Buttkicker now available again!!

• Thread starter trk29
  • 111 comments
Is there a way to connect the Buttkicker to your audio system via HDMI? Right now I have an HDMI cable from PS3 to amp, then passthru from amp to TV. How would I be able to incorporate a buttkicker into that setup?

Is there a way to connect the Buttkicker to your audio system via HDMI? Right now I have an HDMI cable from PS3 to amp, then passthru from amp to TV. How would I be able to incorporate a buttkicker into that setup?

You can hook your buttkicker up to the LFE output on your amp. That is the Low Frequency Output(LFE) that you hook a subwoofer up to.

is it possible to remove the clamp from the buttkicker gamer 2 and mount it directly to a chair, and also is it possible to hook an aura pro bass shaker up to a ps3 without a home theater receiver (like the buttkicker does)?

Two things about the BKG2:

It does not work as well with a cockpit configuration as with a central post office chair. It was designed to clamp onto the post of the seat you are sitting on which means the vibrations travel directly up to your ... butt! The seat in a cockpit is generally "suspended" on a frame, which means the vibrations are diffused through the frame/springs.

Secondly, the vibrations correspond to sound inputs, which are not always associated with the engine of the car you are driving. In GT5 this is a problem because of the strange sound balance that shifts as you accelerate & as you move closer & further away from other cars.

It would be great if a GAME could generate vibrations to the BK directly, in the same way that it does to a FFB wheel. Then the effect could be REALLY effective.

I'm considering this but live in a condo on the 4th floor. I have hardwood floors and am worried my downstairs neighbors will sense the vibration. Is that something I should be concerned about or is it not that strong to effect that? I'd be mounting it on my playseat.

I been using one of these on my rig for about 6 months now. Sort of a pain to get it dialed in, but once you do, its well worth the effort.

I'm considering this but live in a condo on the 4th floor. I have hardwood floors and am worried my downstairs neighbors will sense the vibration. Is that something I should be concerned about or is it not that strong to effect that? I'd be mounting it on my playseat.

There is a lot of "vibration noise" generated, but would not be louder than the game sound through speakers. You'd want to put some kind of mat under the playseat to prevent the vibrations traveling straight through the floor.

I've been using my new Gamer 2 for two days now and love it. Makes a big difference. I have it hooked up to my playseat evo using the socket attachment instructions on YouTube. Have it hooked up to LFE output. Adds alot to the game.

The ButtKicker Gamer 2 or even the BKA300 does not have to use the LFE channel from an A/V reciever. You can use the Component or Composite out from the PS3 (Not HDMI) if you do not have an A/V reciever. If using headphones you may have to "split" the signal between the headphones and ButtKicker amp. I have the Turtlebeach headphones and they already have the inline RCA connectors where you could connect a BK Gamer 2, The Gamer 2 should also come with a splitter or Y cable to attach the BK amp.

I have the Turtle Beach X41's and they only have RCA inputs not outputs. What I'm going to do is use the headphone jack to RCA converter that comes with the BKG2 and plug it into the front headphone jack on the Turtle Beach tower. I have a toslink switcher attached to my Turtle Beach toslink port so I can choose 360, PS3 or PC with full BKG2 support by simply flicking a switch.

How would a BKG2 be set up in an optical 5.1 sound system? Does it have optical in and out to allow a pass through? Is that even needed?

Amazon still does not have the BKG2 in stock :(

I have a Turtle Beach DXP-21 headset running from my receiver's optical out. Works great, just have to turn the receiver down so I won't hear sound from the speakers.

How would a BKG2 be set up in an optical 5.1 sound system? Does it have optical in and out to allow a pass through? Is that even needed?

I have a Turtle Beach DXP-21 headset running from my receiver's optical out. Works great, just have to turn the receiver down so I won't hear sound from the speakers.

If your using a 5.1 setup through optical just hook the BKG2 up to your LFE(subwoofer) output on the stereo. You can split it so the signal still goes to your sub as well. Very easy to setup.

If your using a 5.1 setup through optical just hook the BKG2 up to your LFE(subwoofer) output on the stereo. You can split it so the signal still goes to your sub as well. Very easy to setup.

