Bugs, Glitches and Ongoing Issues

• Thread starter phonypoly
  • 315 comments
I thought it was an update because, I lowered the Datsun 2000. That car gets nice and low too.
But the 510 glides right. Tried sorting the alignment. Ain't happening.
You have to raise the ride height. I had this problem with my D400 '63 Beetle after lowering it all the way. Raising it a bit fixed the problem.

@Im_Lukas also had this problem. I can't recall how, or if, he fixed it.

I did indeed have this problem, first on the Beetle and later once I knew how to solve it with the Datsun 510, only seems to happen with cars that can get extremely low. The solution is as @ZDUPH has posted above unless you go with some really crazy toe settings but then the car gets too unresponsive.

I believe the 510 has always been able to get this low unless it was changed in a recent patch, I remember the first couple of times I used it thinking it was awfully low and that's what caused the odd behaviour. The rear of the car will usually bottom out with any decent elevation change and in a couple of cases it was so bad I could lose 20-30 mph by getting "beached" on some of the bigger curbs.

Raised up the rear a bit to 6.3". Ride height is adjustable from 4.3"-9.5" f/r. Stable in the corners and under braking now. 👍
GetPhoto.ashx

Raised up the rear a bit to 6.3". Ride height is adjustable from 4.3"-9.5" f/r. Stable in the corners and under braking now. 👍
GetPhoto.ashx
ive has similar problems and raising the ride height always fixes it

So this just happened...
WARNING: Lower your volume/speakers. You've been warned.

Last edited:
The link won't open; I keep getting this message:

Our server is having a problem. We're working to fix it as soon as we can, so try again in a few minutes.

What's it about anyway?
Basically, my D Class Nissan 240SX's engine sound glitched out, and it sounded like a really loud shaver. :lol:
I'll see if I can get a better link.
There we go. Got a Youtube direct viewing link of it. ;)

eeek! :eek: Did a game restart sort it?
Thankfully, yes. Though I will admit it scared the daylight outta me (I usually play with a moderately high TV volume on a relatively new Sylvania 32" Flat Screen with Surround Sound).

Last edited:
Basically, my D Class Nissan 240SX's engine sound glitched out, and it sounded like a really loud shaver. :lol:
I'll see if I can get a better link.
There we go. Got a Youtube direct viewing link of it. ;)

Thankfully, yes. Though I will admit it scared the daylight outta me (I usually play with a moderately high TV volume on a relatively new Sylvania 32" Flat Screen with Surround Sound).

Err... where's the YouTube link?

Sorry, should have noted that it was in my original post. The video should be embedded in the post itself. But here's the link to the video anyway:

Dayem... nasty!

F6 has got to be the buggiest version to date. If this is any indication of where the FM brand is headed, I'm jumping ship!

Dayem... nasty!

F6 has got to be the buggiest version to date. If this is any indication of where the FM brand is headed, I'm jumping ship!

I agree with your attitude there, but are there any safe havens left? The "it can always be patched later" mentality has affected console games since around halfway through the previous generation. Not that I think Turn 10 would let something like @ZDUPH's example slip through, but it's not impossible that the issue came about because of a related problem, i.e. sloppy testing. Which forthcoming racing title is likely to find better balance between content, physics, graphics, sound, and the usual development blunders than FM6 did? The competitors are to varying degrees facing a serious task.

Where would you go, Speedster? GT, Assetto Corsa when they arrive? pCARS is wonky

PC simming? The best things there are 10 years old. GT Legends, GTR2, rFactor and Race 07

Where would you go, Speedster? GT, Assetto Corsa when they arrive? pCARS is wonky

PC simming? The best things there are 10 years old. GT Legends, GTR2, rFactor and Race 07

Yeah, many options out there - I ain't got the patience or the budget to build a proper gaming PC. Aaammm..... maybe I'll save for a PS4 if GT makes a stormy comeback. I feel like the developers at T10 are just half a**ing it, F6 could have been so much more - instead we get slightly dumbed down audio and visuals in favor of 'slightly' improved physics + more cars and tracks.

Eehhh... I've tried so many times to get into CARS, but it just feels dull and underwhelming, at least on the X1. F4 and 5, best Motorsport games to come out of that studio. 👍

Although F6 does have it's unique strengths which I appreciate. :)

I agree with your attitude there, but are there any safe havens left? The "it can always be patched later" mentality has affected console games since around halfway through the previous generation. Not that I think Turn 10 would let something like @ZDUPH's example slip through, but it's not impossible that the issue came about because of a related problem, i.e. sloppy testing. Which forthcoming racing title is likely to find better balance between content, physics, graphics, sound, and the usual development blunders than FM6 did? The competitors are to varying degrees facing a serious task.

Sloppy testing is something that should not be acceptable in the industry.. why release a broken product to begin with? T10 really set the benchmark, and did not live up to those expectations.

