• Thread starter BryCivicSi
  • 37 comments
United States
Lexington, KY
bryphotoguy
BryCivicSi
6578693353_20b1748f86_z.jpg

Welcome to my tuning shop.

I am just getting into tuning and thought this might be a good place to get some exposure. I prefer lightness, balance and grip over speed and flash. I try to avoid using aero modifications as much as possible.

I tune my cars using my controller with all handicaps or assists turned off meaning no ABS, sim steering, no TC or SC, and manual w/ clutch.

As no one rates my rides, I decided to delete all of my tunes. If there is something you are looking for, PM me and I am willing to accommodate you for a price of course. Custom muscle car builds welcome.

Regular B-class cars in my Tuning Garage:

AMC Pacer X
Chevy Camaro SS '69
Chevy Camaro Z28 '69
Chevy Impala SS
Chevy Nova 396 '70
Chevy Chevelle SS 454 '70
Chevy Chevelle SS 396 '67
Dodge Charger '69
Dodge Charger Daytona
Dodge Challenger
Ford Pinto
Ford Mustang GT '65
Ford Mustang Boss 429 '70
Plymouth Barracuda
Plymouth 'Cuda
Plymouth GTX
Pontiac GTO '65
Pontiac GTO Judge
Shelby GT500KR

1969 Oldsmobile Hurst/ Olds 442

Stats:
B500
384HP
500 ft/lbs of torque
3,240 lbs
Top speed- 140 MPH
0-60 MPH- 4.002 Secs
Lateral G's- 1.03 @ 60 MPH

Cost:
0 Cr.

Addition Info:
This is my third attempt to tame this beast. This car is faster than ever with lap times dropping .5 to 4 seconds. This car handles so well you forget your sitting in a 3200 pound rocket. This car now chirps the race tires in 2nd gear. Still, this isn't the fastest car around the track but you'll finish the race with a huge grin on your face.

Search gamertag:
brycivicsi

That 442 would look like it would handle like a horse. Honestly though, its quite the opposite really. Ever since you told me you were going to tune that car i was kinda iffy about it. Just cus the fact of the weight of the car, and the amount of oversteer(i thought it would have.)

I actually really liked the tune. It had a good amount of grip, a nice balance between understeer and oversteer, and surprisingly good braking. I guess you can say dont judge a book by its cover. I tried it on Laguna Seca and managed to come within 1 sec of my fastest tuned lap time and its funny because the car i used was ranked around 700th place.

All in all good tune, you seemed to catch on fast and you produced a good first tune.

If it wasn't for some help from you with a great starting point, I doubt I would have gotten the car where I wanted it. Being said, glad you enjoyed it. I think I put a minimum 100 laps into tuning it at Laguna Seca. And the general tune I put about 50 laps in at Catalunya plus a dozen or more at Indy and Infineon plus a few at almost every other popular track.
Even took the tune online to race the Ring last night and it felt awesome. I was keeping up with BMWs and MB without a sweat. And that's not a track I know well.
Thanks for the kind words and glad to hear you liked it. I like tuning cars people seem to avoid or forget about. The 442 to me feels like one of those muscle cars. The Super Bee and Dart get all the credit but as they say, "There's no replacement for displacement." And at 7.5L, you'd best be showing some respect.

Ok, well, the Pinto seems to be a big hit in the tuning world so I decided to scrap my tune. I downloaded a couple and found them better than something I could produce. So, I took the opportunity to tune a car I love to look at but rarely see on the track.

Code name 'Black Beauty', I am working on an A class Buick GNX tune with tasteful front and rear areo. It is a grip tune but so far is very fast and very manageable. I have yet to check any hot lap times but I've placed first online a couple of times, something I haven't managed to before in FM4.

So, look for a new tune this week.

I like your odd car choices for tuning. The "beta" tune was good. The odd thing about it is that it doesnt feel like its going fast, until you go and check your lap times haha.

The GNX tune should be available for download later this evening. I do have two more tunes in the works and should also be available later this week. These preview pics should be a good giveaway to what they are.

