<- BTCC -> Renault Megane Trophy - Skeng wins his fourth title!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 770 comments
By far my worst round of the season so far. Still can't figure out why no one will draft with me. Good racing guys, I have replay 1 going right now so we have that.
Drafting is something that can work exceptionally well, but unless you have a teammate or have made a pact with someone, people won't allow you to draft them because they might not get your draft in return.

Last season someone drafted me in qualifying and wouldn't return the favour even though they got pole because of my slipstream. That's just the way it goes really. :(

Teammate's are the answer.

Was good races. I dont know what happened in R3 last lap, but i think some one pushed me in last corner. So let stewards take a look at that incident.
R2 replay crashed PS. R3 worked. Havent tried R1.

Congratulations for reaching the end of race 3 powwa. Lol.

If you have any complaints regarding driving standards, please message a steward directly. The stewards would much rather keep any incidents out of public sight and they will deal with them accordingly.

Was good races. I dont know what happened in R3 last lap, but i think some one pushed me in last corner. So let stewards take a look at that incident.
R2 replay crashed PS. R3 worked. Havent tried R1.

It was me, sorry, I braked too early, went forward, then braked too late and couldn't stop. Don't think you lost anything and I don't feel I gained anything so.....

EDIT: And I have replay 3 working if its needed 👍

No worries, I'm not pulling out entirely, only this round. Had 0 connection bars coming into the lounge. One or two players jumped around all over the place for me. Having to constantly lift off out of collision fear made it impossible for me to get anywhere.

Also this cars understeers way too much since 1.03 and then suddenly snaps once rear loses grip.

I understand guys don't like the car and don't want to race that's fine but can you all not leave at once? Guessing Rolo will have to hunt for more drivers now, was 9 of us by the end of race 3......

What happened to you? @Glenalz81

Oh and Skeng I didn't save the race 2 replay so you and the stewards will have to look at lap 4 without my imput other than my memory :banghead:

A man can only take so much...between r1, 2 and 3 probably lost 15-20 places due to someone else s disregard for any kind of race etiquette ... i have never complained to stewards or rage quitted but tonight ontop of some toothache it was just too much.So i'm sorry to the <BTCC> for not finishing tonight.

A man can only take so much...between r1, 2 and 3 probably lost 15-20 places due to someone else s disregard for any kind of race etiquette ... i have never complained to stewards or rage quitted but tonight ontop of some toothache it was just too much.So i'm sorry to the <BTCC>and team chivas for not finishing tonight.

woops. :dunce:

OK, @DirtyNurbKing58 @Glenalz81 @canyondrifter are you still racing this season or have you all quit? I'm confused. Glen you can PM us and we'll look at incidents if you want.

I'm very sorry to see @Ian_83 have to leave us, cheers for all your racing. Is anyone else having big connection troubles and do you think it's because of me as host?

I will PM a couple of you to ask about stewarding.

Incidentally, my Race 2 replay is the only one that doesn't work, so as usual, if anyone can provide me with the Fastest Lap and Lap Leader data, that would be much appreciated 👍

If anyone is having connection issues, I could try and be host again, but that would mean I would need to carry the checks out.

PD really needs to hurry up and release the community features if there's any way to solve this problem. The longer we're forced to wait, the more frustrated I'm getting.

Last edited:
Sorry guys but my time in the BTCC has come to an end. I have tried in vain to establish a stable internet connection for playing GT6 and it simply isn't possible. Whether it's an issue with my connection itself of whether there is a conflict somewhere I don't know. I have tried 2 different routers and spent literally days trying to get the best possible internet connection I can. In the past 2 weeks I've sent over £200 purely on trying to improve my internet solely for the BTCC. I should have spent it on beer, but I had to try everything possible.

I'm so upset and frustrated I'm almost in tears whilst typing this. I've had a great time racing in the BTCC series, there have been ups and downs along the way and I've met some wonderful people whom I'm proud to have raced alongside. Thank you to everyone that has battled with me.

Sadly GT6 is not a quality game. It is riddled with faults throughout and the fact that PD can take so long to release a game that is unfinished is nothing short of disgusting. We are being used as beta testers while they continue to fiddle about trying to iron out the bugs.... If I bought a real brand new car I'd expect it to be built, working and free from defects.... The games industry are not doing that anymore, they are relying on updates to fix things, as opposed to making sure that the game is 100% prior to its launch. I feel sorry for anyone that buys the game and doesn't have internet access as they're being ripped off, we've all been ripped off a bit, because the game isn't complete or fault free yet we have paid top dollar for it. The mind boggles.

