BST | V-Spec Challenge S6 | SkengD Win's Season 6! Stat's Up!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gedi69
  • 2,834 comments
  • 113,608 views
I like Pauls idea, a good and sensible one 👍 but it's not gonna be the difference between clean and not so clean racing as it has been the last 2 rounds. Nout to do with tyre wear the incidents Ive been looking at, it's just plain impatience, sloppyness, and over eagerness to not gain or lose a place.
 
Literally sloppy passing:'(
 
Why change our racing format coz a few ppl can't get to grips with it,I'm not a very good racer but I can adjust to it
 
Hence why I said "That is a weak arguement though since in S3 S4 there was little problems with that". It was just a thought.
 
Indy was loads of fun tho despite no podiums
 
While i remember can anyone tell me if you still need to enter the pits at 100mph or less to avoid pit hold? Watching the replays some are basically err not.:D
 
Im a dunce ignore this :)
 
Hold up a second what is going on ??

Just because some drivers (including myself) can´t handle the Heat of the Action (sometimes) you blame everyone and everything you (and we all) worked for the past Seasons ??

Come on don´t fall into negativity !!
The things you blame will always happen and always have happend.
It is a Touring Car class => tapps, nodges and tradeing paint are part of this formate.
And due to the fact that we are humans errors, misbrakings etc occur too.

Just head on to next race and keep the formate like it is.

Race1:
Well 3 weeks off of my PS3 didn´t cause me to be totally off pace.
Had a viciuos start I smoked you guys :D
Led the race almost sovereignly till lap 9/10/11.
In those laps I screwed it and lost an almost comfortable lead over Sumo of 1.7seconds.
He passed me and I couldn´t counter.
But Second is superb too and the 3way battle Carb, Sumo and I had was priceless
👍 to you.

Race 2:
Well here you could see my PS3 free times :D
My fastest Times where 1:31.6´s and during my 2nd stint I was doing consistant 1:32lows (till lap 15 of my 17-lap-stint).

First stint was totally crazy. Gedi and Nel where gone with the wind and the rest was fighting all over the place. Fairly and little overaggressive but I liked it 👍
Thats the sport you get here and which I love !

Well I was a bit overaggressive but I blame it on my long pause I had (cheap excuse :D).
Espacially against Sumo => BIG APOLOGIZE TOO YOU !!!

Well second stint was super lonesome for me tried to get cunny but either you did exactly the same pace as me or slightly faster (me think later fact).

Ended in 9th position.

I´m totally looking forward to next round *Yehaw*
 
I cannot believe the amount of complaining there is on here, i really don't see a problem:confused: I've watched both races and all ive seen is a bit of bumping here and there.

Quote "Bumping is a part of racing, however intentionally wrecking another car is not, and will not be tolerated"

There is no one on here who has or has tried to intentionally wreck someones race!! I wanted to watch my own race as im getting paranoid about my own driving due all the complaints going on behind the scenes. The 1st race where i made 2 passes on Gedi which i gave back due to me feeling i was being over aggressive, actually doesn't even look bad and gedi spun because of another driver, who also wasn't doing anything wrong.

Please lets get back to enjoying racing with each other! its getting far too serious for my liking...
 
Last couple of rounds havent been great Hanc though sifting through the replays hasnt been fun, and JB/Gedi cant just ignore complaints :(

But yeah agreed with you and Sakery theres been some great driving skill on display it isnt anywhere near as bad as it looks, just need some consisantcy in driving, in my opinion 👍
 
Sounds great Hanc but what your experiencing clearly isn't enough for some. We are still getting irate pm's from the usual suspects its not everyone:). The pm complaint labelled at me for example this week is frankly mind blowing having looked back with the stewards if thats classed as "horrendous" the old boy may aswell hang up his wheel now. :dopey::crazy:
Im more than happy to recapture the slightly more rubbins racing attitude towards this series god knows personally i would enjoy it more if i could relax a little:scared: its just the vibe we get is a little mixed as to what many of you want.:confused:
 
