work with it? Or will all games do this. I'm installing DRIVECLUB atm and hope it at least works.
I honestly can't say. I've only ever tried it with GT Sport.
:cheers:

I had the same problem with my Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel not working at all (updated adapter with the latest wheel firmware from Brook). The problem was that there is also no PS button on this wheel. The trick to getting it to be recognized was to press the L3 + R3 buttons simultaneously (that’s the PS button). Once I did that my PS4 (with latest firmware) recognized the wheel and all buttons and worked perfectly for me in GT.

Hey, does anyone know if the brooke super converter will work for PS4 in F1 2019 with Driving Force GT? I'm thinking about buying a converter but I don't want to waste money if it won't work.

I had the same problem with my Logitech Driving Force Pro wheel not working at all (updated adapter with the latest wheel firmware from Brook). The problem was that there is also no PS button on this wheel. The trick to getting it to be recognized was to press the L3 + R3 buttons simultaneously (that’s the PS button). Once I did that my PS4 (with latest firmware) recognized the wheel and all buttons and worked perfectly for me in GT.

Hi Jack,

When you say..."Once I did that my PS4 (with latest firmware)"... Are you reffering to the PS4 itself?
Thank you!
PeterZ.

Hi Jack,

When you say..."Once I did that my PS4 (with latest firmware)"... Are you reffering to the PS4 itself?
Thank you!
PeterZ.
From what I'm reading, the firmware update is for the adapter not the PS4. He is explaining that after doing the update and finding what constituted the PS button on his wheel and pressing that combo to activate the wheel and adapter for use, it worked as it should.

Hope this helps.

Hey, does anyone know if the brooke super converter will work for PS4 in F1 2019 with Driving Force GT? I'm thinking about buying a converter but I don't want to waste money if it won't work.
Damn, sorry missed this and it was a long time ago. It worked on F1 2019, A.C.C, and Project Cars 2 with the G27, so I'd imagine it'd be the same with the Dribing Force GT.

Anyone had this up and running with the Logitech dfgt on a Ps5? Got it to work but it often disconnects or becomes unresponsive… hoping to get this figured out before GT7 come s out

Anyone had this up and running with the Logitech dfgt on a Ps5? Got it to work but it often disconnects or becomes unresponsive… hoping to get this figured out before GT7 come s out
By any chance you still have the files for that updater?

Latest Posts

Back