Bulgari Vision Gran Turismo Set For World Finals Reveal, December 3

• Thread starter Famine
  • 214 comments
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

This is Bulgari’s Vision GT Car, Coming to Gran Turismo 7 Soon

Italian luxury goods company Bulgari has just unveiled its Vision Gran Turismo concept car at the GT World Finals in Barcelona, Spain, as part of a new collaboration with Polyphony Digital...

star-wars-junk.gif

Not the nicest thing but front reminds me like a 80s concept car , cockpit looks cool tho
FWA7OvJX0AEqvWt.jpg:large

I came here to say that I dig the styling of the Bulgari Bulldog, but you beat me to it. Zero interest in the brand, but I'm keen to drive the car, and I appreciate the swish dials.

Oh, it's new... I saw it parked off to the side during the Nations Cup and I honestly thought it was just the Ferrari painted silver.

Know what, I like this one more than the Genesis.

Hope this isn't the only way to get this car. Wouldn't be a great precedent to set but exclusivity and fashion houses do tend to go hand in hand.

Their irony of designing a game to be PS4 compatible but then making a car’s acquisition contingent in getting a Vulgari watch…!

I'd much rather have a car that you can actually buy in real life. These VGT concepts don't have that much of an impact on people because they're made for a virtual environment.

Last edited:
With these fashion house collabs in GT7, I hope PD will send someone to scan Ralph Lauren's garage next. :lol:
Popular cars from Ralph Lauren’s garage include the Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic and Mercedes SSK Count Trossi Roadster.

I'm gonna guess their massive involvement with Ferrari is why PD didn't spring for fellow LVMH brand Hublot for a watch collaboration (which I think would've been a somewhat decent replacement for other fellow LVMH brand Tag Heuer)

Last edited:
VGT actually doesn't look bad at all. Gauges are nice nod to Altezza/IS200 .

But IMO as someone who also like watches, would have much more sense to have collaboration with let's say Seiko to produce limited SSC813 Gran Turismo edition, as that watch would be acessible to much wider Gran Turismo players audience as could stay around 800$. Or even TAG would be able to produce watch around 2000$ .

This 5000 $ watch from designer brand is just too expensive for most GT players, and if I am paying that much for a watch, better to be something from a real watchmaker.

To my mind, I find the Bulgari VGT inspired by the Ferrari Sigma and of course, the obvious answer would be the Aston Martin Bulldog. It's like both cars were merged into one, and a barchetta of all things.

I hope to see Racing Team Solvalou liveries on it once it gets added in, or perhaps I will try to recreate the cover of Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero with both the Bulgari and Genesis VGT's.

Last edited:
VGT actually doesn't look bad at all. Gauges are nice nod to Altezza/IS200 .

But IMO as someone who also like watches, would have much more sense to have collaboration with let's say Seiko to produce limited SSC813 Gran Turismo edition, as that watch would be acessible to much wider Gran Turismo players audience as could stay around 800$. Or even TAG would be able to produce watch around 2000$ .

This 5000 $ watch from designer brand is just too expensive for most GT players, and if I am paying that much for a watch, better to be something from a real watchmaker.
That's the thing. It's not what people would have expected.
Me, personally, I don't buy jewelry. Last piece were my wife engagement ring and my own wedding ring. Look, for a PSOne game to last this long in evolution and revolution, these collaborations are pretty impressive. Whether they're everyone's cup of tea or not.

It's refreshing to see a VGT that isn't powered by a 16 cylinder hybrid that produces a million horsepowers. Should make it quite light too.
I get the generalisation you're going for, but I think it's important for a bit of pedantry here.

To date, there's been precisely one 16 cylinder Vision Gran Turismo, which was a precursor to the Chiron, which is a 16 cylinder in the real world, and only had marginally overstated power in the game.

A quick skim through the selection of VGT's and I reckon the most common is 6 cylinder (split between various configurations) or perhaps V8s... and this is why I'm being pedantic. Pretty much all of the manufacturers elected to use a powerplant representative of what they do... BMW Inline 6, AMG V8 Bi-Turbo, Mazda Rotary, Suzuki 'Busa, Daihatsu with a 660cc, Subaru with a Flat 4, Lambo and Aston with V12s, Dodge going with a V10, Nissan have a V6TT, VW using a VR engine, Mini and Mitsubishi with I4's, Hyundai with a fuel cell, Peugeot with the engine from the Pikes Peak car, Zagato stating they virtually sourced a Callaway tuned V8.. etc. etc. They could have all just cheesed it with V16 or some such, but none of them really did (okay, again the 2X is the exception, but I think the reason why Chevvy went with a Chaparral was because they wanted to do something properly 'experimental').