Anyway, sorry for the long post, my emotions are running high and I like to speak my mind.

Happy racing.

I feel for you m8 but me you canyon tested in rooms before, no lag even with on GT5 about 5 of us.
There 2 things with connection one you second the host.
But anyone else with a high ping can make the online play worse.

I play BF4 on the PC it also lets you see other pings, I can be ping 22 but someone being 300 ping means they can shoot me before I can even see them.

I've got Virgin down load speed 122mb upload in the 20s, It's great when it's good.
Also it costs me £33 a mouth.
Down to it being so crap between 17:00 to 21:00, I've now also got BT 80mb where I get 78mb down load speed with about 13 upload. (that will cost me £27 plus £15 line rent)
I was worried when I left my room the BT broadband also went down, but by the time ps3 restarted it had sorted it self back out.

Ok back to the weird world of PSN.
Now my virgin quick when it's good.
So your think when it good I would connect to someone in the uk well.

Nope fact is I don't most of europe I do just not England were I am?
That almost the same with BF4 on the pc.
But my new BT 0 jitter ;) connects in with england users well, weird yeah?

Bad bit Is I pay what £60 a month for broadband.
Good I can pick swap between 2.

Right today race I loved it as I love that track.
Car also one of the best to drive, why so many push to hard and blame the car?

If I took some players views on here I not race any games raced on GTP.
Rolo takes the time to work it all out and give all great racing.
You win you get it harder next race but it helps drivers like me move forward.

Still little thanks to rolo just moans.

Well r1 good lost the car twice I think.
R2 wow crazy start, think I pushed rolo off track not sure as once we got round first bend.
It was push push ram push.

Race 3 hmm well all good apart from me pitting.
I locked up and car span out in pit lane, Avio was right behind me, so we both lost 20/30 secs suck in pit lane?

Don't think I safed r3 rolo.
If you can get replys to work pls look at my pit stop in lap 4 or 5 as me not sure if it me or auto driver at fault.
I do question it as pit srceen came up when car lost it, I think so much going on.
Sometimes what you think in race not the case.

Oh dear second time my pitting come in to question, but I posted first this time ;)

But what ever happened it cost Avio alot of time and as he finsind ahead of me not sure what you can do on it :(
That was grap as we where mid pack till the pits :/

@rolo912011 Officially signing up, thanks for the invite.

#38, French Racing Blue with yellow wheels. If you want to team me up with someone then that's ok, if not I'll be Team Whitehall. 👍
I'm still looking for a teammate. No point in trying for the independent championship at this point so at least I'd have someone to work with. Team Whitehall works for me, I doubt you'd want to be part of team Murica:P

@rolo912011 Officially signing up, thanks for the invite.

#38, French Racing Blue with yellow wheels. If you want to team me up with someone then that's ok, if not I'll be Team Whitehall. 👍
I'm still looking for a teammate. No point in trying for the independent championship at this point so at least I'd have someone to work with. Team Whitehall works for me, I doubt you'd want to be part of team Murica:P

👍

Awesome stuff. I'll let you guys take over the points of Team 'Murica so you don't have to start from 0. :)

I'd be happy to join you @quade420 , it's pointless like you say going independent after missing 3 races. And Team Murica? I'm cool with that, my yank mate Dennis will be proud :lol:, and it's worth keeping the team points you've amassed already :cheers:

Edit: just seen your post rolo, I'm happy to stay as Team Murica, as would quade I'm sure!

I'd be happy to join you @quade420 , it's pointless like you say going independent after missing 3 races. And Team Murica? I'm cool with that, my yank mate Dennis will be proud :lol:, and it's worth keeping the team points you've amassed already :cheers:

That said, since quade raced on his own today he will score Independent points for Spa instead, but won't from now on.

EDIT: 'Murica it is. 👍

I'd be interested in trying a different host, no offence Rolo....you run the room really well, it's such a shame that you're now unable to run the room without being the host, GT5 was far superior in that respect.

