<- BTCC -> Honda Integra Cup Season 2 - rolo wins a title at the 13th attempt!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,178 comments
Gemasolar_4.jpg

I know, I know... Great Humberside Racing Plug!
I'm really pleased about how many people decided to fill out the questionnaire and put their thoughts out there. I've spent some time collecting people's thoughts on what they would like to see from the Series...

1) Would you be interested in keeping Pit Stops during the middle of the race?
11-1: This was very much decisive... The majority would still like to see Pit Stops during the middle of the race. Pit Stops will continue to have a Pit Window - and the only time the Pits will not be a factor for racing is if the track is known to have problems with the Pit Entry/Exit.

2) Would you be interested in running Multi-Compound Races?
6-5: This was a rather highly contested discussion. But really, running Multi-Compound races could only be more viable without the Pit Stops. So for now (until possibly the future), Multi-Compound Races like in the official BTCC will not occur.

3) How many Drop Scores would you like to see per Season?
Again, another closely contested question. There were four votes for having only 1 Drop Score - and six votes for having 2 Drop Scores. Really, 2 Drop Scores are probably more suitable as BTCC-9 will be an 8 Week Season.

4) What are your thoughts on a Support Series like the Mito Cup?
7-2: I found there to be some strong opinions on this one. Many drivers seemed interested in this One-Make Support Cup. So at the present moment, this will be added to the support package. But if there is not enough interest for it before the start of BTCC-9; then the idea may be dropped.

5) To bring better driving standards, new drivers should run a Season (or remainder) in the Mito Cup?
8-4: Many drivers warmed to the idea of new drivers competing in the Mito Cup for a while. But the point was raised that people may loose interest if they have to race an entire Season; and that running for 1-2 rounds may be more sufficient. @SkengD mentioned the idea of not making them take part at all in the Mito Cup and actually test them with a some other drivers on track in a racing situation before the evening of the Racing.

6) How would you feel about having Real Life Weather Conditions?
8-2: Many people favored the idea of more Real Life Weather Conditions. This would be worked on providing an Official Weather Forecast and drivers checking the Forecast every now and again before the Race Meeting. At the Meeting, I will set the Weather Conditions to based on what the Live Weather Feed tells me.

7) Would you like to see longer Pre-Qualifying and Qualifying Sessions?
6-3: Several drivers didn't want to see longer sessions for Qualifying. However, I think that increasing Pre-Qualifying to 10 Minutes and Qualifying to 15 Minutes would be sensible... And would not make the evening outrageously long.

I also asked you guys if you had any questions, here are the answers to some...

Will there be any success penalty applied for the race winner, like in the Integra Cup?
No, unfortunately not. With the planned changes to the Series, it'd be complicated enough. I don't think that the Success Penalty would really be viable at the present moment.

Are we keeping the Race Length the same, 20 Minutes?
Yes, races will be kept to approx. 20 minutes...

Can we go extreme? More power, less grip? Heavy Damage, no ABS, etc?
Well, I am looking at boosting power of the cars to NGTC Spec of around 350-360bhp. But we will need to see how that has an effect on the tyres and see if it's necessary to use a Harder Compound. Heavy Damage is something we could look into, as it could be the thing we need for drivers to drive a little more careful. We're going to keep ABS - as not all drivers have the ability to run without (I can, but my driving is much worse than before). Also, with the fact that many people run DS3 Pads, it'll make driving a lot.. Lot more difficult and dangerous.

Would it be possible to start an hour later?
Sadly no, I mean it'll be pushing it with a Start Time of 7PM GMT (which is the time I'm looking at, as it allows me to get home from work, and finished with dinner. It was a real push for me to get ready for 6:45PM the other week, so I think start time of 7PM is more appropriate.

Will there be the same amount of FF Cars as FR Cars? The Toyota GT-86 looks nice! ;)
In the Touring Car World, it is more common for a car to be Front Wheel Drive. In BTCC, the only Rear Wheel Drives on the grid are the BMW 135is and Audi A4s. Besides, I want to bring an old favorite back to the Series from the mad world of Japan! So it may be right up your street!

Once again everyone, thanks for taking the time to complete a survey! At the end of the day, the BTCC Online Championship is for you guys! Therefore, we want you to be happy and have your say!