1987 Buick Regal GNX

Stats:
A600 aka Black Beauty
366HP
464 ft/lbs of torque
2,903 lbs
Front and rear adjustable aero, stock wheels
Brake pressure- ??
Top speed- 158 MPH
0-60 MPH- 3.184 Secs

Cost:
0 Cr.

Addition Info:
Good grip with great handling and decent turn-in response.
The car is very stable which make the car feel slower than it is.
Is surprisingly quick. Easily a top 1% car with multiple online wins.

Search gamertag:
brycivicsi

1999 Shelby Series 1

Stats:
A599
324HP
294 ft/lbs of torque
2,298 lbs
No aero, Advan wheels
Brake pressure- 107%
Top speed- 160 MPH
0-60 MPH- 3.491 Secs

Cost:
0 Cr.

Addition Info:
This car has an even 50/50 weight distribution. Great car around the corners which lends to earlier acceleration out of them. Not a fast accelerator compared to the GNX but 3-4th gear is where it shines. Overall it is even faster around the track than the GNX which is a fast car.

The custom two-tone dark blue/ black paint w/ dark grey wheels in also available for download for free.

Search gamertag:
brycivicsi

I havnt been able to try it out lately because i havnt spent alot of time of time on Forza, but ill see if i can get it in today.

I havnt been able to try it out lately because i havnt spent alot of time of time on Forza, but ill see if i can get it in today.

I'll send you the final tune shortly. I sent the car a couple days ago.

Yeah i recieved the car, just havnt got around to driving it. You were right about that rollbar though.

1966 Chevrolet Nova SS

Stats:
D350
350HP
360 ft/lbs of torque
3,122 lbs
No aero, Cragar Smoothie wheels
Brake pressure- 100%
Top speed- 160 MPH
0-60 MPH- 7.126 Secs

Cost:
0 Cr.

Addition Info:
I chose the Nova SS because of its weight. This is one of the lighter muscle cars so I chose it to focus most of the upgrades on the tires, suspension and brakes. The car is definitely not as fast as a Spark but looks and sounds a million times better. It is fun to drive and handles well for weighting 1.5 tons.

Search gamertag:
brycivicsi

Update:

I have two copies of my 442 Laguna Seca tune available. The GNX tune has a 4 star rating with 11 downloads currently so right now it is the top seller and performer in my shop.

I am going to take a short break from muscle cars. My next two tunes are going to be an S-Class RGT-8 w/o aero and a C-Class Honda Prelude with a RWD conversion, the Mugen kit but no aero. The RGT-8 with a rough tune is a very fast car with some incredible lap times around Camino Extreme. The Prelude right now is a little slow but fun. Expect them both within a week or two.

I wasnt able to try out the RGT8 you sent me, i cant even select it. I dont have the launch pack dlc :( Looking forward to the Prelude, its a good car to tune.

As soon as i click it a pop up comes up saying i cant use it, so i dont think i can even select any options. :/ ill try putting it on the storefront for cheap when we are online at the same time.

2000 Honda Prelude SiR

Stats:
C425
228HP
187 ft/lbs of torque
2,610 lbs
No aero, stock body, stock wheels
Top speed- 153 MPH
0-60 MPH- 5.436 Secs

Cost:
0 Cr.

Addition Info:
I redid this tune and consolidated the grip tune and speed tune into one much more refined tune. The car is fast and nimble. Top 1% car that is fun to drive and very easy to control.
I chose the Prelude SiR because I don't see it often. The Civic Si gets all the credit for being a decent leaderboard car and the Integra gets some love cause it's well, an Integra. The H22 is a great engine and the Prelude is a nice car to look at. And with these tunes, it can roll with them too.

Search gamertag:
brycivicsi

2011 Ruf RGT-8

Stats:
S700
564HP
384 ft/lbs of torque
2,947 lbs
No aero, ATS wheels
Top speed- 187 MPH
0-60 MPH- 3.437 Secs

Cost:
0 Cr.

Addition Info:
I chose this Ruf over the other two because I felt like I could modify it more to get this thing to handle how I want it to. And I did just that. Even with the engine in the trunk, this car behaves remarkably well. Very neutral no wheel slip out of corners and I refuse to use traction control.
This car has become my favorite car in game. It handles very well and fast too. I've managed a couple fastest laps online and I am not a top 500 driver. Not even a top 1000 driver. It is still a Porsche underneath so it feels great to tame such a beast.

