Buying cars are annoying

  • Thread starter Thread starter Authentic718
  • 64 comments
  • 8,157 views
I´m with you... If you calculate that it takes 1 minute to buy a car, you waste 1000 minutes to buy every car... That´s more than 16 hours of wasted time...
Approximately two minutes, if you give them an oil change too (which you should). ;) Of which 99% is spent watching a crappy animation or the GT logo. :lol:
 
I hear a lot of people saying that you want to skip the animation where the var dribes in ask you if want it to it etc. YOU CAN!! just press o then x when it start to not drive and x if you do.

Edit: btw: the title should be: buying cars IS annoying, not are. :)
 
Last edited:
You must enjoy, savor and relish "The Experience" of the automobile purchase as Kaz intended young Grasshopper :bowdown:......mucho sarcasm intended :D
 
Hey if I buy a 787B, I wanna see its sexy-ness! I earned that!
 
It doesn't concern me very much, as I don't buy a lot of cars at the same time and I guess the loading screen afterwards is partly there to remind you that buying a car is an 'event' but mostly it's probably there for technical reasons.
I do agree that loading screen is quite annoying though, would rather have a cheesy salesman with a huge Prodent-smile handing you the keys and a bunch of flowers whilst his thumb goes up as you drive away and he rubs his hands afterwards producing a huge grin and laughing like a maniac.
At least that would be funny for a while perhaps.
 
I normally don't complain much. I have the patience of a monk. Usually I tend to purchase "rare" cars than anything and not attempt to buy the whole lot.

That's how you lose out when something you really want pops up but at a higher credit price. I use http://www.mygranturismo.net to actually determine which is more worth purchasing than others.

Started this game back in late April and now I have about 340 cars in my garage. The only disappointment I would say is having to continuously go to the shop to get an oil change for every car I buy (over 1000km).
 
Its weird, there are a few things that bug me too.
For instance: win a car from an event, cool!
See it role up and that its a 1980 box on wheels, not so cool,
then asks me if i want to drive it, options should be; yes, no-- not ever for any reason at all ever.
 
Its cool, i like the car coming from shadows, but when you collecting cars its some annoying, so, GT5 must have a some kind of "you press start and pass all animations" like Street Fighter.
 
Tonnie073
Edit: btw: the title should be: buying cars IS annoying, not are. :)

Came in here to say this:tup:
 
Well, realistically you dont put cars in your "shopping basket" :lol: . The way PD see it you buy a car then drive it before you buy another. I think the music in GTAuto is also in RDR and the UCD tune is uber annoying
 
I actually appreciate the GT Auto tune. It's a ragtime composition by Scott Joplin titled "The Entertainer" 👍


 
I actually appreciate the GT Auto tune. It's a ragtime composition by Scott Joplin titled "The Entertainer" 👍
They couldnt have used anything more modern ? When you think back to other GT's the music has been jazzy or classic in a way. Dont like "the entertainer" though.
 
OMG that pissed me off so much when I was collecting. I would have a ton of cash and just buy everything cause they were all cheap crap cars and it took forever having to say buy, a million ok or no options, load screen, than back to main page, and than having to do that all over. Luckily those days are behind me now since I only have a very limited amount needed left.
 
Mr. Green
It would also be nice after buying a car that we could skip the scene where the car comes out of the dark, right away.. Taking too much time sometimes as you say when you want to buy multiple cars.!

+1

7 cars in my delivery truck right now. How long do you think it's going to take me to actually put them in the garage?
 
+1

7 cars in my delivery truck right now. How long do you think it's going to take me to actually put them in the garage?

Depends, do you know the secret cheat :rolleyes:
 
Depends, do you know the secret cheat :rolleyes:

Do you mean this?

just press o then x when it start to not drive and x if you do.

