Bugatti Veyron doing 412km/h

• Thread starter Cottees
  • 64 comments
No need for me to try to top it then. ;) It is indeed rather easy if you know how, it's a matter of exiting the corner at the proper distance to the AI cars at the correct speed, then just floor it.
It's even easier if you've boiled it down to a simple method that can be repeated. In a nutshell, you begin the race in 4th gear, and by the time you end the back straight of the test course you'll have hit 433 km/hr :P
Of course there are other settings and stuff.

The Test Course should be way bigger. I've only managed to nudge 399km/h in my Veyron before the straight runs out.

I just did 269 MPH and it hit the rev limiter so I'm pretty sure that's the fastest possible speed.

269 mile/hour (mph) = 432.913 536 kilometer/hour

I'd post a pic but someone showed a replay of 433 km/h earlier anyway (which is probably what I would have seen if I were using km/h due to km/h being more precise).

I just did 269 MPH and it hit the rev limiter so I'm pretty sure that's the fastest possible speed.

269 mile/hour (mph) = 432.913 536 kilometer/hour

Same here, 269mph and it dropped back down.

If only they could let us play with the ratios! 300mph+ certain in GT5 methinks! 💡

Apparently, Bugatti engineers are claiming the differences in power a noticeable due to tolerance differences (all hand made) and the fitter ones are putting out closer to 1100hp.

Hand built engines have tighter and more iniform tolerences than machine built (the whole point of hand building, despite JC claims on TG). Which means we are more likely to get a even power output through all built engines and less chance of a 'freak' engine. Plus engines like Veyrons power is greatly more dependant on boost, which generally doesn't change on the way the mecahical bits are put together.

The tighter tolerances (hand built) are there to ensure the engine will remain reliable, as machine tools wear, tolerances vary (many engine manufacturers do use a grading system to counter that somewhat) and on higher strung engines this can cause reliablity issues.

Though the Veyrons engine has been officially underrated so I have heard.

Last edited:
I have hit 270 mph (437.4 kph), ill see if i can redo it, and post it on youtube for ya guys...
No you haven't, because it's impossible. The car will bounce off the limiter at 433km/hr.

The Test Course should be way bigger. I've only managed to nudge 399km/h in my Veyron before the straight runs out.
Really? I usually hit 400, though I think I got to 401 once.

This brings me to a point. The Veyron can't maintain a speed over about 401km/hr. You can draft past that speed, but if you do the car will just sink back down to 401km/hr. On a flat, straight road. In pristine conditions. How could PD possibly over look this? It's possibly the single most defining feature about the car, that it can do over 408km/hr under its own power.

Something similar happened in Racedriver Grid, with the Audi R8. It has 6 gears. That car is a diesel, a first for Le Mans, and that means it only needs 5. Its defining feature is being a diesel, how do you mess that up? Apparently on NFS Shift, every car has 6 gears, even the obviously 7 speed Veyron.
I mean ****, how do you model the car, inside and out, so flawlessly, and then mess up something so simple? Especially when it comes to the Veyron, the poster car of any game.

This brings me to a point. The Veyron can't maintain a speed over about 401km/hr. You can draft past that speed, but if you do the car will just sink back down to 401km/hr. On a flat, straight road. In pristine conditions. How could PD possibly over look this? It's possibly the single most defining feature about the car, that it can do over 408km/hr under its own power.
Indeed, it doesn't go over 401 km/h, on R3 tires. Not sure if the number is different for other tires? Still, they're only 1.75% off. ;)

Apparently on NFS Shift, every car has 6 gears, even the obviously 7 speed Veyron.
Nah, I've driven plenty five speed cars in Shift (like some of the muscle cars). I did not encounter one above six though.

I can't see the number being different for other tyres. If anything it should be higher on R3 tyres.

That's good, muscle cars can even be 4 speed I believe.

I am certain it will go over 401 if the straights were longer, the curved bend just robs and speed advance.

^ It won't. Because if you do get it over 401, using drafting, it'll just sink back below again when you're out of the slipstream.

^ It won't. Because if you do get it over 401, using drafting, it'll just sink back below again when you're out of the slipstream.

I didn't say anything about drafting, you can make 401 without it and the car is still accelerating but the test tracks bend kills any further progress.

