<- BTCC -> Renault Megane Trophy - Skeng wins his fourth title!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 770 comments
Logitech G27 - Heads'up....

.....Yesterday I experienced a sticking throttle with my G27. However, I'm not convinced that it's a problem with my throttle, it could be a GT6 glitch.

I'd been racing for a while with no problems and then I exited the track and rejoined. On my first lap something didn't sound or feel right while braking, so I pulled over to the side of the track and spotted that the throttle indicator was showing about 1/5th throttle even though I wasn't touching the I'd been racing for a while with no problems and then I exited the track and rejoined. On my first lap something didn't sound or feel right while braking, so I pulled over to the side of the track and spotted that the throttle indicator was showing about 1/5th throttle even though I wasn't touching the I'd been racing for a while with no problems and then I exited the track and rejoined. On my first lap something didn't sound or feel right while braking, so I pulled over to the side of the track and spotted that the throttle indicator was showing about 1/5th throttle even though I wasn't touching the I'd been racing for a while with no problems and then I exited the track and rejoined. On my first lap something didn't sound or feel right while braking, so I pulled over to the side of the track and spotted that the throttle indicator was showing about 1/5th throttle even though I wasn't touching

.....Yesterday I experienced a sticking throttle with my G27. However, I'm not convinced that it's a problem with my throttle, it could be a GT6 glitch.

I'd been racing for a while with no problems and then I exited the track and rejoined. On my first lap something didn't sound or feel right while braking, so I pulled over to the side of the track and spotted that the throttle indicator was showing about 1/5th throttle even though I wasn't touching the I'd been racing for a while with no problems and then I exited the track and rejoined. On my first lap something didn't sound or feel right while braking, so I pulled over to the side of the track and spotted that the throttle indicator was showing about 1/5th throttle even though I wasn't touching the I'd been racing for a while with no problems and then I exited the track and rejoined. On my first lap something didn't sound or feel right while braking, so I pulled over to the side of the track and spotted that the throttle indicator was showing about 1/5th throttle even though I wasn't touching the I'd been racing for a while with no problems and then I exited the track and rejoined. On my first lap something didn't sound or feel right while braking, so I pulled over to the side of the track and spotted that the throttle indicator was showing about 1/5th throttle even though I wasn't touching

I had similar issues with my G25 pedals in GT5. I just cleaned out the inside of the pedal box with an air compressor and cleaned the potentiometers with some WD40. It's worked fine since.

I had similar issues with my G25 pedals in GT5. I just cleaned out the inside of the pedal box with an air compressor and cleaned the potentiometers with some WD40. It's worked fine since.
Why does the handbrake alter the sticking throttle then? It should make no difference whether or not the handbrake is applied.

Yep, run of the mill g25/27 issue...poor design..its only been about 3 weeks since i opened up and cleaned mine out..mine started to get really bad..sometimes past 1/4 throttle...potentiometers are too open...sock fluff/hair has easy access and starts to bridge connections....a simple clean out will do the job. :)

Hmm, thanks guys. I'll give it a go later. :(

The handbrake is confusing though.

If your pedals are on the floor, that will most likely be a root cause of getting fluff in the pedals. My new wheel stand now has the pedal box off the ground to cut the chances of fluff getting inside.

My pedals aren't on the floor either although I race in socks, so sock fluff is a potential problem.

I'll try GT6 again today and if/when it happens I'll quickly swap the game and then see if it still happens.

My initial thought was that the pedal needed cleaning but just can't understand why the handbrake would actually stop the throttle sticking in game. Seems a bit strange to me, but I haven't had a sticking pedal before and don't know exactly what to expect.

I've got a compressor in the workshop, so at least cleaning them will be easy. :)

@Ian_83
actually mate, i have to say i found that. obviously i've not had my wheel long at all, but the last week im finding that when i brake, it says there is 0% then suddenly jumps to 100%, even though im not applying full brakes
any idea of lap times so far guys?

One thing you should always do... When you first turn on the game and your wheel, get onto a track and apply full brakes (down to the floor with the pedal).

The brake pedal doesn't automatically calibrate in GT6, so the first few times that you use the brakes you'll get 100% brakes whilst barely applying any pressure on the actual brake pedal.

Pressing the pedal to the floor whilst on track seems to calibrate the pedal travel and then it's okay again until you next turn-off the wheel or restart the game.

Lol. If there's an available space, I could turn up and accidentally bump Skeng off. I'll blame it on lag.

I take payment in GBP or Carlsberg.

Does the G27 use potentiometer's like the DFGT? If so sounds like a classic case of one of those spiking.

From a very brief run a long time ago to set the laps and window, something around a 1:25, but that may have changed with updates.

125s! dam I'm slow again, been testing for karsten race.
That's made the megane I handful plus going to SS from RS lol.

I'm also finding that last right left a nightmare.
Keep on cutting off the left bit, it not helping me with grip.

I seem to be on auto aim with it.
And as for that first left bend, it's a little to slow or wow to fast :banghead:

I won't be able to join in tonight :grumpy: I haven't been on GT6 solidly for a week as I still can't connect to lobbies. Sometimes it connects but I get kicked again within 5 minutes and usually it just disconnects straight away/doesn't connect like it was doing last week. GT6 is just so frustrating lol, I've been playing GT Legends again. It's definitely not my internet or my PS3, everything is fine until I join a GT6 lobby, I even tried GT5 and that was ok :banghead:

Hopefully it will be sorted by BTCC-7 :scared:

I won't be able to join in tonight :grumpy: I haven't been on GT6 solidly for a week as I still can't connect to lobbies. Sometimes it connects but I get kicked again within 5 minutes and usually it just disconnects straight away/doesn't connect like it was doing last week. GT6 is just so frustrating lol, I've been playing GT Legends again. It's definitely not my internet or my PS3, everything is fine until I join a GT6 lobby, I even tried GT5 and that was ok :banghead:

Hopefully it will be sorted by BTCC-7 :scared:

Damn. Alright mate, I hope you can get it sorted too 👍

Tonight: Apricot Hill (13/02/14)

Laps: 15

Pit Window: 6 - 9

Karsten we really need one of your videos on this one.
I've got a feeling there going to be alot of smoking tryes, plus it the last one

Tonight: Apricot Hill (13/02/14)

Laps: 15

Pit Window: 6 - 9

Karsten we really need one of your videos on this one.
I've got a feeling there going to be alot of smoking tryes, plus it the last one

I would like to but these vids take lots of time to make... Like 2 or 3 hours and since we run a 3 race format it is a no-no sadly. It would take me like 5 times more time than the gt300 vids i make :(

1.25? Maybe i was drunk but i think i did a few 24.6s while training on tuesday? Hope i still have the pace!

I would like to but these vids take lots of time to make... Like 2 or 3 hours and since we run a 3 race format it is a no-no sadly. It would take me like 5 times more time than the gt300 vids i make :(

1.25? Maybe i was drunk but i think i did a few 24.6s while training on tuesday? Hope i still have the pace!

Just do a vid on one race pls m8.
24.6 your joking right, I'm mid 26 :irked:

Back