:cheers:

Gemasolar_4.jpg

I'm really pleased about how many people decided to fill out the questionnaire and put their thoughts out there. I've spent some time collecting people's thoughts on what they would like to see from the Series...

1) Would you be interested in keeping Pit Stops during the middle of the race?
11-1: This was very much decisive... The majority would still like to see Pit Stops during the middle of the race. Pit Stops will continue to have a Pit Window - and the only time the Pits will not be a factor for racing is if the track is known to have problems with the Pit Entry/Exit.

2) Would you be interested in running Multi-Compound Races?
6-5: This was a rather highly contested discussion. But really, running Multi-Compound races could only be more viable without the Pit Stops. So for now (until possibly the future), Multi-Compound Races like in the official BTCC will not occur.

3) How many Drop Scores would you like to see per Season?
Again, another closely contested question. There were four votes for having only 1 Drop Score - and six votes for having 2 Drop Scores. Really, 2 Drop Scores are probably more suitable as BTCC-9 will be an 8 Week Season.

4) What are your thoughts on a Support Series like the Mito Cup?
7-2: I found there to be some strong opinions on this one. Many drivers seemed interested in this One-Make Support Cup. So at the present moment, this will be added to the support package. But if there is not enough interest for it before the start of BTCC-9; then the idea may be dropped.

5) To bring better driving standards, new drivers should run a Season (or remainder) in the Mito Cup?
8-4: Many drivers warmed to the idea of new drivers competing in the Mito Cup for a while. But the point was raised that people may loose interest if they have to race an entire Season; and that running for 1-2 rounds may be more sufficient. @SkengD mentioned the idea of not making them take part at all in the Mito Cup and actually test them with a some other drivers on track in a racing situation before the evening of the Racing.

6) How would you feel about having Real Life Weather Conditions?
8-2: Many people favored the idea of more Real Life Weather Conditions. This would be worked on providing an Official Weather Forecast and drivers checking the Forecast every now and again before the Race Meeting. At the Meeting, I will set the Weather Conditions to based on what the Live Weather Feed tells me.

7) Would you like to see longer Pre-Qualifying and Qualifying Sessions?
6-3: Several drivers didn't want to see longer sessions for Qualifying. However, I think that increasing Pre-Qualifying to 10 Minutes and Qualifying to 15 Minutes would be sensible... And would not make the evening outrageously long.

I also asked you guys if you had any questions, here are the answers to some...

Will there be any success penalty applied for the race winner, like in the Integra Cup?
No, unfortunately not. With the planned changes to the Series, it'd be complicated enough. I don't think that the Success Penalty would really be viable at the present moment.

Are we keeping the Race Length the same, 20 Minutes?
Yes, races will be kept to approx. 20 minutes...

Can we go extreme? More power, less grip? Heavy Damage, no ABS, etc?
Well, I am looking at boosting power of the cars to NGTC Spec of around 350-360bhp. But we will need to see how that has an effect on the tyres and see if it's necessary to use a Harder Compound. Heavy Damage is something we could look into, as it could be the thing we need for drivers to drive a little more careful. We're going to keep ABS - as not all drivers have the ability to run without (I can, but my driving is much worse than before). Also, with the fact that many people run DS3 Pads, it'll make driving a lot.. Lot more difficult and dangerous.

Would it be possible to start an hour later?
Sadly no, I mean it'll be pushing it with a Start Time of 7PM GMT (which is the time I'm looking at, as it allows me to get home from work, and finished with dinner. It was a real push for me to get ready for 6:45PM the other week, so I think start time of 7PM is more appropriate.

Will there be the same amount of FF Cars as FR Cars? The Toyota GT-86 looks nice! ;)
In the Touring Car World, it is more common for a car to be Front Wheel Drive. In BTCC, the only Rear Wheel Drives on the grid are the BMW 135is and Audi A4s. Besides, I want to bring an old favorite back to the Series from the mad world of Japan! So it may be right up your street!

Once again everyone, thanks for taking the time to complete a survey! At the end of the day, the BTCC Online Championship is for you guys! Therefore, we want you to be happy and have your say!

:cheers:
It's great to see BTCC OC live on!!

Gemasolar_4.jpg

Aahh those memories, there were a lot of good moments but sad to say that opposite was the case too..:cheers:
I really miss racing with you guys but school takes too much time away that I could participate seriously in BTCC-9 :yuck:
Good to see that the series keeps on going! 👍

Back