Well, my point was that if you do get it past 401, it'll sink back there anyway. And if it can't sustain a speed faster than 401, it obviously can't build to it on its own.

I did some more testing today, it seems like it will sit at 404, so in theory that's how fast it could go if you had a long enough straight.

I did some more testing today, it seems like it will sit at 404, so in theory that's how fast it could go if you had a long enough straight.

Well there you go, thats what I was talking about.

Nope, I never said it would make it, just that it was still accelerating (albeit slowly). ;)

i got to 247 on test track....this car drives as it looks...fat and bulky. i have to fight it to turn, and i shouldnt have to.

Slightly off topic, I remember reading a big thread on Automotive Forums where some people thought that a Veyron would smoke an F1 car along a straight - after reading all of the hype surrounding the Vyeron! Has anybody put this to the test over standing start KM racing againts a ghost F1 car? I know that the F2007 would win, but by how much would be interesting to see!

Slightly off topic, I remember reading a big thread on Automotive Forums where some people thought that a Veyron would smoke an F1 car along a straight - after reading all of the hype surrounding the Vyeron! Has anybody put this to the test over standing start KM racing againts a ghost F1 car? I know that the F2007 would win, but by how much would be interesting to see!

I have put the Veyrons ghost to the drag test against almost everything but the F2007 (waiting for it to show up in the dealership), so far it has defeated everything (LMP cars, 4WD's, everything) but not sure about the F2007 yet.

i got up to 267 mph with slipstream against 3 GT citroens...but then one cut in front of me and made me bump against the rail and i spun out.

^You must've set your power unit wrong. I set mine to HP and it shows 998. Go to options>power unit, then try changing the unit to the other options. One of them should give you 1001.

No, there aren't any 5 mile straights. You can, however, break out of a Seattle or Nurburgring (I haven't tried this myself). This will give you infinite miles so you can test your car's absolute top speed. Alternatively, just use drafting like everyone else in this thread :).

i got 270 when i was getting money for the F2007... it was a perfect run with the other cars drifting just right too...

thats 438kmh
Not in the Veyron you didn't. The car maxes at 433km/hr, which is almost exactly 269mph. And anyway, 270mph isn't 328km/hr, it's 434km/hr.

Jay
I have put the Veyrons ghost to the drag test against almost everything but the F2007 (waiting for it to show up in the dealership), so far it has defeated everything (LMP cars, 4WD's, everything) but not sure about the F2007 yet.

have you tried the Suzuki Escudo dirt trail car? I timed the Veryon's 0-200mph at about 16 seconds and I got a 0-200mph time in about 12 second with the Escudo. it will cross the finish line on Deep forest at 200mph!

have you tried the Suzuki Escudo dirt trail car? I timed the Veryon's 0-200mph at about 16 seconds and I got a 0-200mph time in about 12 second with the Escudo. it will cross the finish line on Deep forest at 200mph!

No I haven't, good idea, I just recently got the F2007 so I will give it and the Escudo a shot.

They have made the Veyron too fast. 0-200mph in real life tests are between 24-28 seconds. I hope the Veyron is not that fast in GT5.

Speaking of Veyrons, did you guys notice the spoiler coming up at high speeds? And it tilts downward when braking from high speed, functioning as an air brake. Just noticed this in a replay. Details like this make me smile. 👍
I like how the Spoiler comes up at 140mph then lowers down at 230mph...

After 440 laps (yes, I counted it) at the Test Course with the Veyron, I can say for sure that the top speed of this car WITH draft is 433 km/h and WITHOUT draft is 402 km/h (before I run out of track, I'm sure it can reach 407 km/h with a long enough straight).

The spoiler pops up at 220 km/h and lowers (not all the way) at 370 km/h. When the spoiler pops up, the car's ride height drops down slightly due to the extra downforce (you can feel it if you use bumper cam). Likewise, when the spoiler lowers the ride height rises again. Also, cornering is greatly improved if the spoiler is up.

Fastest lap time on the Test Course is low 1:34s.

It's also best to shift up juuuust before the redline as the boost drops off slightly at the redline.

I've also noticed a glitch where the spoiler doesn't lower at the same time as the two vertical bars (don't know what it's called lol) that hold it. The spoiler lowers first, then the bars retract, so for a moment the bars 'went through' the spoiler. I noticed this while bump drafting another Veyron.

Back