<- BTCC -> Honda Integra Cup Season 2 - rolo wins a title at the 13th attempt!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,178 comments
I'm back upto speed but still cheesed off. :(

Practice room is starting to fill up a little more now. Should be some good races prior to joining Rolo's lounge later. 👍

Sorry guys, I've found out I will need to be going out alot tonight to do some tasks so I'll be occupied during the time of racing :grumpy: so I doubt I'll make it tonight

Well hard night racing race 1 great for me.
But race 2 and well race 3 I just got the hump.

Draft I think ok makes racing fun, but wow some need to learn racing lines and when to brake.
Race 3 I was in the wrong but it took bad driving to push me to drive like I did.

I was so hoping for a report day free :(

All three races were bloody horrible because of some people's racing standards! fair enough i bumped a few people but i don't make ridiculous moves up the inside when there's little to no space. Ugh. Oh well, onto next week

All three races were bloody horrible because of some people's racing standards! fair enough i bumped a few people but i don't make ridiculous moves up the inside when there's little to no space. Ugh. Oh well, onto next week

Report what you can and we'll have a look 👍

Problem is, none of the incidents deem to be worth penalising in my opinion, it was just a frustrating night I guess.

Definitely a lot of pushing and shoving in all the races. Race 3, people just went absolutely crazy with the overtakes. But, I salvaged what I could from those races.

Race 2 and 3 were good for me. I got away in race 2 and avoided others which was lovely and race 3 was pretty damn difficult with only 283bhp. I bump drafted Skeng on the begining of lap 12 which in hindsight was a dumb idea. Skeng got Giorgio's draft which prevented me getting 2nd on the finish line. Oh for a crystal ball or Mystic Meg. :lol:

Race 1 was just annoying. I got locked into a battle and just couldn't make progress.

Deep Forest will be much more difficult for sure, that track is fairly evil but it's also a classic GT track and I'm looking forward to it. 👍

i know allot of people weren't happy with how i was driving tonight but honestly i dont see what i was doing wrong all i was doing was defending my line im not sure weather people dont like others putting up a fight or what? i drove the same as i always have tonight so im a bit confused :/
also in race 2 or 3 i cant remember but someone who was complaining about me flew down the inside of turn 1 and took out 3 people ahead of me, just one to take a little look at?

i know allot of people weren't happy with how i was driving tonight but honestly i dont see what i was doing wrong all i was doing was defending my line im not sure weather people dont like others putting up a fight or what? i drove the same as i always have tonight so im a bit confused :/
also in race 2 or 3 i cant remember but someone who was complaining about me flew down the inside of turn 1 and took out 3 people ahead of me, just one to take a little look at?

Please leave this kind of discussion to PMs, either with the drivers involved or with the stewards 👍

If you have any incidents you want the stewards to look at, please PM one of us :)

Didn't see any major incidents tonight. Just glad I wasn't the one causing them for a change. Few bumps and scrapes but all good, hard, clean racing from my point of view.

Race 2's disconnects were frustrating. Made some good moves first couple laps to keep up with the leaders. After the pit stop I somehow ended up 9th before getting dc'ed after first corner :banghead:

Race 3 was good. Kept my nose clean and ended up fighting for the lead. In the end I couldn't keep the big guys from getting past so ended up 4th but still a great result in my book. Will take 4th any day of the week.

If it looked like outbraked massively at turn 1 a few times it was because my L2 button wasn't responding fully so I wasn't getting full braking power to i tried my best to avoid people if it happened

Not 100% sure maybe draft being weak, makes others gamble.
Alex I've seen you drive better and wait for mistakes to happen.
But I guess we all going to make human errors in racing this close and one hell of a long staight.
This track never mind the power wanted draft there was battles for it.

Well I've got race 3 report ready and will send that to Skeng Rolo and Ian, bet I get some pens for my report :(
But to be fair I'm not sure we to blame or draft, some tracks favour weak to make things fair and close.
Some tracks favour real but it's not a setting that can be changed to suit the tracks.

It's real or it's weak and for this cup it's been set to weak.

