Buttkicker on PS5

• Thread starter ramenking
  • 73 comments
Sell the buttkicker and buy some bass shakers/tranducers. I have 4 on my playseat challenge connected to two mini amps off Amazon. They plug into my laptop via usb and I run free program called simhub. All 4 act as each seperate wheel and vibrate when going over kerbs etc on my PS5

Sell the buttkicker and buy some bass shakers/tranducers. I have 4 on my playseat challenge connected to two mini amps off Amazon. They plug into my laptop via usb and I run free program called simhub. All 4 act as each seperate wheel and vibrate when going over kerbs etc on my PS5
Wait, how did you get simhub on a laptop to talk to the ps5?

I ended up finding an extractor that does 4K earc hdmi and has a headphone output so I bought that and the buttkicker.. I can always return it though.
What’s the reason it doesn’t work well? Would that be the case even with a headphone out? Can’t you filter out the higher frequency stuff? I’m hoping gt7 will be different and work well
If you have headphones you can change them to chat only (settings>sound> audio output, scroll down to headphones>output to headphones and change that to chat only) and run your main audio/ButtKicker from HDMI so you shouldn't have the chat problem.

You can filter higher frequencies a bit but as far as I know it's not as effective as running a system like @lancashire lad has suggested. That's all a bit much for me so I just stick with a basic set-up and while not perfect it does still add to the immersion. The original Project Cars is still the best I've ever felt when using my ButtKicker.

Wait, how did you get simhub on a laptop to talk to the ps5?
F12021, project cars etc send udp info to the laptop, this is then used by the simhub program. Just need the laptop to be on same wifi. You can set it up in the game settings, works perfectly and you are getting realtime info from the game.

F12021, project cars etc send udp info to the laptop, this is then used by the simhub program. Just need the laptop to be on same wifi. You can set it up in the game settings, works perfectly and you are getting realtime info from the game.
Does gran turismo support this too? That also means you can run motion like the nextlevelracing stuff?

Man if I can get motion on GT7 like this you guys are my heroes. The last time I had a racing wheel, was on gran turismo 3 aspec on my ps2 and I was using some Mad Catz blue wheel without force feedback.. It seems tech has come quite a ways and March can't get here soon enough

Last edited:
Does gran turismo support this too? That also means you can run motion like the nextlevelracing stuff?
Unfortunately I don't think the gt games support udp it's more of the sim games that do. Gt is leaning more towards arcade. Im sure if GT7 had it we would of heard something by now. I use it mainly on F12021

Unfortunately I don't think the gt games support udp it's more of the sim games that do. Gt is leaning more towards arcade. Im sure if GT7 had it we would of heard something by now. I use it mainly on F12021
I thought that GT7 would be more of a sim this time and stay true to the "Real Driving Simulator" title they give themselves..
Are there better sim games than GT7 for PS5 currently or coming out?

thought that GT7 would be more of a sim this time and stay true to the "Real Driving Simulator" title they give themselves..
Are there better sim games than GT7 for PS5 currently or coming out?
Assetto Corsa Competizione is cheap at the moment, I got it for PS4 for around £8 off ebay, in February they are releasing the PS5 version and its a free upgrade if you own the PS4 version.

So, I received my buttkicker and extractor in the mail today and before I returned it I decided to test it out and decide what to do afterwards... I AM KEEPING THIS THING! After setting up and fiddling with some settings, it actually works.. Kicks back when you shift or hit some rumble strips or uneven pavement or bump into things etc, and gives a good immersive feeling. It isn't super super precise, so it's not going to make anyone faster, but it's a nice thing to have for the experience.

Here's what I did

Connection: Hdmi from PS5 to extractor, then extractor to TV and then Digital Optic out from TV into my soundbar. Headphone splitter from extractor into the Buttkicker. Done.

GT Sport Settings: Initially before making adjustments, the thing just rumbled constantly.. Clicked in the button to filter out the high frequency, set the knob to about 70, and set volume to something that felt good and that helped a little bit. Then, GT Sport has a sound setting called enhanced audio.. I clicked this setting, turned most of the music off except for menus (but low volume), and then for transmission I set that to +5, opponent engine to +5, engine to +1, and tire squeal to +1, and this feels GREAT! I did only attach it to my office chair though, but will be getting the GTtrack on Monday.