Last edited:
sounds great hanc but what your experiencing clearly isn't enough for some. We are still getting irate pm's from the usual suspects its not everyone:). The pm complaint labelled at me for example this week is frankly mind blowing having looked back with the stewards if thats classed as "horrendous" the old boy may aswell hang up his wheel now. :dopey::crazy:
Im more than happy to recapture the slightly more rubbins racing attitude towards this series god knows personally i would enjoy it more if i could relax a little:scared: Its just the vibe we get is a little mixed as to what many of you want.:confused:


+1
 
I have had good racing, with bumps. But sometimes they are always happening or theres just silly inpatient moves that happen, causing other drivers to lose places or be spun out.
Bumps and taps happen, but they shouldnt happen often. Most drivers are fair on here imo but they're some which are too aggressive and take the fun out of racing.👎
 
The aggressive thing is probably my biggest concern if im honest ive simply no clue how to iron it out of people or if its even possible:guilty:
 
It is a Touring Car class => tapps, nodges and tradeing paint are part of this formate.

Er, hehe, no it ain't mate. These are GT cars. In GT racing, drivers are a lot more careful when battling - and still they have more downforce and less weight than the cars we use. Nevertheless, there are people who are treating the racing like in BTCC. This is the problem.

A saloon touring car with front and rear downforce and only about 300bhp is an easy car to race so viciously with. They can take the punishment with little ill result.

Also, while I'm not going to presume to tell the organisers how to run an event, I do strongly recommend that they consider allowing Race Mediums, for the reasons I have previously mentioned.
 
If theres a season 7 Tyrrell by all means RM's will be considered (remembers complaints about too much grip back along):boggled:
 
Lol, with such heavyweight brutes as these, you can never have too much grip...!!

Out of curiosity, when in the race are most of the incidents taking place? First corner? First lap? Or any time during the race...? If it's either or both of the former, how about formation rolling starts, to space people out a bit before settling into the race proper?
 
Out of interest JB, why does it take so long to watch the replays of incidents? There can't be that many :)
 
It still doesn't stop the poor and aggressive overtakes.

Sorry tyrell but I was well up for your gig tonight but my net is being a dick still so I won't be able to make it but will do my upmost to make next week, goodluck with it tho 👍
 
Lol, with such heavyweight brutes as these, you can never have too much grip...!!

I have to agree. I am about the only guy on GTP who likes RS tyres.
 
Out of interest JB, why does it take so long to watch the replays of incidents? There can't be that many :)

To put it bluntly, you have no idea :crazy: :nervous:
 
Hopefully I'm way of here but I hope the fact I have put a "real prize" up for the winner has not created a group all or nothings with a "must win" attitude. I knew I was never in with a chance of the title, but I have been worse than I thought I would be -BUT I have had some of my best racing for a long time fighting for the lower places. I have been side by side through some corners with no bumping/pushing. I have always been very careful not waste any body's race and have noticed there are a few who have started to drive the same way. Racing this way will not win you any titles but when you manage to pass someone without nudging them first gives me a good feeling of achievement.

Toad Senior :)

Sorry to all those people that I have actually hit this season :dopey:
 
Hopefully I'm way of here but I hope the fact I have put a "real prize" up for the winner has not created a group all or nothings with a "must win" attitude. I knew I was never in with a chance of the title, but I have been worse than I thought I would be -BUT I have had some of my best racing for a long time fighting for the lower places. I have been side by side through some corners with no bumping/pushing. I have always been very careful not waste any body's race and have noticed there are a few who have started to drive the same way. Racing this way will not win you any titles but when you manage to pass someone without nudging them first gives me a good feeling of achievement.

Toad Senior :)

Sorry to all those people that I have actually hit this season :dopey:

And this just about sums up the attitude we want in our series 👍
 
Hopefully I'm way of here but I hope the fact I have put a "real prize" up for the winner has not created a group all or nothings with a "must win" attitude. I knew I was never in with a chance of the title, but I have been worse than I thought I would be -BUT I have had some of my best racing for a long time fighting for the lower places. I have been side by side through some corners with no bumping/pushing. I have always been very careful not waste any body's race and have noticed there are a few who have started to drive the same way. Racing this way will not win you any titles but when you manage to pass someone without nudging them first gives me a good feeling of achievement.

Toad Senior :)

Sorry to all those people that I have actually hit this season :dopey:

:bowdown:
 
Back