<- BTCC -> One-Make Series - skengdigi wins his 5th BTCC title!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 504 comments
I n race 2 lap 8 or 9 there was a moment of madness in front of me:crazy: 3 or 4 drivers were running across the grass then one of them ploughed into me then i dc'd :ill:

driving was a bit bumper car like some laps but overall id say it was fun , i dont know what track would of been better maybe fuji but it was nice

my net just tripped out , lucky me that didnt happen during a race tonight

Good racing tonight! I'm happy with 4th, 4th and 6th, but on the last lap of R3 things started to get messy :indiff: And also to the person who sent the blocks flying on the penultimate lap of R3, I WILL FIND YOU, AND WILL KILL YOU...

:lol:

Right, unfortunately jb has quit the series owing to connection troubles :/ He's of course welcome back at any time.

That means two things -

1. If anyone wants to team up with me at Midnight Purple Racing then feel free. If not, I'll be joining the Independents' Championship.
  2. cam_from_nj has been promoted to a full-time drive thanks to his good performance tonight (and the space being free).
👍

7th, 7th & 5th tonight, poor qualifying left me in 13th on the grid, so need to improve that for next week.

Race 1 was fun when around 8 or 9 cars were in a pack battling for 4th, then stratergy gaining me 4 or 5 positions by pitting on lap 5. Race 2 was fine pitted on lap 6 and Race 3 I pitted on lap 7 and seemed to struggle with chronic understeer for the last lap on the 2nd set of tyres in all 3 races.

good racing tonight all :)
@buck1 yeah race 2 after the pits i was behind you and the corner before the chicane you seemed to slow down, as if you got caught in the gravel. i pulled to the side to overtake then you flew across the screen and dc. but i can't remember seeing people exactly in front of us. i know there were people behind me

Results from Nurburgring GP/D:

Race 1:

1. skengdigi
2. JoeOfTheFire
3. rolo912011
4. cunny17
5. gedi69
6. chrisjohnson93
7. cam_from_nj
8. Am36925 (warning + 5-second penalty)
9. johnboy-1975
10. True-blue-8
11. SL6_VR6_V-DUB
12. GTP_Toffe
13. Street-King-07
14. qrtintheshade
15. Glen-Alz-81
16. buck_fast1

Pole Position: skengdigi
Fastest Lap: skengdigi - 1:40.796
Lap Leaders: JoeOfTheFire, skengdigi, qrtintheshade

--

Race 2:

1. cam_from_nj
2. JoeOfTheFire
3. rolo912011
Am36925
5. skengdigi
6. Street-King-07
7. qrtintheshade (position swap)
8. chrisjohnson93 (position swap)
9. cunny17
10. SL6_VR6_V-DUB
11. True-blue-8
12. Glen-Alz-81
13. GTP_Toffe
14. gedi69
DNF. johnboy-1975
DNF. buck_fast1

Fastest Lap: rolo912011 - 1:40.983
Lap Leaders: qrtintheshade, True-blue-8, Street-King-07, rolo912011, cunny17, cam_from_nj

--

Race 3:

1. skengdigi
SL6_VR6_V-DUB
3. JoeOfTheFire
4. qrtintheshade
5. chrisjohnson93
6. Am36925
7. rolo912011
8. Street-King-07
9. gedi69
10. cam_from_nj (warning)
11. True-blue-8 (warning)
12. cunny17
13. Glen-Alz-81
14. GTP_Toffe

Fastest Lap: cam_from_nj - 1:40.555
Lap Leaders: rolo912011, Am36925, JoeOfTheFire, skengdigi, Street-King-07

--

Please PM me if you want your penalties explained. You have 24 hours from the time of this post to appeal your penalties if you wish to.

Points up shortly 👍

--

General Notes About Driving Standards:

Gotta admit to being a bit disappointed with the driving standards this week. I appreciate there's a lot of new drivers to the BTCC series here, so perhaps not everyone is up to speed with the done way of things here (although this note isn't restricted to them - it applies to old hands too). The level of bumping and rubbing was definitely too much like bumper cars for our liking however, and I want to see this stamped out from next week. Give room, don't use others as brakes, stop sticking your nose in where there isn't room for it. Similarly, too much use of the run-off areas to maintain position (or gain them in some cases); if we see enough of this during the season (not necessarily at the same circuit) then time penalties may be applied to you seemingly at random, but purely because it's a total of several observations.

In general though, great close racing. Hope for more of the same next week 👍

Last edited:
Latest Points:

Drivers' Points:

OneMakeDrivers050314_zpsef4cebaa.png

Teams' Points:

OneMakeTeams050314_zps87b638e1.png

Independents' Points:

OneMakeIndependents050314_zps80ddb4be.png

---------

Results:

1. Nurburgring GP/D - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-east-toyota-prius.303198/page-9#post-9422058

---------​

Next Round: Motegi East (Toyota Prius Touring Car) - 11/03/14
Laps: 13

Pit Window: 5 - 8

Points and Motegi info posted 👍

BTCC's first ever 16-car finish in Race 1 :cheers: :D

Last edited:
Small correction because I can't count:

Joe is on 54 points in the Drivers', not 52. Any other errors let me know. 👍

Will update the tables next week.

Last edited:
Did a few laps to get used to the car/track and every now and then the revs would suddenly jump and the car would seem to rev easier. I could not get it to do it every lap. Is this because its a hybrid, and if so why did it not do it every lap. :confused:

Did a few laps to get used to the car/track and every now and then the revs would suddenly jump and the car would seem to rev easier. I could not get it to do it every lap. Is this because its a hybrid, and if so why did it not do it every lap. :confused:
It's the RPM bug stu

Back