Search gamertag:
brycivicsi

I'll try it out later tonight and give you some feedback. Unless i get to caught up with the new cars haha.

2011 Honda CR-Z EX

Stats:
B500
235HP
252 ft/lbs of torque
2,260 lbs
No aero, stock body, aftermarket wheels
Top speed- 153 MPH
0-60 MPH- 5.807 Secs

Cost:
0 Cr.

Addition Info:
I built this to challenge Imarobot in a tune-off. This car isn't the fastest in a straight line but corners like it's on rails which makes this an overall quick car. Its main problem is that it's a hybrid. Taking it out online against a GTX and the other car is louder so it is difficult to listen for shift points.

Search gamertag:
brycivicsi

2005 Acura NSX

Stats:
B500
290HP
225 ft/lbs of torque
3,043 lbs
No aero, aftermarket front bumper and spoiler, aftermarket wheels
Top speed- 171 MPH
0-60 MPH- 4.887 Secs

Cost:
0 Cr.

Addition Info:
I built this NSX for Suzuka a long while back but it was rough. So, I cleaned it up and this car is a rocket. It is fast, nimble, and a beauty. This is a top 1% car and a great online racer. When I use this car, I tend to hang in the top three places. Multiple online wins too.

Search gamertag:
brycivicsi

I went back and retuned the 442. I dropped the Laguna Seca specific tune. I did sell all 10 but when I went back, the new setup dropped my lap times on every track evenly so I didn't want to create another Laguna specific tune.
This car is more agile with better handling characteristics with more grip in the rear end. Now that I am better at setting tire pressures and toe, this car is significantly better. Each lap time around Infineon, Laguna Seca, and Indy GP dropped by a minimal 2 seconds.
I put 10 up in my storefront for free. Get one before they sell out!

Expect a big update this week. I probably tuned a dozen cars, mostly new but a few updates too. All muscle cars, all handle extremely well, and all but 2-3 are B class. Rest are A class. All tunes will still be completely free.

1970 Challenger R/T Hemi

Stats:
B500
425HP
490 ft/lbs of torque
3,525 lbs
Top speed- 153 MPH
0-60 MPH- 4.333 Secs
Lateral G's- 1.02 @ 60 MPH

Cost:
0 Cr.

Addition Info:
This is a great overall car. Fast times are around the Alps but great on any track with higher speed corners.
Neutral handling with lots of grip and fast acceleration.

Search gamertag:
brycivicsi

1968 Barracuda Formula-S

Stats:
B500
346HP
404 ft/lbs of torque
2,819 lbs
Top speed- 142 MPH
0-60 MPH- 4.655 Secs
Lateral G's- 1.06 @ 60 MPH

Cost:
0 Cr.

Addition Info:
This is a great technical track car. Fast times are around the Infineon but great on any track with lots of curves.
Neutral handling with lots of grip and fast acceleration.

Search gamertag:
brycivicsi

1971 GTX 426 Hemi

Stats:
B500
425HP
490 ft/lbs of torque
2,980 lbs
Top speed- 152 MPH
0-60 MPH- 4.178 Secs
Lateral G's- 0.95 @ 60 MPH

Cost:
0 Cr.

Addition Info:
This is a great accelerating car. Fast times are around the Indy Grand Prix but great on any track with lots of long straights.
Neutral handling with a moderate amount of grip and fast acceleration.

Search gamertag:
brycivicsi

1965 Mustang GT Coupe

Stats:
B500
292HP
336 ft/lbs of torque
2,182 lbs
Top speed- 142 MPH
0-60 MPH- 5.055 Secs
Lateral G's- 1.07 @ 60 MPH

Cost:
0 Cr.

Addition Info:
Despite the horsepower and 0-60 numbers for this pony car, this is a quick car around the track. Always get a podium finish online barring any horrible accidents. Favorite tracks for this car are Tsukuba and Camino. Blast to drive and lightning quick.

Search gamertag:
brycivicsi

Back