... my point being that to make a generalisation like that - same as the 'spaceship' label - seems to avoid acknowledging some of thought that went into it from the manufacturers.

... my point being that to make a generalisation like that - same as the 'spaceship' label - seems to avoid acknowledging some of thought that went into it from the manufacturers.
Because once again, people think they are a waste of space and should be replaced by the same cars seen in god knows how many other games so they'll never bother at all acknowledging them properly. My recent Favorite complaint is the "Their just dumb marketing", because GT has totally never featured any blatantly obvious Marketing

1701709844997.png

Nope, never.

Last edited:
I’m digging it. Old school futurism. It’s more like a Bertone creation, but it’s more Suzuki GSX-R, than what Suzuki made as their current VGT.
View attachment 1308853

Nearly the same with having to buy car insurance to get a special McLaren F1.
This immediately came to mind for me too. Really strong & unique design on the Bulgari - far better than most of the grad school thesis projects that have been most of the VGTs...in my opinion.

I get the generalisation you're going for, but I think it's important for a bit of pedantry here.

To date, there's been precisely one 16 cylinder Vision Gran Turismo, which was a precursor to the Chiron, which is a 16 cylinder in the real world, and only had marginally overstated power in the game.

A quick skim through the selection of VGT's and I reckon the most common is 6 cylinder (split between various configurations) or perhaps V8s... and this is why I'm being pedantic. Pretty much all of the manufacturers elected to use a powerplant representative of what they do... BMW Inline 6, AMG V8 Bi-Turbo, Mazda Rotary, Suzuki 'Busa, Daihatsu with a 660cc, Subaru with a Flat 4, Lambo and Aston with V12s, Dodge going with a V10, Nissan have a V6TT, VW using a VR engine, Mini and Mitsubishi with I4's, Hyundai with a fuel cell, Peugeot with the engine from the Pikes Peak car, Zagato stating they virtually sourced a Callaway tuned V8.. etc. etc. They could have all just cheesed it with V16 or some such, but none of them really did (okay, again the 2X is the exception, but I think the reason why Chevvy went with a Chaparral was because they wanted to do something properly 'experimental').

Yes I know, I even made a huge post in the Genesis VGT thread detailing every VGT and how most of them (with the exception of Chaparral and Dodge) aren't as outlandish as most people claim and can be made realistic. But too many of the recent ones are going for the hypercar route with close to 1000 HP or more*, to the detriment of driving enjoyment. A 2000 HP EV weighing 2 tonnes with barely any downforce is just not my idea of fun to drive. For me personally the sweet spot is around 300-500 HP and 1000-1300 kg, which is where the Bvlgari hopefully sits. With no car related history they could've made this 2000 HP powered by unobtanium, but they went the small high revving lightweight route, which for me deserves an applaud more than the design itself.

*The worst ones for me are: Audi, Jaguar, Porsche, Italdesign.
Chaparral and Dodge are so far out in the realm of impossibility I can ignore them.
Mazda, Peugeot, Hyundai, Bugatti, McLaren, Lambo, Ferrari are all powerful but they're more race cars than road cars so they have downforce and grip to match.
The rest are all reasonable specs wise.
Hell people hate the Daihatsu but it's one of the more fun ones for me because it's not trying to be the fastest car ever.
The new Genesis, if they remove the hybrid system it loses 200 HP but it will also be a lot lighter and become RWD and would be quite sweet, but I will hold off final impressions until I get to drive it.

Last edited:
...I actually love the design of this one.
Call me weird, but I really like its simplicity, kinda dig the lights too.
(also it looks like a '70s concept car with some cyberpunk flare)

Ok. then we all have to live a fictional life? I prefer reality with real cars and real physics. This is why i chose "The real driving simulator"
If fictional stuff isnt for you, there is also real driving (without simulator).
I dont like most of the VGTs neither, but I dont need to drive them and luckily most often need to see them on tracks in this game.

Latest Posts

Back