Also, yesterday I cancelled my preorder for the GT DD Pro and made an order for the GT DD Pro express (didn't know it was the same wheel as the preorder otherwise wtf heck yeah I'll pay $150 to have it now lol), but also added the boost kit, Clubsport V3 pedals, and the brake performance kit. Hopefully they ship this out before they do inventory next week and my order gets stuck until after they're done doing inventory.

just tried F12021 on PS5 with simhub , my transducers work perfectly , hope more console games support UDP , such as Gran Turismo series , for perfect transducer experience , signal shake always better and accurate than audio shake

So, I received my buttkicker and extractor in the mail today and before I returned it I decided to test it out and decide what to do afterwards... I AM KEEPING THIS THING! After setting up and fiddling with some settings, it actually works.. Kicks back when you shift or hit some rumble strips or uneven pavement or bump into things etc, and gives a good immersive feeling. It isn't super super precise, so it's not going to make anyone faster, but it's a nice thing to have for the experience.

Here's what I did

Connection: Hdmi from PS5 to extractor, then extractor to TV and then Digital Optic out from TV into my soundbar. Headphone splitter from extractor into the Buttkicker. Done.

GT Sport Settings: Initially before making adjustments, the thing just rumbled constantly.. Clicked in the button to filter out the high frequency, set the knob to about 70, and set volume to something that felt good and that helped a little bit. Then, GT Sport has a sound setting called enhanced audio.. I clicked this setting, turned most of the music off except for menus (but low volume), and then for transmission I set that to +5, opponent engine to +5, engine to +1, and tire squeal to +1, and this feels GREAT! I did only attach it to my office chair though, but will be getting the GTtrack on Monday.

Also, yesterday I cancelled my preorder for the GT DD Pro and made an order for the GT DD Pro express (didn't know it was the same wheel as the preorder otherwise wtf heck yeah I'll pay $150 to have it now lol), but also added the boost kit, Clubsport V3 pedals, and the brake performance kit. Hopefully they ship this out before they do inventory next week and my order gets stuck until after they're done doing inventory.
Glad you got it working, although I believe the buttkicker will be working off the bass frequency and not the suspension geometry as it does if using a programme such as simhub. Any extra immersion is good though. 🙂

Glad you got it working, although I believe the buttkicker will be working off the bass frequency and not the suspension geometry as it does if using a programme such as simhub. Any extra immersion is good though. 🙂
Hopefully GT7 has some surprises for us

Here's what I did

@crpytoracer — I just preordered the DD pro with load cell and boost kit and was going to order the GT track for GT7. was thinking of getting the buttkicker to use with my ps5ps plus headphones for GT7. Can you please help me with this set up???

@crpytoracer — I just preordered the DD pro with load cell and boost kit and was going to order the GT track for GT7. was thinking of getting the buttkicker to use with my ps5ps plus headphones for GT7. Can you please help me with this set up???
I use wired headphones and buttkicker plugged into monitor (buttkicker comes with 2 into 1 adapter)
Ps5 won’t output sound to wireless headphones and monitor at same time, this is main reason I use wired, also don’t have to worry about charging.

Just curious how this is working on ps5 and gt7?

I also recently saw something about the buttkicker gamer plus, anyone familiar with that on ps5?

Last edited:
How about the gamer pro? You think it’s worth it to put on a NLR GT track rig? It it too much power for it? It’s a $50 difference so figured it’s worth it

Last edited:
I used a digital to analog audio splitter connecting optical cable from TV to Splitter and optical from splitter to receiver (for a 5.1 surround sound as I have 5 speakers placed on my rig), and then Analog from Splitter to Buttkicker. Because I have VRR/Low Latency/HDR TV, I connected the eArc HDMI from TV to PS5 so video goes separate and I don't need to use an extractor which is limited to 4K 60Hz (so VRR and Low Latency wouldn't work). That did the trick. Now I need to find a good fine tuned adjustment between the receiver volume, the game sound output and the buttkicker amplifier.

I used a digital to analog audio splitter connecting optical cable from TV to Splitter and optical from splitter to receiver (for a 5.1 surround sound as I have 5 speakers placed on my rig), and then Analog from Splitter to Buttkicker. Because I have VRR/Low Latency/HDR TV, I connected the eArc HDMI from TV to PS5 so video goes separate and I don't need to use an extractor which is limited to 4K 60Hz (so VRR and Low Latency wouldn't work). That did the trick. Now I need to find a good fine tuned adjustment between the receiver volume, the game sound output and the buttkicker amplifier.
Are you using your buttkicker with GT7? (Which buttkicker do you have by the way?) Can I ask what you think of it so far?