Thats the way I run mine, and it works very well. I think it works even better this way, as I can control it better through the receiver/amp settings.

The P21 has a headphone jack. Use the headphone to RCA converter that comes with the BKG2 and plug it in there. The advantage is that you can play without having to fire up your amplifier and subwoofer.

I've placed my order and waiting for delivery now... :)

Btw those at amazon I believe is gamer2, although not mentioned gamer2, but the item code is correct.

For those with the playseat did you hook it to the rear of the seat frame or under the front of the seat? I mounted mine in the rear portion ( damn that sounded bad) but am wondering if I would get more vibration through the seat if I hooked it to the front portion.

I tried to find one of these in Australia, but all the locals who used to supply dont anymore, and BK wont deliver outside the US/Canada... why why why!

Anyhow, I may see if I can get one delivered through Amazon.
I just wonder how to hook it up to my GTextreme from Pagnian Imports.

For those with the playseat did you hook it to the rear of the seat frame or under the front of the seat? I mounted mine in the rear portion ( damn that sounded bad) but am wondering if I would get more vibration through the seat if I hooked it to the front portion.

I used the socket mounting method. I have had mine on the front and the rear. I didnt really see much difference. I just let it in the back, as the way I have it wired through the seat, it works out best for wire management for me.

Like it a lot when it's doing what I want it too! Having a hard time dialing out music. There aren't enough connection options in the box.

I need to get a L/R female to single male RCA cable to run straight from the PS3' audio out. I was running the Y from my "mains to external amp". Worked fine, as long as audio is going through mains. If most of the sound was coming from the center channel, I had no signal. Now I'm sending my "subwoofer out" to the BK Amp and then back out to the sub.

I can't use a headphone jack, my receiver only has the 1/4" jack and I don't have an adapter.

It's just a little frustrating getting it dialed in. I really don't want to have to turn my music off. I wish they could develop this thing to use the FFB and vibration codes directly from the PS3.

I'm also playing with different mounting points on the Obutto. Right now it's on the right front down bar of the seat part of the frame.

Am I happy with my $130 investment? You bet'cha! The first wall you crash into or car that hits you or low rumble of an idling engine makes it worth it!

Just make sure you have the buttkicker connect vertically on the Obutto since it design for the piston to run up and down the shaft and not sideways. I actually use the socket like they do with playseat. I have the socket aim downward where the seat bolts to the frame. I put it toward the back so most of the vibration at the seat and less to the monitors.

Any recommendations for settings? I have it T 40 and with both switches on (short position) but I don't feel it that much, also I am using a playseat with the socket.

I wish they could develop this thing to use the FFB and vibration codes directly from the PS3.

This!

It would be great if games were programmed to activate the BKG motor directly - in the same way as wheel FFB - rather than utilizing sound as a stimulus.

As it stands, the BKG is only sporadically effective, depending on the in-game sounds, which don't always have a meaningful connection to vibration. Having a direct relationship between what happens in the game & BKG vibrations would be a HUGE step up & make the BKG a "must-have" accessory.

I don't about the Obutto cockpit, but the BKG is not overly impressive with a Playseat, as the vibrations travel through the frame & are felt more in the pedal plate than the actual seat. Before I got my Playseat I used the BKG clamped to the central post of an office chair - it was much more effective this way, as the vibrations travel directly up the post to your ... butt. This was, in fact, the way that the BKG was designed to be used.

Guys, you do know that the Buttkicker is primarily designed to work with low-end frequencies? :) It's much happier being fed from the LFE (subwoofer) output on a home-cinema amp than being fed from the PS3 or TV directly. You also get a lot more control over the output this way. 👍

That's not to say that it won't work well with any other channels (I have one driven by the centre channel myself) but you won't have the necessary control over the effects. You'll always have "noise" from other sound effects/music etc and that additional noise may not be welcome!

Trust me when I say that the Buttkicker (and in fact, any tactile unit), when set up correctly is a huge addition to a cockpit... :)

Yes, I'm using the sub output to feed the BK and then back out to the sub. Yeah, some crashes are VIOLENT with the ButtKicker in place!!! Even the music being on, I'm getting used to it. This is the what car audio enthusiasts strive for, "bass you can feel"!

Back