This just might give the next GT game the margin they need since F7 doesn't arrive until 2017. If GT shocks the world with improved dynamic physics and true-to-life engine/race sounds, I just don't know how Forza is going to catch up. I just don't... especially given the carelessness on the dev's part that is evident when you play F6.

Last edited:
Dayem... nasty!

No its not. Almost every single bug is something that rolled over from past gens. Some as far back as FM4. This is no indication other than there are bugd in the game. You're falling back into your old self, where you find some very minor nuisance and blow it out of proportion. This has obviously not been something that is going to destroy their franchise like you're making it out to be.

It's a bug, literally every game has one, and they happen. What exactly is the underlining problem here That you think is destroying the game? How does this bug take away from all the achievements and progression the series has made? It doesn't, while its annoying, take it as the minor problem it is. I've had this happen once, ever. You obviously haven't had it happen at all yet, so how is it hindring you? How is something that doesn't happen to you at all, shows proof that it's going down?

I even went back to go and test the car that was giving me the problem, my B class IDx, and its not even happening anymore. It's a problem that sprouted out of some random thing, probably from swapping an engine and not knowing what audio file to associate it with so it scrambles. Either way, it fixed itself.

Last edited:
Sloppy testing is something that should not be acceptable in the industry.. why release a broken product to begin with? T10 really set the benchmark, and did not live up to those expectations.

This just might give the next GT game the margin they need since F7 doesn't arrive until 2017. If GT shocks the world with improved dynamic physics and true-to-life engine/race sounds, I just don't know how Forza is going to catch up. I just don't... especially given the carelessness on the dev's part that is evident when you play F6.

I never implied it's ok to release buggy or poorly tested games. Unfortunately, it's the reality with almost every big game nowadays. Jumping ship to the next GT or whatever will most likely not change a lot, even if it might surpass FM6 in other ways. The latter is not any more careless than other racing games. The most recent GT games have been work in progress titles far beyond most people's patience. Project CARS was extremely bugged and it's still not good enough. We'll have to wait and see about Asetto Corsa's console version. Turn 10 have already adressed a handful of issues since launch, whereas Polyphony Digital has done little to fix some serious problems. I'm just saying it's optimistic to expect better value elsewhere given the current state of the genre.

Not a bug.

But I really wish that someday one of these company's would make their leaderboards better. Its so frustrating that we dont have leaderboards for each individual car stock model.

Basicly once you set a time in a class, your done. There is no way to set and compare times with other friends in cars that may not be as fast in that particular class.

Also to me it seems many of these developers are out of tocuh with what it is people want. Personally I am not interested in +200 cars or more when the games lack so much in other area's. Id rather a game with 50 good cars that was free of the most obvious bugs when realeased and had the features one should expect of a game at 2015.

Not a bug.

But I really wish that someday one of these company's would make their leaderboards better. Its so frustrating that we dont have leaderboards for each individual car stock model.

Basicly once you set a time in a class, your done. There is no way to set and compare times with other friends in cars that may not be as fast in that particular class.

Also to me it seems many of these developers are out of tocuh with what it is people want. Personally I am not interested in +200 cars or more when the games lack so much in other area's. Id rather a game with 50 good cars that was free of the most obvious bugs when realeased and had the features one should expect of a game at 2015.
I totally agree with the leaderboards. I wish there were seperate leaderboards for the car make you are driving. A lot of the leaderboards are dominated by only a handful of different cars, and there is no way of comparison against other times with the same car as yours.

I never implied it's ok to release buggy or poorly tested games. Unfortunately, it's the reality with almost every big game nowadays. Jumping ship to the next GT or whatever will most likely not change a lot, even if it might surpass FM6 in other ways. The latter is not any more careless than other racing games. The most recent GT games have been work in progress titles far beyond most people's patience. Project CARS was extremely bugged and it's still not good enough. We'll have to wait and see about Asetto Corsa's console version. Turn 10 have already adressed a handful of issues since launch, whereas Polyphony Digital has done little to fix some serious problems. I'm just saying it's optimistic to expect better value elsewhere given the current state of the genre.

They set really high benchmarks with previous games that's all. Neither F5 or 4 had this many bugs. T10 games are not exactly known to have too many bugs, and F6 was a bit of surprise. However, on the X1 at least, I wouldn't chose any other franchise despite the bugs and nuisances; cream of the crop!

No its not. Almost every single bug is something that rolled over from past gens. Some as far back as FM4. This is no indication other than there are bugd in the game. You're falling back into your old self, where you find some very minor nuisance and blow it out of proportion. This has obviously not been something that is going to destroy their franchise like you're making it out to be.

It's a bug, literally every game has one, and they happen. What exactly is the underlining problem here That you think is destroying the game? How does this bug take away from all the achievements and progression the series has made? It doesn't, while its annoying, take it as the minor problem it is. I've had this happen once, ever. You obviously haven't had it happen at all yet, so how is it hindring you? How is something that doesn't happen to you at all, shows proof that it's going down?

