BST | V-Spec Challenge S6 | SkengD Win's Season 6! Stat's Up!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gedi69
  • 2,834 comments
  • 113,608 views
Out of interest JB, why does it take so long to watch the replays of incidents? There can't be that many :)

To get a fair and honest view if someone is reported i personally take the time to watch their entire race/races so i can couple together an overall picture of their driving. At the end of the day not everyone reports every incident against a serial offender they may be getting away with more than we realise.:yuck:
 
To put it bluntly, you have no idea :crazy: :nervous:

Well unless you guys are hitting each other off every other corner, shouldn't take long at all unless you actually go through the replays looking for incidents that weren't reported. :) Or doing corner cutting checks, now they take forever to do :(
 
Well unless you guys are hitting each other off every other corner, shouldn't take long at all unless you actually go through the replays looking for incidents that weren't reported. :) Or doing corner cutting checks, now they take forever to do :(

What Nel said with respect.:boggled:

Damn treble post sorry it was Furi's fault told me it was alright.
 
JB, triple post? Who do you think you are, Furi? :lol: :sly:

And yeah Spurgy my comment wasnt supposed to sound so dissmissive XD
 
Me said sorry 10000 before the end of the week.:crazy:
 
To get a fair and honest view if someone is reported i personally take the time to watch their entire race/races so i can couple together an overall picture of their driving. At the end of the day not everyone reports every incident against a serial offender they may be getting away with more than we realise.:yuck:

Good point, maybe just get people to report aggressive overtakes as well as major incidents. That way you should notice any problem drivers, just from what I've been reading, you've been putting a lot of effort into finding problems, instead of getting people to bring them to you which isn't fair on you and the other stewards :(

EDIT: You guys post too quickly :lol: Was just posting a suggestion, didn't mean to stick my nose in too much :p
 
Its cool Spurg maybe my way is a little too intense ive no idea really tbh.:lol: I just worry certain guys on here sorry have to mention Stu as an example would never dream of reporting anything i just hate the thought of fellas like that being shat on, being blunt.:)
 
Spurgy admitting someone else is quicker than him. Well theres something you just dont see :p
 
Stewards post :)
 
Anyone fancy a bit of practice? Im going online now
 
Watching the replays during steward duties I kept getting the feeling I had seen something like it before. Sorry before I get any further I should explain what I’m talking about. It was regarding 35 and Andy, sorry about naming but it saves people starting to try and guess concerned parties. Back on track, what it reminded me of was the feuds between Jason Plato and Matt Neil. Fun and entertaining to start with but soon took over from the actual racing. Like the real battle both parties were sometimes in the right, but also in the wrong and over the piece it probably evened its self out. I’m not sending you’s to your rooms but I want you both to pucker up, kiss and lets move on with a fresh sheet of paper. Lets make the rest of S6 go down in the annals of history as the best yet. We have well balanced cars (sls could do with another 100bhp) a good pack of drivers, a budding film director and a couple of founders who deserve great credit and an easy run for the rest of the season. Sorry for the long winded thread but this place has been my home on GTP and I’m slightly concerned about the future. I need to go lie down now, my head hurts.
xxx 35 xxx Andy hope you two take this in the way it’s meant. (no malice)

See what happens when you get old. I’m now the old man who puts everyone to sleep with his ramblings.

Toad Senior over and out.:grumpy: :sly:
 
Toad senior xxxxxxxxxxx
 
Can I have a PM of what I did wrong please?
 
Amen Toad senior.:bowdown:

Oh and that SLS will deffo get 10bhp nextime round.;) (i want it back)
 
Watching the replays during steward duties I kept getting the feeling I had seen something like it before. Sorry before I get any further I should explain what I’m talking about. It was regarding 35 and Andy, sorry about naming but it saves people starting to try and guess concerned parties. Back on track, what it reminded me of was the feuds between Jason Plato and Matt Neil. Fun and entertaining to start with but soon took over from the actual racing. Like the real battle both parties were sometimes in the right, but also in the wrong and over the piece it probably evened its self out. I’m not sending you’s to your rooms but I want you both to pucker up, kiss and lets move on with a fresh sheet of paper. Lets make the rest of S6 go down in the annals of history as the best yet. We have well balanced cars (sls could do with another 100bhp) a good pack of drivers, a budding film director and a couple of founders who deserve great credit and an easy run for the rest of the season. Sorry for the long winded thread but this place has been my home on GTP and I’m slightly concerned about the future. I need to go lie down now, my head hurts.
xxx 35 xxx Andy hope you two take this in the way it’s meant. (no malice)

See what happens when you get old. I’m now the old man who puts everyone to sleep with his ramblings.

Toad Senior over and out.:grumpy: :sly:

👍 👍 Either way the show will go on so no need for concerns :cheers:
 
Just fyi it's Matt Neal :lol:.
 
Hi guys just wondering if 1 of you can do me a favour :) (I Phone user)

My gtp app has deleted itself from my phone and I went to my AppStore to try and download it again but it's saying its not found :confused: so my favour is can 1 of you guys check there AppStore to see if they can find it as its really bugging me now why it's not there.

Many thanks TL 👍
 
I see the same thing not found
 
That's weired then,it's rather annoying.

Cheers Skeng 👍
 
@ Question for the kids there TL:dunce:

Guys bin digesting the feedback over the last few days and i got a query i would like answers on.:)
The feedback im getting is, the biggest pet hate is the dive/move whatever ya wanna call it:sly: up the inside of a corner resulting in a be it minimal contact pass and this should maybe be stamped out. Watching the replays theres a fair bit of it going on from all of us tbh.:guilty: Its funny because at times you can tell this has lit the blue touch paper watching how the person passed goes on the attack looking for the same move.:scared: I agree with Tyrrell this isnt BTCC where such a move is probably excepted. So what im saying is are we all prepared to except a move up the inside with minimal contact is ok?? (dont think i need explain minimal). Or if contact of anykind is made by the driver trying to make the move he should be prepared to yield and wait for another suitable oppotunity rather than simply keep nudging his way through? Obviously a move up the inside resulting in zero contact is perfectly exceptable.:) im not saying rule it out completely:crazy:
Either option is fine with me i would just like a general feeling of what the rest of you would prefare.👍

PS Who would have though in season 1 i would ever be asking such a question:lol:
 
I don't mind a bit of diving as long as it results in no contact and a clean, good pass. I do however have issues with someone doing it when it's quite clear that for one reason or another (tyre wear, high entry speed) they are going to end up running wide and pushing the target out along with them. The idea behind passing is to think it out before going for it under most circumstances, though I do understand I pushed it a bit far once or twice that night.
 
The thing that annoys me is when your doing a right turn you set yourself up on the left 1st to take the apex on the right and when you just about to hit the apex bang you get hit from someone, sorry but ppl know that this is the case for every corner to get a smooth exit, and when you are coming up to a corner you don't have time to check your mirrors to see where the drivers are.
If you are coming up to a corner and your not level or infront of a driver who is just about to take a turn then I think you should lift off a bit and wait until you can do it safely, the reason I say level or just Infront is so the car that is leading can see you and know what you are about to do.
 
The thing that annoys me is when your doing a right turn you set yourself up on the left 1st to take the apex on the right and when you just about to hit the apex bang you get hit from someone.

Behold, what I said but probably easier to visualise.
 
I don't so much mind the inside overtaking it is more a problem when the other person is clearly going to fast and you are acting as a wall stopping them going off.
 
Back