Bugatti Recalls the Chiron... for Dodgy Welding?

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by GTPNewsWire, Dec 9, 2017.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Latvija27 likes this.
  2. Latvija27

Latvija27

Only 47 cars so they have to be taken back to the Bugatti factory wonder how long it will take them to fix it?

3. Cowboy

Cowboy Premium

If Bugatti had a welding inspector check the welds prior to their cars leaving the factory, this very likely would never have happened.

Turbo, Dan and Latvija27 like this.
  4. Dan

Dan Premium

Damn. I guess I'll have to cancel my order now! :sly:

Turbo, Rotorist, Gr8_Lakes and 3 others like this.
  5. 05XR8

05XR8

Welds? I thought these things were carved out of granite? Oh, wait.... that's Mercedes. I forgot Beetles are made in Mexico. :sly:

Latvija27 likes this.
  6. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

It seems to be a customer (or bucket) part, there have been recalls for Tiguans and Passats for a similar fault in which the seat could collapse in a crash. Normally in such cases the part is expected to be certified and checked before it reaches assembly, the only check during assembly would be that it's correctly located/secured.

LMSCorvetteGT2 likes this.
  7. Robin

Robin Premium

Even on the Chiron there will be some parts which are stock VW fare and I would assume this is one of them. All the same you would hope they would check over the parts an additional time when they are going into such an expensive and high powered car.

bremics and TenEightyOne like this.
  8. R3V

R3V

That's what you get when you pre-order.

Dan likes this.
  9. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

I'm sure they do, it would make little to no sense to have no quality control/quality assessment on the manufacture end of their cars. Manufacture errors do happen though so the idea it could have been avoided so easily isn't the case. If it was you wouldn't see recalls all the time from all manufactures on cars that are high end to economy based.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    Cowboy and TenEightyOne like this.