Buttkicker gamer 2

• Thread starter Shinu
  • 60 comments

Shinu

Premium
KagoZuchi
In short, is it worth it? I'm planning to use it with my ps4 (probably connected to the TV ). I'm thinking it would add a lot for general psvr usage and GTsport (plus other sims). I would connect it to my GTomega racing seat (specifically to the main metal pole). Has anyone have some experience?

I've got two of them bolted up to my Obutto Ozone and wouldn't race without 'em. In fact, I'm thinking of getting two more when I get a little more disposable scratch. Believe me, it adds a whole new level of immersion.

Also would my neighbors murder me? I'm using rubber mat already to counter my chair moving but I have a feeling that is not enough

If you live in an apartment, yeah they could cause some issues lol I know a lot of shakers are marketed as "silent subwoofers" but where the gamer 2's are concerned, there's nothing silent about them. At high volume, the rattle like crazy.

If you live in an apartment, yeah they could cause some issues lol I know a lot of shakers are marketed as "silent subwoofers" but where the gamer 2's are concerned, there's nothing silent about them. At high volume, the rattle like crazy.
To my understanding It is not the sound but vibrations that are the problem?

I’m really close to getting one of these, but sounds like it won’t work when using a wireless/Bluetooth headset on PS4. Been doing some extensive websearching to find a solution but this scenario doesn’t seem possible.

Would like to hear from others that use a headset (wireless or wired) and how they get both to work at the same time. Open to some advice.

I’m really close to getting one of these, but sounds like it won’t work when using a wireless/Bluetooth headset on PS4. Been doing some extensive websearching to find a solution but this scenario doesn’t seem possible.

Would like to hear from others that use a headset (wireless or wired) and how they get both to work at the same time. Open to some advice.

I am sure from memory I did have my Turtle Beach X41 working directly from the PS4. PS4>X41 Transmitter via S/PDIF. From the Transmitter 3.5mm jack output into the Buttkicker AMP. X41 Wireless Headset and 2x Buttkicker Gamer 2 Speakers working.

My current set up is my Turtle Beach PX4 headset connects directly to my TV via S/PDIF. The S/PDIF from PS4 goes into my X41 Wireless Transmitter>3.5mm>Denon AMP. 2 x Buttkicker's connect to the Denon AMP with Banana Plugs connections and Speaker Cables.

Last edited:
Where bouts are they still in stock ? I haven't seen any for a few years now... I have one and want to get upto another 3.

Edit: I just checked my local distributor is FINALLY expecting stock early new year ...sweet !

I have been researching these and might pull the trigger. I have a normal 5.1 sound system and the play seat challenge. I assume I can just clamp this to the Challange seat somehow, but I'm curious how would be my best way to connect it to my audio system. Maybe from the second sub output on my audio receiver?

Buy Buttkicker LFE and good subwoofer. Then - launch „Gravity” movie. Nobody will hear their scream in space.
Or put on one of thoe 10 horu youtube videos of the Star Trek Enterprise background noise. That's my jam

Got mine today, hooked up the amp via a DAC driven from optical output from PS4. Works great, love it!

Edit:

I hooked mine up through optical(direct from PS4) then a DAC to the amp, because my A/V system is finely calibrated and I wasn't going to go messing it up to get the LFE output high enough to drive the buttkicker amp.

My DAC is of audiophile quality, but I'm confident that the $20 ones on Amazon would do just fine for the same effect.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MXJ83G4/?tag=gtplanet-20

I'd try this before mucking up you LFE settings on your home theater system.

And Yes the PS4 will run duel audio output , one through HDMI and one through optical output.

Last edited:
Got mine today, hooked up the amp via a DAC driven from optical output from PS4. Works great, love it!

Edit:

I hooked mine up through optical(direct from PS4) then a DAC to the amp, because my A/V system is finely calibrated and I wasn't going to go messing it up to get the LFE output high enough to drive the buttkicker amp.

My DAC is of audiophile quality, but I'm confident that the $20 ones on Amazon would do just fine for the same effect.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MXJ83G4/?tag=gtplanet-20

I'd try this before mucking up you LFE settings on your home theater system.

And Yes the PS4 will run duel audio output , one through HDMI and one through optical output.

How bad is the vibration to the floor (still thinking about it) . Can't find a shop which ships those kinetic feet to europe .

How bad is the vibration to the floor (still thinking about it) . Can't find a shop which ships those kinetic feet to europe .

It's not horrible, but is noticeable. Probably not the best idea for apartment living. Isolating your chair/rig from the floor would be wise.

Nothing on eBay or Amazon?

Do you have Sony wireless headset? Does audio through optical also muting when headset is on?

I do not have the head set.

What I can tell you is that I get sound though my theater A/V system(HDMI) and audio signal to the buttkicker amp (optical to DAC).

I know nothing of headsets.

I've got two of them bolted up to my Obutto Ozone and wouldn't race without 'em. In fact, I'm thinking of getting two more when I get a little more disposable scratch. Believe me, it adds a whole new level of immersion.

I am looking to buy myself some type of tactile for my Obutto Ozone. Would really appreciate some pictures as to how and where you mounted your shakers. Also any pics of the wiring.

Do you have any pearls of wisdom? Things you wish you did or would do differently?

Thanks

Bought one (should come soon) .. will see if my neighbors will kill me in couple of days :D. Optical cable is recommended for ps4 ?

Any idea if this will work if I run the optical cable from my tv to the converter, so I can still use a wireless headset?
Can your TV have sound while using the headset? Do you have to turn the volume down on the TV while using the headset? I do not have any experience with the headsets.

Can your TV have sound while using the headset? Do you have to turn the volume down on the TV while using the headset? I do not have any experience with the headsets.

I can have sound through my tv and the headset. The headset is connected to the console via wireless usb. I turn the tv volume down though so it's not coming through the tv speakers. I'm hoping if I run the optical cable from the tv to the converter, then to the buttkicker, it would just send the sound from my tv to the buttkicker.

I can have sound through my tv and the headset. The headset is connected to the console via wireless usb. I turn the tv volume down though so it's not coming through the tv speakers. I'm hoping if I run the optical cable from the tv to the converter, then to the buttkicker, it would just send the sound from my tv to the buttkicker.

I think it will work fine. Just make sure that the TV is outputting in PCM not in Dolby or some other codec. The cheaper converters are only good for PCM, which is part why they are cheap . You are not paying extra for the codec decoders licensing and chips.

I think it will work fine. Just make sure that the TV is outputting in PCM not in Dolby or some other codec. The cheaper converters are only good for PCM, which is part why they are cheap . You are not paying extra for the codec decoders licensing and chips.

Sounds good. I went ahead and ordered the converter that you linked.

Why not to conect Butkicker via RCA from TV? You don't need digital to analog converter.

Tried it .. was awesome .. neighbors started banging the radiators ...

Is there any use from those kinetic isolator legs ? Should I try to find them?

Back