Buttkicker on PS5

• Thread starter ramenking
  • 73 comments
i have an optical out on my tv, which I currently run to my home stereo. I know I can run a buttkicker easily enough if I just run my stereo and a buttkicker. Even running a headset is easy enough, just plug it into the stereos headphone out. Boom done. The issue is I’m trying to figure out how to get game audio with chat audio coming out of a headset while still getting info to the buttkicker. That seems to be the hurdle. Can you confirm you can plug your headset into the controller and get game audio plus chat audio and the buttkicker still works?

also thanks for taking the time to reply.
Ah I see what you mean, probably best to connect headphones and buttkicker with splitter to controller if you want to use chat

Ah I see what you mean, probably best to connect headphones and buttkicker with splitter to controller if you want to use chat
I may just leave it, Sony could easily just give an option to cancel audio to tv when you turn on your headset or not cancel the audio. Typical, try to fix one thing while creating another problem because they don’t actually understand what people might be using it for. I’m sure people complained before that they had to mute their tv if using headphones… just have a toggle in menus. Yes or no. Lol.

I may just leave it, Sony could easily just give an option to cancel audio to tv when you turn on your headset or not cancel the audio. Typical, try to fix one thing while creating another problem because they don’t actually understand what people might be using it for. I’m sure people complained before that they had to mute their tv if using headphones… just have a toggle in menus. Yes or no. Lol.
Yes, options!

If I run my Pulse3D wirelessly I can't run sound through my tv at the same time as the HDMI is greyed out. I have to have it wired through either a splitter from my hand controller and to the BK, or from the 3.5mm headphone jack split to the BK. Ideally I'd just run the Pulse3D wirelessly and the BK from the TV, but nooooo, no option for that. :grumpy:

From what I've read of other peoples experience, the 3D sound doesn't come from the hand controller (only stereo) but I haven't tried it yet to either confirm or deny it. Even if it does output 3D I'd still rather have the option to run the Pulse wirelessly.

Yes, options!

If I run my Pulse3D wirelessly I can't run sound through my tv at the same time as the HDMI is greyed out. I have to have it wired through either a splitter from my hand controller and to the BK, or from the 3.5mm headphone jack split to the BK. Ideally I'd just run the Pulse3D wirelessly and the BK from the TV, but nooooo, no option for that. :grumpy:

From what I've read of other peoples experience, the 3D sound doesn't come from the hand controller (only stereo) but I haven't tried it yet to either confirm or deny it. Even if it does output 3D I'd still rather have the option to run the Pulse wirelessly.
I don’t fully understand it, like maybe there’s a limitation, but I’m pretty sure I used to run my headset and stereo at the same time. I remember taking my headset off and realizing my stereo was on. So we used to be able to do it. i almost bought a buttkicker when I was on PS3 which also had the optical out, I just didn’t have the cash at the time. Now I do and I can’t lol

With the psvr2 it carries both signals so this is Sony not implementing the audio features into the base ps5 ui
Does it still carry both signals if you run the Pulse3D headset wirelessly with PSVR2? I haven't tried it yet but that's piece of the puzzle that's missing for me.
Yh it only does it if you have psvr2 …. Why !!
👍 I agree 100%, and it's something that's been complained about since everyone first realised at the PS5's release.

Does it still carry both signals if you run the Pulse3D headset wirelessly with PSVR2? I haven't tried it yet but that's piece of the puzzle that's missing for me.

👍 I agree 100%, and it's something that's been complained about since everyone first realised at the PS5's release.
I can’t vouch for the pulse 3D but I reckon it will, I run the razor v3 pro hypersense which are wireless (usb a dongle) not Bluetooth and they support 3D audio and work perfectly. I even plugged in some wired headphones into the headset and they worked aswell just to test. It makes me wonder if someone can make a usb c dongle which tricks the ps5 into opening up both audio channels, kind of like mimicking the psvr2.

Last edited:
I can’t vouch for the pulse 3D but I reckon it will, I run the razor v3 pro hypersense which are wireless (usb a dongle) not Bluetooth and they support 3D audio and work perfectly. I even plugged in some wired headphones into the headset and they worked aswell just to test. It makes me wonder if someone can make a usb c dongle which tricks the ps5 into opening up both audio channels, kind of like mimicking the psvr2.
I don’t want to try it, but I wonder if you used a USB C to Hdmi, to Hdmi audio extractor? Lol

That's good news. I'll try the Pulse3D sometime this week and update here. If it does work it will solve the problem I had as my ButtKicker is plugged into my TV headphone jack via a splitter (with the other half going to a set of Logitech PC speakers with a sub).

At least I'll have the option of running quietly with just the headphones, BK, PSVR2 and no sound on the TV... hopefully.

I used a digital to analog audio splitter connecting optical cable from TV to Splitter and optical from splitter to receiver (for a 5.1 surround sound as I have 5 speakers placed on my rig), and then Analog from Splitter to Buttkicker. Because I have VRR/Low Latency/HDR TV, I connected the eArc HDMI from TV to PS5 so video goes separate and I don't need to use an extractor which is limited to 4K 60Hz (so VRR and Low Latency wouldn't work). That did the trick. Now I need to find a good fine tuned adjustment between the receiver volume, the game sound output and the buttkicker amplifier.

What audio splitter did you buy? Can you post a link if possible?

I HAVE THE 1ST GEN BUTTKICKER. I HAVE GOT THE PARTS EVERYONE SAYS USE BUT I CAN GET A SIGNAL TO THE BUTTKICKER.I CAN PLUG HEADPHONES INTO EMULATOR AND GET SOUND, BUT WHEN PLUGED INTO BUTTKICKER I GET NOTHING.

I just got this and so far works great for audio extraction. I have a shaker amp. It gives you analog and optical audio It support 120hz allm hdr vrr with the software update. Make sure you follow the instructions and update it first. Many problems were fixed for Ps5/xbox. There 3 little levers in the front the set the correct settings for your console and tv. I stress follow the instructions and it works great. Now I cant say time wise as I just got this but a few others claim it does great with ps5.

Back