If so it doesn't really save all that much time really. There's still a loading pause as the game loads the car graphics, I'd rather the game just go "ding...car bought" and take me back to the UCD, or OCD, or dealership NOT the main menu (which in itself takes a while to load)
 
Do you mean this?

just press o then x when it start to not drive and x if you do.

If so it doesn't really save all that much time really. There's still a loading pause as the game loads the car graphics, I'd rather the game just go "ding...car bought" and take me back to the UCD, or OCD, or dealership NOT the main menu (which in itself takes a while to load)

Nope, I was just joking :lol: but what is it your talking about ?
 
Nope, I was just joking :lol: but what is it your talking about ?

Tonnie mentioned something earlier on in the thread:


I hear a lot of people saying that you want to skip the animation where the var dribes in ask you if want it to it etc. YOU CAN!! just press o then x when it start to not drive and x if you do.

Edit: btw: the title should be: buying cars IS annoying, not are. :)

It sort of speeds things up, albeit only by bringing up the get in car choice a smidge earlier than normal.
 
What Polyphony should do is create an option where we can either return to the home page or the dealership (or let us choose either option).
 
Grammar problem, much? Shouldn't it be "buying cars IS annoying?" Anyhow...

I think that would be pretty silly to buy multiple cars at once. The only alternative would be if you wanted to buy more of the same car as if you were starting a racing team. Now I do like the idea of returning to the dealer or going home after buying a car. You stay at the dealer in GT4 after getting a car, so why not GT5 as well? This would make sense as I sometimes buy another car in the Used Car lot and in the Online lot. I do get tired of being taken back to the GT Life menu, have to visit the Used car lot, remember to sort by Price, and then buy another car. I often wish Gran Turismo remembers exactly how we want things to be sorted because I get tired of having to re-do the sorting arrangements for certain things.

But once again, I can see the point for buying multiple cars at once. Heck, I often want to SELL multiple cars at once at times.
 
I actually appreciate the GT Auto tune. It's a ragtime composition by Scott Joplin titled "The Entertainer" 👍



I prefer the GT Auto tune used in GT4:

 
I really miss GT1 where you select buy and a quick and catchy guitar rift plays, and that's it. It would take like two seconds, tops. I've come across this thread now because my final trophy is the "1000 cars" one and I'm so excited to finish it, but the stupid animations take forever. It has led me to complain. T-T

Now that I'm thinking of it, I'm going to make that guitar rift my new text alert. :)
 
Authentic718
One thing that has been ticking me off is the fact that we can't buy multiple cars at once. Why cant there just be a way to buy more than one car at a time, like a shopping cart. Just had to mention this as it is quite frustrating at times. Possibly in next update?

Was you using the OCD because I could buy cars multiple cars in the ncd and ucd.
 
I've seen that stupid animation about 950 times now, I'm working on hitting a 1000 cars before gta 5 comes out, I could do it faster but I'm trying not to buy miatas.
 
I would like,instead of the car driving out from the shadows,a bit of the car racing on a track. Like a bit of the demo.
 
I think I wasted 5 years buying cars in GT5 in the past 2 years.
 
I'm currently trying to collect every single car in the game, so I cam see where you're coming from. It's a tad annoying too when I get kicked out of the dealer everytime I buy a car.

A massive garage quanitity kills load times (for me at least... )
so I recently sold about 200 cars that I don't want and will never use :P
First time ever selling cars on GT5
 
the little reveal annimation that shows the car you've just purchased driving out of the shadows is hilariously lame. I mean it couldn't possibly be more underwhelming really. They show your new car from the worst possible angle - it actually shows almost nothing of the car. Plus it only takes up a tiny portion of an otherwise blank screen...its so weak. I don't know why they don't just show you your car sitting at one of the locales available in the photo studio - from a decent perspective of course rather than looking at the nose of the car from about road level.

But of course there should be an option to tunr the reveal off. After you've seen it a half dozen times theres literally no reason to have to keep sitting through it every time you buy a car...
 
Back