I've been all over reddit, youtube, gtplanet, etc and I haven't really found a single person talking in any detail about their experience using a buttkicker with GT7. I'm considering getting the new buttkicker gamer plus, but I'm playing mostly GT7 right now and if it's not very good I'll hold off and buy one later when I'm playing on PC more.

I have GT7 on PS5 using a sony 55X85J TV. I have the new Buttkicker Gamer Plus. The TV is VRR/ALLM/HDR so if I want to keep the best picture quality the audio extractor doesn't work. Reason why I kept video thru HDMI 2.1 and used the TV optical out thru the splitter to have the buttkicker working. I am still fiddling with the frequency and volume settings to find the best tuning but so far I must say I am very pleased with the additional sensation of immersion. At a minimum feeling the rumbling of the engine while driving makes it worthy.

Last edited:
I have GT7 on PS5 using a sony 55X85J TV. I have the new Buttkicker Gamer Plus. The TV is VRR/ALLM/HDR so if I want to keep the best picture quality the audio extractor doesn't work. Reason why I kept video thru HDMI 2.1 and used the TV optical out thru the splitter to have the buttkicker working. I am still fiddling with the frequency and volume settings to find the best tuning but so far I must say I am very pleased with the additional sensation of immersion. At a minimum feeling the rumbling of the engine while driving makes it worthy.
Thank you! That just might be enough to sway me over, I've been on the fence for a couple weeks just been nervous because I couldn't find any reviews and I didn't want it to be terrible haha.

Thank you! That just might be enough to sway me over, I've been on the fence for a couple weeks just been nervous because I couldn't find any reviews and I didn't want it to be terrible haha.
I wasn't sure it would even work at the beginning as GT7 does not support any motion hardware (I've been in contact with NLR about their motion platform and they are working on it). That said, my set up works as good as it can be considering that when paired to GT7 it uses sound as opposed to direct signal to provide tactile feedback. It is the only additional sensation other than sound and graphics that you will get when playing GT7, so I say it's worth the $.

Last edited:

Here's what I did

Thanks, what HDMi did how Bought? And what soundbar Did you have

Last edited:
I use wired headphones and buttkicker plugged into monitor (buttkicker comes with 2 into 1 adapter)
Ps5 won’t output sound to wireless headphones and monitor at same time, this is main reason I use wired, also don’t have to worry about charging.
Hey, are you then running a buttkicker but have game audio and chat audio through your wired headphones? If soand it’s all working, let me know which headphones and buttkicker you’re running. I don’t mind running wired headphones didn’t know if wired the PS5 till ran audio to tv/stereo…

Hey, are you then running a buttkicker but have game audio and chat audio through your wired headphones? If soand it’s all working, let me know which headphones and buttkicker you’re running. I don’t mind running wired headphones didn’t know if wired the PS5 till ran audio to tv/stereo…
Running a buttkicker gamer 2 and hyper x cloud revolver headphones through a beringer mini amp all plugged into my monitor.

If I want to use chat (which I never use) I’d have to plug headphones direct into controller, doing this I’d still have audio working to buttkicker via monitor.

Running a buttkicker gamer 2 and hyper x cloud revolver headphones through a beringer mini amp all plugged into my monitor.

If I want to use chat (which I never use) I’d have to plug headphones direct into controller, doing this I’d still have audio working to buttkicker via monitor.
i have an optical out on my tv, which I currently run to my home stereo. I know I can run a buttkicker easily enough if I just run my stereo and a buttkicker. Even running a headset is easy enough, just plug it into the stereos headphone out. Boom done. The issue is I’m trying to figure out how to get game audio with chat audio coming out of a headset while still getting info to the buttkicker. That seems to be the hurdle. Can you confirm you can plug your headset into the controller and get game audio plus chat audio and the buttkicker still works?

also thanks for taking the time to reply.

Last edited:
My setup is similar to this but no splitter 👆

I went HDMI from PS5 to TV. Then, HDMI from TV to receiver. Then, receiver to buttkicker. I have dual sub outs on my receiver so, I dedicated one to the buttkicker. Basically, my receiver acts as my splitter.

Now, I'm trying to figure out a way to use 3D audio headphones with the buttkicker because my wife can't stand the sounds of engines racing throughout the house. :lol:

Last edited:
Back