Buy a Nissan Pathfinder Armada now!

  • Thread starter Thread starter 1X83Z
  • 69 comments
  • 2,958 views
Chevelle SS
You tell us to look at the took, we look at it, tell you what we see, and then you discard it as a "worthless" comment, why'd you ask in the first place.

I didn't ask him to tell me he thought it looked cheap. When you run out of actual reasons, the easiest things to resort to are "it looks/feels cheap" and "I've seen a lot of them broken down." It's constant, it happens every time, and it's easy to do because "I've seen" and "it looks cheap" are immeasurable, so technically they could be true but there's no way to tell (personally, I think that the air-con vents on the 6 are the single cheapest-looking things ever. Say he doesn't. Then we're arguing over something immeasurable, which is stupid). Anyway, he's quit addressing main points so it's not worth it.

I asked you why you preferred the 6s and I'd still like to hear your reasoning.
 
M5Power
(personally, I think that the air-con vents on the 6 are the single cheapest-looking things ever.)

What?! They're excellent, a brilliant idea! You can angle the air any which way you want or close the vent completely just by pushing the vent closed, and it snaps shut. Cheap vents are Grand Am ones. You can spin em around like a little toddler toy and when you actually want air blowing on you the thing moves. You can't shut off the vent or anything.
 
See? Argument. There's no way to determine what's cheap. It's cheap to me and brilliant to MazKid. Which is why saying "it looks cheap" isn't a real criticism.
 
As long as we agree that Grand Ams are very cheap, it's all good.
 
MazKid
As long as we agree that Grand Ams are very cheap, it's all good.

Yes - but then keep in mind the vehicle was designed as a budget player for the 1999 model year.

I actually like the Grand Am's exterior styling and cheapness; they're kind of reliable too. I wouldn't get one, but anyone looking Korean should look here too. The redesigned one, which might be called the G6, is supposed to be pretty good - in preparation for it, Pontiac has dropped the sedan body style for retail sales for the 2005 model year (they're still selling it to fleets) and now the only model available is the GT and GT1 coupe, at $22300 and $23500. Both have the Ram Air package, meaning they get those ugly hood intakes:

05129171990001LRG.jpg


Either way, for the price I'd rather have a 6s...
 
Reasons I prefer the 6s

1) Manual Transmission- I don't care if I'm the target audience or not, a manual tranny is a big plus IMO. Though all is not perfect here, I must asmit that the shifter has a rather long throw with a loose feel, but it still beats a auto any day.

2) Handling- While the steering is a little on the light side, it is quick and precise with no torque steer. It also communicates road feel better than the Galant and stays flat in the corners (Though the Galant does the same, so it's not really an advantage). Also, it lacks the surges of many variable assist systems.

3) Interior- The seats are firm, but not to firm, whereas the Galants were almost too soft. The steering wheels not only tilts, it telescopes, which in turn helps the already very good driving position (High seat, low beltline, sounds like a good combination to me) that is helped in part by a lack of rear head restraints (though I do see where this would be a problem for families with kids). Storage compartments are about average, but still more than the Galant. Last, the interior fits the car, no "what were they thinking" moments, even the fake metal trim fits, a rarity in today's cars, I realize this is an opinion, but you asked me why I prefer the 6s, and that is one of the reasons.

4) Exterior- Much better than the Galant IMO. It looks sporty, unlike the Galant, which just screams "I'm different" and not much else. It looks like the kind of car I'd keep clean because it actually looks good, unlike the Galant, again, an opinion, but it is another reason I prefer the 6s.
 
See - you want the manual transmission, handling, sporty looks; you want a sport sedan. Have you driven the Nissan Altima 3.5SE manual? With my Nissan hat on, I must point out that it's the third-quickest FWD car on the market. :D
 
I'd have to agree on Doug with the Altima, it's got styling, engine, power, more than enough looks, what else do you need?

Maybe people like the 6 because there's a race version?

7458_1_lg.jpg


The story.
 
M5Power
Have you driven the Nissan Altima 3.5SE manual?
Actually, no, I certainly wouldn't mind it, but I haven't been able to. I'm only 16 and actually been fairly lucky with access to cars, but not a license (let's just say my mom doesn't like the idea, she'll let me drive on side streets, nothing else). The only Nissan I've driven was a '93 Nissan Maxima, actually a nice car, esp. for one ten years old, unfortuanately, I only drove it once in a parking lot (my first drive), the car was stolen the next week. Now we have an '02 Hyundai Elantra auto. Only reason I got to see the Mazda and Mitsu was that my dad was recently in the market for a midsize sedan in Feb-March. Anyway, now I have no opportunity to drive anything but my mom's Elantra or my dad's Taurus for a while, both autos, naturally. Oh well, can't have everything.
 
The Mazda 6 entered the SpeedWorld Challenge like 2 weekends ago, the 6 has been out since late '02. Plus the 6 that races has the 2.3L I4 from the 6i. Why Tripoint chose the 6 over the 3 is beyond me. Anyway, in it's debut race it was doing good and then started to overheat so they took it out of the race.
 
Back