Buying cars are annoying

  • Thread starter Thread starter Authentic718
  • 64 comments
  • 8,157 views
Messages
172
Messages
Bloodshot_718
One thing that has been ticking me off is the fact that we can't buy multiple cars at once. Why cant there just be a way to buy more than one car at a time, like a shopping cart. Just had to mention this as it is quite frustrating at times. Possibly in next update?
 
I'm currently trying to collect every single car in the game, so I cam see where you're coming from. It's a tad annoying too when I get kicked out of the dealer everytime I buy a car.
 
I'm fine with buying cars, but the ticket system is pants on head retarded.
 
l agree. But what really gets me is the exaggerated sequence that happens EVERY SlNGLE TlME l buy a car! lt's ridiculous! Yeah, what a great ldea, waste 30 seconds each time the player buys a car by showing the car drive up to the screen, telling you what paint color you got, and asking you if you want to drive the car now. Couldn't they have just asked you if you wanted to get into the car or not, and just leave it at that. The sequence got old after l bought my third car. lt's blasphemous! :grumpy:
 
One thing that has been ticking me off is the fact that we can't buy multiple cars at once. Why cant there just be a way to buy more than one car at a time, like a shopping cart. Just had to mention this as it is quite frustrating at times. Possibly in next update?

I agree. As soon as buy any car, it pushes you back to GT Life -- right after it asks you if you want to drive it or not :grumpy: It's understandable why it does that, but in some situations some sort of shopping cart or a multi-chooser like the one in the Garage is a must.
 
Buying cars in GT5 is one of the aspects that make it interesting.
 
l agree. But what really gets me is the exaggerated sequence that happens EVERY SlNGLE TlME l buy a car! lt's ridiculous! Yeah, what a great ldea, waste 30 seconds each time the player buys a car by showing the car drive up to the screen, telling you what paint color you got, and asking you if you want to drive the car now. Couldn't they have just asked you if you wanted to get into the car or not, and just leave it at that. The sequence got old after l bought my third car. lt's blasphemous! :grumpy:

+1 GT5 is crying out for OPTIONS! Like to turn off the menu animations like that!
 
I really think its cool, but when buying multiple cars, atleast return to the NCD or UCD, and not the menu GT life screen. But obviously, it was made in mind, that after you buy it, you drive it.
 
But obviously, it was made in mind, that after you buy it, you drive it.

That's true, and that IMO is the problem with GT5, it's designed one way and one way only and if you don't like that way it really effs up the enjoyment. Games should cater for as many people as possible, especially HUGE selling games like GT5. In the past it wasn't such a factor because GT had no real competition. That is not the case now. PD need to realise that.
 
It would also be nice after buying a car that we could skip the scene where the car comes out of the dark, right away.. Taking too much time sometimes as you say when you want to buy multiple cars.!
 
Same here.
Have over 700 cars now.
Thats like 6 HOURS spent buying cars (if it takes 30 seconds per car).
:D
 
It would also be nice after buying a car that we could skip the scene where the car comes out of the dark, right away.. Taking too much time sometimes as you say when you want to buy multiple cars.!


But then there would still be a loading screen before the scene and one after skipping it. The whole thing should just be removed, it's completely pointless.
 
I'm going bonkers myself hearing the UCD music over and over :crazy:

tug-pak!-tug-tug-pak! :eek:
 
At least they added the check boxes. What a nightmare the UCD was before that.
 
zanxion
Buying cars in GT5 is one of the aspects that make it interesting.

Yes that is true, but it would make sense to make it so that we can purchase more than one car at a time, at this point I would even be happy with a limit, ie: can only buy 5 cars at a time
 
I´m with you... If you calculate that it takes 1 minute to buy a car, you waste 1000 minutes to buy every car... That´s more than 16 hours of wasted time...

I think they want to give you the feeling that each car you buy is something very special, so it must take time or so...
 
That's a big problem!!! And they definetely want it that way, because there's no reason it isn't fixed after several patches
 
I definitely find it annoying. I understand that they want to make every car you buy/win seem special but after having to go through the pointless sequence over 300 times now I don't find anything special about it anymore. Anyone remember how fast and effortless it was to purchase cars in GT3? I miss that.
 
l agree. But what really gets me is the exaggerated sequence that happens EVERY SlNGLE TlME l buy a car! lt's ridiculous! Yeah, what a great ldea, waste 30 seconds each time the player buys a car by showing the car drive up to the screen, telling you what paint color you got, and asking you if you want to drive the car now. Couldn't they have just asked you if you wanted to get into the car or not, and just leave it at that. The sequence got old after l bought my third car. lt's blasphemous! :grumpy:
I agree, they add too much "ta da" when you buy a car. Every time. It's not like I go on car-shopping sprees, but it is a bit over the top for buying just one car. Also too, it's annoying when you are tuning your car in the tuning shop. Every time you buy one little part, they ask you if you're sure, ask you if you want to install it now (retarded), and then it loads some. It should go like this; click the "purchase" button, load, and done (this is what happens when you buy a part on the fly in the tuning menu in the main menu of a race or an online room). If they can do it on the fly, why do they choose to make you go through all that when you're at the tuning shop? Lots of things in the game have too much pizazz and streamers and everything's over the top. They just need to accept that you're not going to be drooling over that fiat 500 you just bought for 30 seconds.
 
I´m with you... If you calculate that it takes 1 minute to buy a car, you waste 1000 minutes to buy every car... That´s more than 16 hours of wasted time...
Assuming it took you a minute to make every post you've made on this forum, you've wasted almost 28 hours just typing alone. And it hopefully takes you longer than one minute to make a post. ;)
 
I actually had formulated this idea a week ago when I was buying everything in the dealership.

The constant auto exiting the dealer after buying the car got really annoying after a while.
 
Assuming it took you a minute to make every post you've made on this forum, you've wasted almost 28 hours just typing alone. And it hopefully takes you longer than one minute to make a post. ;)

Yeah but in those 28 hours he is doing something "actively", not just waiting around until he allowed to take control again.
 
agree
they should add an add to cart button
 
Yeah but in those 28 hours he is doing something "actively", not just waiting around until he allowed to take control again.
True, just making an observation. I agree with the topic for the most part, though I don't often find myself buying multiple cars at once. I buy cars as I need them, or ones that I find particularly interesting, and so far I've only bought multiple cars at the same time from the OCD, and sometimes two at a time from the UCD.
 
l agree. But what really gets me is the exaggerated sequence that happens every slngle tlme l buy a car! Lt's ridiculous! Yeah, what a great ldea, waste 30 seconds each time the player buys a car by showing the car drive up to the screen, telling you what paint color you got, and asking you if you want to drive the car now. Couldn't they have just asked you if you wanted to get into the car or not, and just leave it at that. The sequence got old after l bought my third car. Lt's blasphemous! :grumpy:

+1
 
PureLogic
I'm going bonkers myself hearing the UCD music over and over :crazy:

tug-pak!-tug-tug-pak! :eek:

Hear hear!!

At least a variety of tunes would have been most welcome.
 

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who finds this annoying. It's quite weird when the sequence happens when you just bought, say, a Daihatsu Midget. :dunce:
 
Back