I even went back to go and test the car that was giving me the problem, my B class IDx, and its not even happening anymore. It's a problem that sprouted out of some random thing, probably from swapping an engine and not knowing what audio file to associate it with so it scrambles. Either way, it fixed itself.

My old self? Mm-kay, noted. Thanks.

y old self? Mm-kay, noted. Thanks.
yes, your old self. Like when before you even had the game but you would find people post about small bugs and blow it out of proportion, even though you didn't have the game. Now you actually have the game, but you're complaining about a bug you haven't encountered, and act like its the end of the industry.

Another thing is that you seem to pretend that no other game in the franchise had its problems. It's not that way at all as before they wouldn't even fix bugs and left them in to transfer from fm4 to horizon, and from horizon onto fm5. One being the many annoying paint glitches through a lot of cars. Minor problem? Yes. Just like the majority of bugs to pop up, including the one you just quoted. Srill, going on about this sound bug. How is it a big problem if it corrects itself?

This is arguably the stupidest thing I'll read all year, and it's only January 3rd. Wow.

Tell me again how Polyphony Digital is not "careless" and blatantly lazy? Re-using what are basically PS2 car models, releasing the game on the old console 3 years after the last title with perhaps 3 weeks worth of work in it (not to mention the 6 years between 4 and 5), the terrible DLCs with made up cars that would only exist in fantasy world, the awful noises that sound generated on an old 8-bit synth...

I'm sorry but no, there's no way in hell Polyphony Digital will take the world by storm again, not with their current way of doing things. Their glory days are long gone. When GT came out on the PS1, there had been nothing like it before, and you can actually feel they're still riding that wave. You have so many other options nowadays anyway, and PD doesn't seem to notice, still slowly pumping out the same crap. They've already missed the boat.

Are FM6, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars and the likes perfect? No. But they're all better than Gran Turismo.

This is arguably the stupidest thing I'll read all year, and it's only January 3rd. Wow.

Tell me again how Polyphony Digital is not "careless" and blatantly lazy? Re-using what are basically PS2 car models, releasing the game on the old console 3 years after the last title with perhaps 3 weeks worth of work in it (not to mention the 6 years between 4 and 5), the terrible DLCs with made up cars that would only exist in fantasy world, the awful noises that sound generated on an old 8-bit synth...

I'm sorry but no, there's no way in hell Polyphony Digital will take the world by storm again, not with their current way of doing things. Their glory days are long gone. When GT came out on the PS1, there had been nothing like it before, and you can actually feel they're still riding that wave. You have so many other options nowadays anyway, and PD doesn't seem to notice, still slowly pumping out the same crap. They've already missed the boat.

Are FM6, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars and the likes perfect? No. But they're all better than Gran Turismo.

When you take things out of context and misinterpret them, they will no doubt appear completely stupid and will most likely blow your mind (due to the sheer stupidity by way of interpretation)...

"IF" GT shocks the world with those changes.... IF brother... read that again, read it good! :D

PD have had several changes in their company and the next GT game might (just might) address concerns that have been in the game since GT4. FM6 isn't anywhere near the product it could have been given they had 2 years to improve the game... instead the track and car detail plus audio take a couple of steps back while we get MORE cars and tracks plus better physics to compensate. Ok... *clap clap*... great effort T10... just the Forza game we've been waiting for.

There.. it should all be in perspective now, otherwise you're most welcome to take shots in response. Whether I respond or not is another matter.

Gu'day to you matey. :D

Those complaints seem to be based on your own speculations with no proof to back yourself, and I'm not looking to turn this into yet another FM vs GT childish debate.

Examples? Or is this another instance of you witnessing something that literally nobody else that has the game has?

Examples? My own two eyes. Pick any car - FM6's versions look blocky. The car height and track width is not accurate...F5 has a higher poly count and cars look smoother and fuller around edges as a result.

I have no desire to debate over this or provide any kind of "proof/evidence". If you feel detail is better done in FM6, so be it.

Examples? My own two eyes. Pick any car - FM6's versions look blocky. The car height and track width is not accurate...F5 has a higher poly count and cars look smoother and fuller around edges as a result.

I have no desire to debate over this or provide any kind of "proof/evidence". If you feel detail is better done in FM6, so be it.

*sigh*

This again. I'm not sure how to explain this any simpler: if you want to make claims, and present them as any sort of "fact", you'll need to back it up. You agreed to as much.

Since both games have a Photomode, it's really quite simple to contrast and compare the two. As someone that has spent a significant amount of time in that mode, I've yet to see any examples that would align with your claim. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

So, show us. Instead of making things up on a whim.

PD have had several changes in their company
Like?

and the next GT game might (just might) address concerns that have been in the game since GT4.
Like?

instead the track and car detail plus audio take a couple of steps back
For example?

while we get MORE cars and tracks plus better physics to compensate. Ok... *clap clap*... great effort T10... just the Forza game we've been waiting for.
So exactly what you'd expect from a game that has cars that race each other. What exactly is the problem? I fail to see how that's a bad job.

Back