Bulgari Vision Gran Turismo Set For World Finals Reveal, December 3

• Thread starter Famine
  • 214 comments
Gran_Turismo_7_logo_(square).svg(1).png

Last edited:
GT7 is a game designed for car culture enthusiasts. If you don’t dream about the future of car, if you don’t understand the spirit of « gran turismo » (not the game title), maybe you are not passionate about cars. Just about racing.

Anything that have 4 wheels, an engine and a steering wheel should passionate you. From an Isetta to a VGT.
If not then…

No, you don't have to do anything. You absolutely have the option to not use the fictional cars.

Then GT7 definitely isn't for you, the physics are very far from reality.
Yes i have the option for real cars but when i go for ex to dealership in GT7 and see that at a prestigious Manufacturer from 7 cars he has on sale 6 are fictional then i feel that GT isn't that what it advertised it would be (a GT4 remake) and i got this feel of waste... too much fiction (about 150 cars from a total of 400). I am glad that i see somebody enjoying these cars that will never exist but this isn't for somebody that likes cars. Real cars. don't expect car enthusiasts to like these never to exist cars...
But the physics are not bad. Not that realistic like assetto corsa for ex. but still ok. Far from reality is for ex. is Need for speed Underground...

GT7 is a game designed for car culture enthusiasts. If you don’t dream about the future of car, if you don’t understand the spirit of « gran turismo » (not the game title), maybe you are not passionate about cars. Just about racing.

Anything that have 4 wheels, an engine and a steering wheel should passionate you. From an Isetta to a VGT.
If not then…
They advertised a remake of GT4 not fictional non-sense. Anything that has wheels i am passionate about, i want to study it and understand it (i am an engineer by the way), but when i see imaginary things i say wtf???

Who the **** needs fictional cars when we don't have for ex: Bentley Speed 8 or Toyota TS020 etc...
The Vision GT programme is not just about adding content to the game - it's about representing concept car development in the game and establishing and expanding relationships with real car companies and designers.

All cars start life as a concept in one way or another, and while some VGT cars are more to one's liking than others, I believe the GT series in general (and not just the current game) has been enriched by the development of the Vision GT programme. Indeed, the game may not include as many great cars as it does if it were not for the strengthened links with manufacturers that the VGT programme has enabled.

Last edited:
Ok. then we all have to live a fictional life? I prefer reality with real cars and real physics. This is why i chose "The real driving simulator"
Lets be real here: Video games are by definition all about living a "fictional life" at their very core, its only a matter of how much reality you want injected in it. This in turn means that as someone who still to this day has never driven ANY real car (and I assume many others), I am by default living a "fictional life" by driving cars I'll realistically never be able to drive no matter who's licensed name is attached to it (Same goes for Flight sims and countless other genres).
One looks like a hot-wheels, the other an eclair. Im kinda surprised how many go for the eclair route these days…
To be fair, Eclairs are pretty damn good (At least to me).
I'd take a BMW Isetta over a Bentley Speed 8 or TS020 any day.
Gasp how dare you spit on GT Royalty!

(Totally not sarcastic, very serious stuff)

Last edited:
So much time spent adding those weird VGT instead of real cars... I miss something here, only Kaz has the answer for sure (image, business, buzz, ego). Anyway...

Last edited:
I know this isn't a very popular opinion but as a general rule, I like the VGT series.

Back in the days of yesteryear, I remember going to car shows and seeing concept cars and wishing I could just ride in them. From the Dodge Viper concept, to the Dodge Intrepid (mid-engine - remember that one anybody?) to the Pontiac TranSport - a car I watched from Concept to birth to eventual passing as the Montana . . . I've loved the idea of a concept car you can drive. For me it started with the CERV IV (I think - the Rotary Corvette.)

The only VGTs I don't have an interest in are the ones that have no interior.

But I agree completely with Touring Mars:

Why can't we have both?

Ok. then we all have to live a fictional life? I prefer reality with real cars and real physics. This is why i chose "The real driving simulator"
May I suggest you check out the "real outside world" from time to time?

I know this isn't a very popular opinion but as a general rule, I like the VGT series.

Back in the days of yesteryear, I remember going to car shows and seeing concept cars and wishing I could just ride in them. From the Dodge Viper concept, to the Dodge Intrepid (mid-engine - remember that one anybody?) to the Pontiac TranSport - a car I watched from Concept to birth to eventual passing as the Montana . . . I've loved the idea of a concept car you can drive. For me it started with the CERV IV (I think - the Rotary Corvette.)

The only VGTs I don't have an interest in are the ones that have no interior.

But I agree completely with Touring Mars:

Why can't we have both?
I have always enjoyed the VGT programme too. We have received a few useless and forgettable cars but we also have some fantastic offerings.

This Bvlgari addition is one of the coolest looking machines yet. Getting a lightweight roadster that doesn't have a billion horsepower is quite exciting for me and I am looking forward to it's arrival.

I have always enjoyed the VGT programme too. We have received a few useless and forgettable cars but we also have some fantastic offerings.

This Bvlgari addition is one of the coolest looking machines yet. Getting a lightweight roadster that doesn't have a billion horsepower is quite exciting for me and I am looking forward to it's arrival.
This would make the Bulgari a very formidable rival to the Honda and Mini Clubman VGT's.

Was wondering where my post went. I forgot to post it!:lol:

Hrmpf. Ahem..

One other thing, in relation to a comment about some new cars and these VGTs with big engines: 4WD. I’m not even bashing its benefits. I’d definitely have the ur-Quattro over the Coupe GT. However, just a plain ol car, driving the two rear wheels, is nearly a lost art form(like the manual transmission).

Short of a TVR, the S2000 is probably the last of great attainable, lightweight, naturally aspirate, wring its neck, high-strung, thrilling RWD racer for the road type cars. It bugs me Honda only came up with their VGT. Meanwhile, the daggone 2&4 is gathering dust. Not even an homage to the S800 or any of their famous F1 machines.
My point driven home by my YouTube feed notification:

That’s why it’s a bit ironic Bulgari come up with their concept. I applaud their back to basics open cockpit entry.

these futuristic modern Dubai luxury cars visions. I'm not a fan. I only drive these GT vision cars to clear the board, otherwise I leave it for the plastic race games. But Thank you for the Audi DTM RS 19 And the new Porsche. I do wish heartly for a Citroen 2CV now that could be fun..

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Bulgari’s Gran Turismo Watch Costs $4,800

The “Bulgari Aluminium Vision GT” concept car and its accompanying real-world watch were revealed at the GT World Series Finals in Barcelona last weekend, but the announcement was fairly light on details. Over the past few days, more specific information about the watch’s price and availability has now become known...

Last edited:
Back