Rolo Rules

As for my reports stewards will look at them, you get warnings to learn from.
It don't mean your a bad driver, pens just there to help

yeah looking back at it i think the big grid might of just put me under pressure a bit more that usual forcing me to be very defensive

just thinking about the draft monza is going to be very difficult as it is

yeah looking back at it i think the big grid might of just put me under pressure a bit more that usual forcing me to be very defensive

just thinking about the draft monza is going to be very difficult as it is
This just came to thought to be honest, it's going to be a mess :indiff:

This just came to thought to be honest, it's going to be a mess :indiff:
To be fair, it shouldn't be a mess, it only becomes a mess when people become too eager to overtake at every given opportunity and sometimes the overtake just isn't on. Patience is the key to making progress on these tracks, the quickest way to catch the pack ahead is to not fight for position too much with the other cars.....heck letting a faster driver through and then sticking to his bumper is sometimes the best strategy of all. :lol:

I think that the swap from Monaco to Tokyo might not have been the best idea.

To be fair, it shouldn't be a mess, it only becomes a mess when people become too eager to overtake at every given opportunity and sometimes the overtake just isn't on. Patience is the key to making progress on these tracks, the quickest way to catch the pack ahead is to not fight for position too much with the other cars.....heck letting a faster driver through and then sticking to his bumper is sometimes the best strategy of all. :lol:

I think that the swap from Monaco to Tokyo might not have been the best idea.
True, true, when me and @Kkj10 were fighting in Race 3 upfront I was urging him to try and not fight me so we didn't allow you, Skeng, Giorgio and Mad to catch up, so I was pushing him on the straight then he just defended etc. etc. but I don't see why he shouldn't defend... it's racing... lol. I eventually got swamped by you lot, and spat out behind you's then I was getting hounded and dragged into the Street-Rolo-Alex fight, and again I was spat out of that no matter how many times I tried to get 5th lol

Yeah, I agree, although Tokyo is a faster, more open track than Monaco, it still has a hard punishment for mistakes and the walls can be much closer than you think... (also, they seem to be bouncy :odd:) so this may cause a little scuffle somewhere at some point.

"Bouncy Walls." :lol: I find that some walls are magnetic too. :ouch:

Tokyo is a really fast track and mistakes are easily made. I suppose we could also argue that because Monaco is so narrow a mistake can become a larger hazard though....but at least the speeds are lower. For and against for both really.

I don't like street circuits anyway, I don't think of them as proper racing circuits. :lol: I like to have some grass to mow.

"Bouncy Walls." :lol: I find that some walls are magnetic too. :ouch:

Tokyo is a really fast track and mistakes are easily made. I suppose we could also argue that because Monaco is so narrow a mistake can become a larger hazard though....but at least the speeds are lower. For and against for both really.

I don't like street circuits anyway, I don't think of them as proper racing circuits. :lol: I like to have some grass to mow.
It's true hahaha :lol:

I all honesty. I would prefer Monaco over Tokyo, simply because it is prestigious and it would be quite special to win at Monaco. But, I agree, there are fors and againsts for both.

"I like to have some grass to mow"... "DIE GRASS, I WILL MOW YOU DOWN"... "I AM THE LAWNMOWER!"... :lol:

If driving standards weren't so awful at Cape Ring, Monaco would still be there.

I know I'm guilty too with my driving that day, but sometimes you've gotta earn that 'prestigious reward'.

If driving standards weren't so awful at Cape Ring, Monaco would still be there.

I know I'm guilty too with my driving that day, but sometimes you've gotta earn that 'prestigious reward'.
To be fair, I don't think Tokyo will be much cleaner than Monaco. :lol: Perhaps Tokyo reverse would have been a nice change though, we have done the usual direction a few times now.

Hate reverse tracks !!!

The weak draft is just to help the hp penalty people .

Perhaps we can look at smaller penalties and real draft in a future integra series .

I think switching Monaco was excellent , that was bound to be a nightmare

Hate reverse tracks !!!
@rolo912011 - Please race more reverse tracks. :mischievous:

:lol:

I'm not going to say that I 'like' reverse tracks, but it does at least give us something different and fresh. We did GVS reverse before (BTCC-6?) and I think that went quite well.

Its just me being lazy , hate to learn a new track unless its just fun straight away . I still havent learned Ascari.

Some reverse tracks are fun , I like trial mountain reverse , gvs east reverse and madrid reverse

I guess eventually Rolo might be forced to have a few reverse track races as we have basically done them all now .

Back