BSOD: Black Screen of Death ???

United States
New York, U.S.A
XxOnLySBz4mExX
This occurs when I am racing in an Online Lobby, the host starts the race and then a black loading screen comes up and never goes away. (Normally wheh I race online there is a short loading screen when the host starts the race.) I ultimately have to restart my PS3.

BTW: My NAT is type 2.

Does anyone else get the "BSOD"?

Thanks in advance, and sorry if I wasn't clear enough, it is hard to explain. :)

Last edited:
I had one online race about a month ago that went black for about 5 minutes while we waited for a new race to load. I could hear everyone complain about how slow it was. Then the race loaded and away we went. Has not happened since.

I had one online race about a month ago that went black for about 5 minutes while we waited for a new race to load. I could hear everyone complain about how slow it was. Then the race loaded and away we went. Has not happened since.

Yea, I can hear people complaining, but it doesn't really happen to me too often, when it does . . . 🤬

This happens to me all the time, am Nat type 2 aswel, I thought type 2 was the best setting?

This is very strange and annoying when am constantly having to reset console, pd sort it out, last month I was getting silver gt logo freeze, that got patched and now I've got this problem, am not impressed

This is very strange and annoying when am constantly having to reset console, pd sort it out, last month I was getting silver gt logo freeze, that got patched and now I've got this problem, am not impressed

I really hope this also gets patched, after I reset my ps3 I then must go cycling through (refreshing) open lobbies just to find the "perfect room" again. :(

I'm pretty sure it has to do with one of the players having a bad connection, and the host trying to pick it up over and over.

Last edited:
^

Yep, either a player has a really bad connection, or they join at a bad time. It's happened to me a few time where the person join and we just sit waiting to load forever.

My favorite is after a long black screen, the race starts a few seconds before you actually get into the race, and then you have half the people launching off while the other sit their confused.

Same here. Happened during my Lemons 100 Miles race at Trial Mountain. A dude leaves and, well, it works. Go figure!

My favorite is after a long black screen, the race starts a few seconds before you actually get into the race, and then you have half the people launching off while the other sit their confused.

That happened to me numerous times, my screen finishes loading and I start driving while everyone else just sits there in the starting grid, very unfair headstart so I just go park somewhere and wait for everyone else to start moving. :)

+1 Curtis, it's less likely to happen if all racers sit in the pits rather than be on track when the countdown reaches 0.

+1 Curtis, it's less likely to happen if all racers sit in the pits rather than be on track when the countdown reaches 0.

I still haven't found a case where this is true.

I have only had black screen twice and it immediately stopped when someone on a bad connection dropped out because of their connection.

It's no less likely to happen no matter where the drivers are.

This has happened to me a couple of times. I restarted at first, but you can just sign out of PSN and it will disco you from server.

This has happened to me a couple of times. I restarted at first, but you can just sign out of PSN and it will disco you from server.

👍 I am going to do that from now on (sign out of PSN from the XMB), instead of just restarting my PS3.

It's quite frequent im afraid, sometimes it will eventually load up after a minute or so whereas other times it'll take forever so it's a bit hit and miss. Must be a server timeout issue for those with bad connections or something

at least its not the error screen that shows you a picture of Greg Oden's penis before shutting down completely for an hour....

Happens to me also, once when the screen did come back on, me and another car was both crashed at the first corner, held the gas button down when the BSOF was on lol

@counter when u play online, and the host starts the race and the timer counts down, when it hits 0, a BLACK screen apeers for a second then all cars are lined up on the start line and the race starts.
Well sometimes it stays on that BLACK screen for a very long time, sometimes the race will start and other times it wont

Stop blaming the end-user. The servers are having problems...this much is clear. Direct your complaints at someone other than the room host. The room host is just the person who's been in the room the longest. Do you really think that has anything to do with anything?

P.D. and Sony need to fix this game.

Back