Button mapping resetPS4 

• Thread starter thomasw
  • 16 comments
Just map the buttons you need. Any changes will delete whatever was mapped before. IE if you have triangle mapped for handbrake and then map triangle for something else your handbrake will not be assigned to any button.

Just map the buttons you need. Any changes will delete whatever was mapped before. IE if you have triangle mapped for handbrake and then map triangle for something else your handbrake will not be assigned to any button.

However, the game REFUSED to allow me to not use Gear Up and Gear a Down, despite me using an auto tranny. It wouldn't even let me map them to L3 & R3. Shame on you SMS!

Does the reset reset your steering settings at the same time?

You're very welcome.

However, the game REFUSED to allow me to not use Gear Up and Gear a Down, despite me using an auto tranny. It wouldn't even let me map them to L3 & R3. Shame on you SMS!

Agreed. You're also forcefully required to have a KERS button as well. Silly stuff that should be easily remedied. Let's hope they change it.

Does the reset reset your steering settings at the same time?

Yes, unfortunately. So take a screenshot in advance.

So you guys are changing your controls and backing out????? I try to change something and it says 'Not all required are assigned' which is crazy because when I Reset the controls, it leaves some actions blank. What am I missing here? Whats wrong with me?! lol

So you guys are changing your controls and backing out????? I try to change something and it says 'Not all required are assigned' which is crazy because when I Reset the controls, it leaves some actions blank. What am I missing here? Whats wrong with me?! lol

Gear up, gear down, and KERS must be assigned to a button. I'm sure the same goes for acceleration, brakes, etc. I really think the additional assignments are meant for steering wheels, PC's, & keyboards, because there are far too many button assignments for a PS4/XB1 controller.

I have the same problem.Will not save my changes, says "not all required are assigned". PS4

What we really need is someone making button boxes that work on PS4.
That way we could assign all required controls and also the ones we really want to assign !
Some many controls and so little buttons on my T500RS :banghead:

But yes, Sony does not want that, and Project Cars does not allow wheel and controller at the same time...
🤬🤬

I got it. Thanks for replies guys. ... aah~ So much better.

If I remember right, Gran Turismo would let you break the controls. oh, and I have no idea what KERS is. Googling now* Thanks again~<3

I got it. Thanks for replies guys. ... aah~ So much better.

If I remember right, Gran Turismo would let you break the controls. oh, and I have no idea what KERS is. Googling now* Thanks again~<3

Kinetic Energy Recovery System. Available on the McLaren P1 and select Formula vehicles I believe. If pressed you get an added boost of power which increases acceleration and/or top speed. It regenerates over time, primarily from braking.

Back