<- BTCC -> Renault Megane Trophy - Skeng wins his fourth title!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 770 comments
Test Racing at Motegi East this Thursday at 7pm UK.

The night will be run to the usual 3-race BTCC race-night format, so that any problems can be found, and changes can be made if anything no longer works properly in GT6. So please try to arrive before 7 if you can!

The PP handicap system will be in operation, so the Top 5 drivers from the Integra Cup who are still racing in BTCC will need to run a penalty in Race 1. I need to see if the extra power of the Megane means the hp values need changing.

So, if all attend, rolo will run with -24hp, Street-King with -20, skeng with -16, canyon with -12 and Ian with -8 for Race 1, and then the system will be employed across the other races for the Top 5 finishers.

I hope as many of you as possible can attend. More people = more data. 👍 :cheers:

-----

As a side note, Autumn Ring has been replaced on the Calendar with Silverstone International (the variant that cuts out Brooklands, Luffield, Copse and the Maggotts/Becketts complex)

Does anyone want to see an 8-round series instead of a 6-round? Considering it a bit now.

For reference with the PP handicap, the strongest penalty needs to mean around a 1-second to 1.5 per lap loss in pace compared to no penalty at all, with the other four levels fitting roughly two- or three-tenths apart in between.

I'm also still aware I need to fix the advantage gained by missing Round 1. I'm still not quite sure of what to do about that so please input if you can.

I'm in for Thursday, and considering the tracks we now have I'm happy to increase to 8 if enough people want to, just have to bare in mind the BTCC interest tho as that may suffer if this is extended.

I'm cool either way tho.

For reference with the PP handicap, the strongest penalty needs to mean around a 1-second to 1.5 per lap loss in pace compared to no penalty at all, with the other four levels fitting roughly two- or three-tenths apart in between.

I'm also still aware I need to fix the advantage gained by missing Round 1. I'm still not quite sure of what to do about that so please input if you can.
My thought is if someone ( like me for example) misses the first race instead of putting me closer to the front as what happened last season I should start from the back of the grid just as if I had missed out on qualifying ..I would stand to gain nothing extra this way and would actually help out the back guys as he would be without ballast so giving a toe as he climbs back up the grid...

Ian and canyon have joined the Stewarding team for this season alongside me and skeng, so remember you can PM them with incidents too once the season begins.

Just wanted to inquire about something. I've been running the Megane a bunch over the past couple days and on tuning prohibited it's really a handful around tracks like Mount Panorama. Got a lot of reports from pad users that snap oversteer's also a big problem, regardless of track, in the car. Have you guys thought about allowing tuning just so the thing's more driveable?

My 2c

Just wanted to inquire about something. I've been running the Megane a bunch over the past couple days and on tuning prohibited it's really a handful around tracks like Mount Panorama. Got a lot of reports from pad users that snap oversteer's also a big problem, regardless of track, in the car. Have you guys thought about allowing tuning just so the thing's more driveable?

My 2c

What tyres did you have on it?

Perhaps we shouldn't run the PP penalty for the very first race of the season, that may help to balance things a little to begin with.

I also like Canyon's idea.... If anyone misses round 1 they start at the back of the grid on round 2.

Last night I and Aivo tested megane. When you pitted, the tire/fuel selection didnt come, so we could not choose tires and fuel. And 2 set of tires is about 2 seconds slower than 1 set. And didnt last same as 1 set.

Seems like online racing is buggy.

Last edited:
Racing Hards, same as you guys.

We're using Sports Softs for this series, do you think that would make a difference?

Last night I and Aivo tested megane. When you pitted, the tire/fuel selection didnt come, so we could not choose tires and fuel. And 2 set of tires is about 2 seconds slower than 1 set. And didnt last same as 1 set.

Seems like online racing is buggy.

Hmm OK, thanks for letting me know about that. We'll have to see how it goes Thursday. The second set of tyre glitch has already been mentioned by skeng already. Maybe there will be a fix!?

Might be an idea to start posting room numbers on the thread

I cant wait for them to fix that tire bug , its really the only major flaw at the moment imo

Might be an idea to start posting room numbers on the thread

I cant wait for them to fix that tire bug , its really the only major flaw at the moment imo

I also heard theres an issue with installing custom rims that reduces rear tyre width which greatly affects performance.

We're using Sports Softs for this series, do you think that would make a difference?

Hmm OK, thanks for letting me know about that. We'll have to see how it goes Thursday. The second set of tyre glitch has already been mentioned by skeng already. Maybe there will be a fix!?

Why Sport Softs? That would make it worse.

Why Sport Softs? That would make it worse.

Tyre wear reasons mainly, to ensure enough wear in a 20-minute race. Even though even on 'Very Fast' the wear is practically nothing.

We also aren't planning to go to any extreme tracks like Bathurst during the season in order for people to feel comfortable with the car.

I'm curently downloading the v1.02 update and I had a look on GTP for info on it.

Aparently there is an additional option for the slipstream strength, 'weak' and 'strong' are present and the new option is 'real'. I'm intrigued to see what effect this will have.

Something to trial tomorrow?
Yes please. I've not had a chance to try it myself yet, but could be an interesting difference.

The PP/HP drops need checking too. I doubt that the PP reductions from last season will be as effective this time. I'll have a look into the PP's before the race if I get time.

Latest Posts

Back