I'd be interested in trying a different host, no offence Rolo....you run the room really well, it's such a shame that you're now unable to run the room without being the host, GT5 was far superior in that respect.

Any volunteers? Trial run before next Thursday?

My first choice would be @AudiMan2011 considering he's done it before and it seemed to go OK.

Any volunteers? Trial run before next Thursday?

My first choice would be @AudiMan2011 considering he's done it before and it seemed to go OK.

I can try but your have to call setting out and who needs to go on track.
And pm me track starts like first race PQR, Second rev grid start?
If you pm me that I can just print it off, so I know track starts.

Also a little worried as the BT broadband went down, when I was about to join your room.
Also as I work nights I'm best testing in the morning sometimes lol.

But I can try and run an hour test, say Sunday at 19:00 to 20:00.
Or Wednesday same time?

The thing we need when members join is what there signal bars our like, before joining the room.
All grey not a good sign all black great, think that's how it works.
Maybe all black means more bugs lol.

No point me testing my Virgin as from 17:00 to 21:00 it's up and down like a yoyo.
If I see you online Rolo and you got a room open I'll take note of what signal I get with you.
Maybe then jump out me make room and you see what I'm like.

Ian also needs to take note of the signals

Race 3 hmm well all good apart from me pitting.
I locked up and car span out in pit lane, Avio was right behind me, so we both lost 20/30 secs suck in pit lane?

I think i lost max 10 secs. Not to worry my friend. This car is jinxed for me anyway :P

I will admit, I didn't see what the signal was before I joined the lounge. I was more concerned about getting to grips with the track/car and the signal strength slipped my mind.

I wonder how many people actually saw a good signal before joining the room? It's not something that I look for unless it's a random lobby.

Does the signal indicate the hosts connection abilities, my signal, or a combination of things resulting in a compatibility of both the host and my connection??? Hmm.

I will admit, I didn't see what the signal was before I joined the lounge. I was more concerned about getting to grips with the track/car and the signal strength slipped my mind.

I wonder how many people actually saw a good signal before joining the room? It's not something that I look for unless it's a random lobby.

Does the signal indicate the hosts connection abilities, my signal, or a combination of things resulting in a compatibility of both the host and my connection??? Hmm.

There were zero connection bars when i entered and left...didn't have or see any issues though.

im not sure. the car is a challenge, but i think its bad to the actual game itself. All the series im in atm are ruined one way or another due to the game. if PD sorted the game out i would like the car, but it bears no relation to driving now.

I haven't actually driven the Megane yet lol, gonna have a spin tonight. I agree with what people are saying about the game though, not enjoying it as much as 1.02 and it's disgraceful that we're basically beta testers and plenty of important features are missing.

Ian lives in a firbe free area, so my guessing is he can only get 20mb broadband.
That at best would be 9mb in speed.
If it was anything like my old sky 20mb, was 16mb but they upgraded it to 20mb speed.
Still not notice the change my end in speed.
Giving we play at uk peak times sky at the start did not mind knock you off line for a sec or two.
Very bad if you was in game, but if downloading or just browsing your not notice a thing.

But I had my girls one on a pc the other on Xbox, plus oldest girl boy friend with a PC plus Xbox.
Plus now Iphones Ipads poor old sky was just no good really.
Waited and waited for BT Firbe and just over a year ago as it was the only one I could get, I got Virgin.

Virgin great but not best gaming as there lines are old so at best I have jitter at best 2.
Peak times 17:00 to 21:00 it ups up and down and jitter can go as high as 14, worse I've seen.

Now got virgin and BT, BT great new to the area means new lines.
So no jitter :)
Plus speeds of 78mb to 79mb.

Got both as virgin moaned a little as I was downloading over 350gb a month.
But ps3s and Ipads and I guess pc's all got netflix being watched at times.
Plus my sky tv can down load tv programs, was abit shock on how much I was downloading.
But thinking about it, it's not that much I guess!
Everything you buy now days what's internet access, will there be a day when the food we buy want it?

Remeber when the world wide web started, you could browse the web on dail up.
Then can broadband oh did not need that did you.
Then web pages got bigger and bigger and BIGGER.

I remeber moving into my house just over 10 years ago and I could not have my 2mb connected for a month.
Wow that was painfull, new to the area needing things and having to wait 5 mins for a web page to load up lol

Back